Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

UEFA Team of the Year announced!
Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

NOTE : ALL INFO GOES CREDIT TO http://www.givemefootball.com/european-news/uefa-team-of-the-year-gmf-xi?state=ccf7e4eddcf34da699978028d9628239**

**Iker Casillas, Real Madrid – The Real Madrid shotstopper surely deserved a place in the final three for the Ballon D’or? The Spaniard was exceptional at Euro 2012 and his standards have rarely dipped across an impressive 13-year career at Madrid.

Jordi Alba, Barcelona – the former Valencia full-back rose to prominence in earnest at Euro 2012 and his been in brilliant form ever since, his marauding style suits Barcelona down to the ground.

Thiago Silva, Paris Saint-Germain – The Brazilian earned a place in transfer record history when he became the 2nd most expensive defender of all time following his €42 million move to Paris Saint-Germain over the summer.

Mats Hummels, Borussia Dortmund – Germany’s renegade central defender earned a legion of admirers as he helped Borussia Dortmund claim a second successive league title last term, while his efforts at Euro 2012 amply demonstrated his ability going forward as well as at the back.

Philipp Lahm, Bayern Munich – Lahm is a bastion of consistency for Bayern Munich and Germany; he was perhaps his club’s best player as they came within inches of winning the Champions League while he was named in the Euro 2012 team of the tournament.

Andres Iniesta, Barcelona – Could this be the year that someone breaks the Ronaldo v Messi duopoly and claims the Ballon D’Or? Maybe, maybe not, but Iniesta has been at his peak for the last 12 months and perhaps represents the best of Barcelona and Spain more than any of his team-mates.

Andrea Pirlo, Juventus – With age comes experience and there are few with as much nous as Andrea Pirlo – the wily Italian rolled back the years to help Juventus go unbeaten last season on their way to the Scudetto and drive Italy to the brink of Euro 2012 glory.

Xavi, Barcelona – Spain’s chief puppeteer has still got it and while he had a tough Euro 2012, his pass consistency and his ability to dictate proceedings mean he is worthy of a spot in any midfield.

David Silva, Manchester City – In a galaxy of stars, David Silva shone brightest for Manchester City as they claimed their first domestic title in 44 years, while his efforts in helping Spain win Euro 2012 will never be forgotten.

Cristiano Ronaldo, Real Madrid – the Portuguese superstar’s standards have simply not dipped since he joined Real Madrid – he now has an astonishing 125 league goals in 115 games and shows no signs of slowing down any time soon.

Lionel Messi, Barcelona – Quite possibly the greatest player of all time, Messi broke the record for most goals scored in a single season last time round, smashed the record for most goals in a single Champions League campaign in the process, and is on the cusp of breaking the record for the most goals in a single calendar year. Want more? Ok, he could soon become the first four-time Ballon D’Or winner in history. Magical.

Comments
Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Good choices excpet I don't think Hummels or Xavi deserved a spot above others. If it were up to me, I would've replaced them with:
CB: Kompany = he was the rock upon which City rested. He captained a mottley crew of egos to their first title in damn near half-a-century. I honestly think he had more to do with their success than Mancini.
CF: RVP or Falcao. I don't need to explain this one.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Both RVP and Falcao were amazing, but RVP didn't do much in the Champions League last year. Falcao sure as hell deserves it though. And as for Kompany, City got knocked out in the groups stages of the Champions League and they didn't go anywhere in the Europa either, so Kompany couldn't get a chance to showcase his talents in UEFA competitions, so that's why I think he got ruled out.

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

Oh my God! 5 from Spain?! What is wrong with FIFA?! Xavi and SILVA?! Alba?! Where's all the good stuff?! Marcelo, Falcao, Schweinsteiger, Özil, Ribery?! Why do you have to have FIVE spaniards on this list, it frustrates me so much I swear, I could have killed Blatter ... OMFG!

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

Oh, sorry for my outburst. It was just stupid GiveMeFootball's own list ...

thijsFCB 11 years ago
Barcelona, Netherlands 45 223

Van Persie should be in there, no doubt about it. 

Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

There should be the SUBS section for the UEFA TOTY.

PuppetMaster 11 years ago
England 15 331

@golden you should kill platini because he is the one who run uefa not blatter js

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

Ops, double facepalm by me. I thought it was FIFA who created and announced the team, sorry. Okay, but then I'll just kill Platini.

PuppetMaster 11 years ago
England 15 331

platini is a joke

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Is thiago silva really that good? Sorry I've never actually seen him play. 

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Pretty much agree with that! But Alba i would hhave replaced with Bale.

ChelseaRox10 11 years ago
Chelsea, England U19 142 979

ALBA!????

@PuppetMaster UEFA is a joke...

Keisuke 11 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 830

ALBA? XAVI? HAHA!

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

YOUR MUM? PFF

Jeffrey_Hazard 11 years ago
Chelsea, France 81 456

why rama?its the truth uefa so biased with barcelona

Tuanis 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

there is something wrong with an ideal team if that seasons 2 UCL finalists (Chelsea and Bayern) both together have 1 player on it... where is Ashley Cole or Schweinsteiger or RIbery? doesn't make sense.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Doesn't anyone notice but me????

UEFA organized the EURO and alba was on fire on that..

Keisuke you cannot say 'XAVI?HAHA!' when he practically made nearly all the assists against Italy. Ok, there should have been some more German players no doubt but still

Alba should be replaced with Marcelo, Bale or Cole