Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Unpopular opinion : Is Sadio Mane the most important player in Liverpool squad ?
tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

enter image description here

Well since I'm not following Liverpool on regular basis, 1 game out of 5 in average, I don't know if this claim is correct but from what I've seen of Mane in the League and in the Can 2017 makes me wonder if the main reason of Liverpool struggle lately was due to Sadio Mane absence...

Klopp said that it's affecting them but it's not the main issue, after being lately the best African player of the Can, i wonder if it's really the case.
In term of stats, Mane is implicated in 22% of Liverpool goals, far from Costa most influential player of the premier averaging 50% ( goals + assists ) key passes not included. But then again his presence makes his teammates score more.

Is he the most influential player at Liverpool ? Is he more important than Coutinho ? Or it's more the team tiredness that put them in this awful situation.

Fact is that Liverpool have won only one game since the start of 2017, by only one goal margin and against 4th division Plymouth, terrible start of the calendar year, but it also coincides with Mane departure for national duty...

Since the start of the season till December : goal scored : 2,52 per game conceded 0,97
Since January 2017 : goal scored 1,13 per game, conceded 1,17

If some Prem fanatics could share their opinion on this, every opinion is welcome 😀

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

enter image description here

Well since I'm not following Liverpool on regular basis, 1 game out of 5 in average, I don't know if this claim is correct but from what I've seen of Mane in the League and in the Can 2017 makes me wonder if the main reason of Liverpool struggle lately was due to Sadio Mane absence...

Klopp said that it's affecting them but it's not the main issue, after being lately the best African player of the Can, i wonder if it's really the case.
In term of stats, Mane is implicated in 22% of Liverpool goals, far from Costa most influential player of the premier averaging 50% ( goals + assists ) key passes not included. But then again his presence makes his teammates score more.

Is he the most influential player at Liverpool ? Is he more important than Coutinho ? Or it's more the team tiredness that put them in this awful situation.

Fact is that Liverpool have won only one game since the start of 2017, by only one goal margin and against 4th division Plymouth, terrible start of the calendar year, but it also coincides with Mane departure for national duty...

If some Prem fanatics could share their opinion on this, every opinion is welcome 😀

Comments
amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I now think Mane is Liverpool's most important player. He sets the tempo in attack. Big miss Liverpool are going to feel.

tiki_taka 4 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Not so unpopular right now....