Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

UEFA include wrong club’s name in Champions League draw
alferroa 7 years ago
Liverpool, Indonesia 63 178

It would have been a beautiful story… From the Scottish second division to the Champions League, sadly it’s not happening.

enter image description here

The Champions League early stages can be confusing for some, as they include some teams you have never heard of from Europe and they’re played in the middle of the summer.

UEFA listed Scottish club Hibernian FC in the latest round of Champions League draw, however, Hibernian FC were in the Scottish second division last season, and even if they are promoted, they are not competing in the Champions League this season, but Maltese club Hibernians (with an “s”) are.

Hibernian for Hibernians, who knew a difference of one word, would mean two different football clubs in Europe. An understandable mistake for UEFA, in which the Scottish club enjoyed:

Comments
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

The answer from the club though. XD I don't where you find all of those story but keep them coming, especially those like this one, it alway bring a smile to my lips. :D

alferroa 7 years ago
Liverpool, Indonesia 63 178

@Emobot7 haha thank you Emo. Twitter is the best source, if you notice, I often put lots of responses in my article from Twitter XD

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@ferro Course, make sense. :)