Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Underrated teams WC 2018
_Pelle_ 6 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

Which team in the FiFA world cup 2018 do you think did better than what the result shows?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Which team in the FiFA world cup do you think did better than what the result shows?

Comments
_Pelle_ 6 years ago

In my opinion... I would pick Morocco. Did well every game but were very unlucky with results

Greatone 6 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

I think you misunderstand what underrated means, it would be a team like croatia who, when the world cup began, were not expected to go to the final

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Croatia. Although I dont think they considered weak.

Nigeria despite not going through, I think they did great

Japan Loves these guys

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Greatone He is talking about team who performed in manner that should have seen them does better but that in the end weren't rewarded.

Japan, Morocco and also Peru for me.

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Japan was fantastic... almost pulled off a massive upset and played genuinely high-quality football. Kagawa was also brilliant against Belgium!

_Pelle_ 6 years ago Edited

Underrated according to the result... not before world cup. No one will underrate Croatia now that they've reached the final ;)))

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Underrated according to the result... not before world cup. No one will underrate Croatia now that they've won the world cup.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Oh, Colombia, even without James Rodriguez, I thought they were quite a threat, especially on corner, whenever Mina was around! :D Good team that got quite a bit unlucky with their world cup for me.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Morocco comes in mind. Shame they didn't proceed to the knockout stages, I thought they had nearly everything in them except for that clinical finisher. Same with Australia, but the Socceroos are repeating the same campaign run as they did in the WC 2014, which ticked me off a little.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Australia problem was being unable to create good scoring opportunity. Their 2 only goal came from penality sadly. :( They propably would have been much more effective if they would have had a better striker. And I don't mean to be insulting toward Juric and Nabbout by saying that.

Australia problem was being unable to create good scoring opportunity. Their 2 only goal came from penality sadly. :( They propably would have been much more effective if they would have had a better striker. And I don't mean to be insulting toward Juric and Nabbout by saying that.

Quite the opposite mate. Socceroos were brilliant in creating scoring opportunities but as mentioned before, there was no clinical finisher to put the ball over the net. Juric was garbage, I don't know why he was in the squad in the first place. Nabbout on the other hand was one of the best forwards out there but he's more of a number 9 than a striker. His injury was a big blow.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@iHEART In that case, I take back the scoring opportunity comment, I will concede I didn't check enough before talking. But yeah, obviously, Australia lacked someone to put in the back of the net when it mattered. :(

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Emo: Colombia's problem for me was after their embarrassing last game against England :( with all the trick the divings :(

legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

I felt bad for Denmark who really dominated in the game against Croatia and ended up going out on penalties, despite 3 penalty saves from Schmeichel. Again, as with quite a few teams who played really well but ultimately underperformed, they lacked a clinical striker.

@iHEART In that case, I take back the scoring opportunity comment, I will concede I didn't check enough before talking. But yeah, obviously, Australia lacked someone to put in the back of the net when it mattered. :(

Hahaha, don't sweat lad. You were right about the fact that Australia only scoring two penalties is something to be ashamed of too.

Tuanis 6 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Teams that played well that didn't go far:
Serbia
Senegal
Morocco
Peru
Japan
Switzerland

_Pelle_ 6 years ago

Tuanis... but do you know that switzerland (and japan) never reached further than round of 16... so for them it is as far as they've ever reached before.

Tuanis 6 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

They've never gone further? Well, they still played very well it was only a matter of a moment, one goal to keep them from making history then.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@tuan Eh, south americain team, no suprise there. Beside, England was kind of time wasting in that game as well so I get their frustration.

@iHEART Maybe, but at least, they scored in both occassion. :D

@legends16 Yeah... Good striker who perform consistently are much harder to find in the modern game. Anyway, have to feel bad for Schmeichel. Especially considering his dad was there supporting him. :(

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

IMO Costa Rica played overall pretty well in the group, not like a top team but they were very hard to beat, Brazil needed a lot more to beat them than all the other teams they played part from Belgium and their loss to Serbia was because of a free kick goal that not even Navas could save so it was unlucky, with some details going their way they could have passed the group.