{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

UEFA Fans team of the year
Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

enter image description here

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

No M'bappe? Thats kinda sad considering how far Monaco went last season. :( I mean, they both win the league and reach the semi-final of CL.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@emo, yea especially since Hazard got elected meanwhile Mbappe had the better season, in my opinion. Cant really argue the rest.

Drbutterface 6 years ago
Roma, Italy 2 522

Switch Hazard with Neymar and we're set.

Pupper 6 years ago
Juventus 0 214

And Dani Alves with Carvajal.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

It's the fans that voted.

Personally:

Mbappe had an amazing season, he reached far in the CL and won the league title as a 17-18 year old kid.
He scored 15 goals in the league and 6 in CL, that's more than Neymar or De Bruyne for example and he is much younger.
Basically he had a better season than Messi since he won the league and scored vs Buffon in the CL knockout when Juventus had the best defense in the world, that was the only goal that Juventus concided before the final, insane for an 18 year old.

Hazard had a good season he scored more than usual in the league and won it but since he didn't play in Europe I don't know why is he on the list, my guess is he must have a lot of fans and they are also putting a lot of merit in what he has been doing this season before the year ended, still IMO not enough for the whole year since the most people could put in count is the group stage matches after which it's not like Hazard is the top scorer of the CL, he is far from that.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

I don't know am I the only one, but picking Buffon and Alves doesn't really make sense for me.

Buffon is 38/39 and he will retire in less than a season, if he didn't play in such an organized defence like Juventus (where Bonucci looked like best CB in the world from time to time), he'd concede way more. Honestly, Szczesny is outperforming him at the moment. Buffon's pick is only because of his past times and both de Gea/Oblak (and Neuer if he didn't get injured) would deserve the award over him.

Alves is slightly more tolerable decision because calendar helped him a lot. While he was average in first half of 2016/17 and good towards the end of second half, Carvajal would surely deserve the place if we looked at 2016/17, if we looked at only 2017, where Carvajal's form dropped, it'd be much tighter decision. My personal preference is Carvajal any day or night but I understand reason Alves has place in TOTY.

Ramos isn't in top 2 centerbacks in the world for me, but had better year and he deserves the place over anyone else (in FIFA TOTY vote there aren't Hummels and Chiellini, but Azpilicueta is lmao).

No way Hazard had better year than Neymar.

Mbappe might make future TOTY (maybe even the next one) but I don't see him here.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

both de Gea/Oblak (and Neuer if he didn't get injured) would deserve the award over him.

No way Oblak deserve it over Buffon mate, otherwise I agree with you.
However, I'd chose between Carvajal/Kimmich at the RB spot.

rayrex7 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

This is only based on the 2016/2017 UEFA champions and Europa league Performance.

Mbappe definitely deserves a spot. I would also argue with the RB spot and midfielders.

RB- Kimmich/Carvajal
CM/RM - Thiago Alacantra or Casemiro
LM- Mbappe/Neymar

I don't how KDB or Hazard got up there

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Hazard and Debruyne shouldn't be on the list. Lets be fair. Neymar and Mbappe should be there. However, whoever said that fans are objective with their opinions? Nope.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

@quikzy, Oblak had great year imo. But I agree, maybe I didn't really look it through. Kimmich is still maybe not in level for TOTY, knowing he wasn't consistent starter in second half of 2016/17.

@rayrex, if it's based on UCL and UEL, how come Hazard is there? Tbh de Bruyne/Mbappe is close one, 50-50 for me. Can't put one over the edge.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Objectivly Mbappe should be on the list I agree.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Chelsea didn't even play in a UEFA competition last season...I'm assuming this list is based on league stuff as well otherwise Hazard never would have even been an option.

Still shouldn't be there imo.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian To be fair with you, I do agree that Buffon, isn't as good as some other keeper, at the moment at least. Still class and was quite solid in the 2016-2017. But if you do look at this season, then its obvious for me he will propably have no choice but to take his retreat soon.