Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

UEFA's Team of the year 2011
ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Sory guy's, i know this is late, but i was signing up for UEFA's fantasy league (thank's Man_Utd for posting) but i found UEFA's team of they year and i don't think anyone post on it. Anway, here it is!

Iker Casillas

Dani Alves                                                                                                     Viera Marcelo

Gerad Pique                   Thiago Silva

Xavi Hernandez

Arjen Robben                                                                                                                           Gareth Bale

Andres Iniesta

Lionel Messi                                     Cristiano Ronaldo

Real Madrid Players: 3
   Barcelona Players: 5
    B. Munich players: 1
   T. Hotspur players: 1
   AC.   Milan Players: 1; Thiago Silva was a Milan player at the time.

I'm really surprised that Bale got on the team... I reckoned it would have been Ronney because UEFA could have swapped Iniesta for Bale and the changed Bale for Rooney. I also thought that It would have been Gomez or Ibrahimovich and out Ronaldo on wing, and take Robben, the 'excellent' passer off. Please share your thoughts and like and dislike! Thanks!   

Comments
raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Interesting line up. I wish they would di a charity game with a lineup like this 

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Raimondo if they did these this team would be practically unbeatable :)

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Id love to see Messi and Ronaldo play together at least one game. Would make for a devastating partnership. 

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

@raimondo : I second that !!

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

I doubt it; Messi and Ronaldo have completely different playing styles, therefore it will be hard for the teams to keep up with their different strategys. I can just imagine them arguing over who gets the ball if Bale crossed it in!

Keisuke 12 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 830

Dani Alves ? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!

DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

The guy above me has a serious problem!
expect from him to say that 
Azpilicueta is better!

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Keisuke wtf is wrong with you? Alves is probably the best RB there is in the world right now! Go on then, tell me somone who is better than Alves.

And DonAndres, have you heard that stuff Navigator is saying? Idiot...

DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

yes ramaboy..
he want to distract us from his multiaccounts! thats why! he is norway.. nuff said

Tuanis 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

dani alves wa the best, now he is not close to being the best. I dont like how he plays, he is very offensive and not very good defender

Golden 12 years ago
35 693

I agree with Tuanis in terms of the right back position. When it comes to the left back, from my point of view, Fabio Coentrão deserves that space. I don't consider Marcelo as a fully defensive left back; he's more of an offensive player. Coentrão on the other hand is world class at defending and also great when running down the flank. He was probably the best player for Portugal in the Euro's, too.

Trollman 12 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

COUGH*Ashley Cole for LB*COUGH. More experience than Contrao, runs down the flank, great defensivley, but can do it better than him. I'm sure Contrao will be even better when he peaks but for now Ashley is the best in Europe.

Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

I'd still pick Marcelo over Coentrao anyday.

Iraqi_Madridsta_CR7 12 years ago
Real Madrid, Iraq 3 12

Coentrao is also pretty good he isnt that bad.... mourinho should give marcelo and coentrao some playtime but if i had to choose one of them i would still pick marcelo.

bambhose 12 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, Spain 0 124

gareth bale yahoooooo XD

quikzyyy 12 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Bale, wait what?! 

man_utd 12 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 91 1444

@quickzyyy 
Gareth Bale used to play LB. Not so much last season.
@bamabhose 
I think GB moved upwards and isn't playing LB that much now.

Golden 12 years ago
35 693

@Trollman ➭ Well of course Cole has more experience than Coentrão. He is after all 31, while Coentrão is only 24.

@Heisinburg ➭ Could you please tell me why? Because I agree, Marcelo is maybe better offensively if that's what you're looking for (both of them are running they're legs of in every match), but Coentrão is on a different level than him with reference to defending. I don't know what you look for in a defender, but personally I prefer having a safe card defensively. (Especially if you look at Real's offensive players. I'm not sure if they need another player running around the penaly area.)