Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

UEFA Euro 2020 Group Phase
Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

We know the group for the upcoming Euro 2020, here they are: enter image description here

Comments
quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Hungary put really great fight, shame about that last goal they conceded in 86th minute.

I'd go with Belgium, Italy, France, Croatia, Ukraine, Germany, Netherlands, Wales

DarthFooty 3 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

Belgium-Portugal : Belgium win it and I have a feeling it wont even be close. Belgium has had players returning and with everyone finding their feet, they will put together a match Portugal wont be able to keep up with.
England-Germany : Germany will get by but it will be close. Either a mistake will be the difference, or it will go to PKs. We all know how Eng does with PK's haha
France-Switzerland : France for the win
Netherlands-Czech Republic : Holland are looking good and I expect them to have too much for the Czechs
Croatia-Spain : Now that Spain has shown they can score, will they continue with that or just pass Modric and Co to death? I say Spain to win
Sweden-Ukraine : Sweden are looking solid and I see them beating Ukraine
Italy-Austria : Italy are too strong and will win this one
Wales-Denmark : Torn because I like seeing Wales step up, but Denmark, not only has played well, but has the emotion factor. I am saying Denmark win this one

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

Hungary put really great fight, shame about that last goal they conceded in 86th minute.

Yeah, nearly made our prediction of a big team not making it real as well. Still quite a feat and performance they did in this tournament. Respect to them.

Personally, I'm gonna be one of the pessimistic one and say Portugal might actually win against Belgium. I'm not a big fan of Belgium defense, people seem to think Portugal are incompentent because of their defeat against Germany... they are not. Still a very solid team and you cannot ever count CR7 out either.

I'm also gonna predict England to beat Germany if only because they got better overall defense (not taking keeper into consideration). Germany got an amazing player in Ruddiger but Hummels and Ginter have been quite inconsistent at time.

France, Italy and Netherland should all get through.

Sweden vs Ukraine might be tough, think Sweden is the better team but Ukraine might cause an offset if they are lucky. They are propably happier playing Sweden than many other teams left, thats for sure.

Finally, I'm gonna say Wales might get through, sure they might not have as much emotional factor as Denmark but they sure build a good momentum in the group stage in my opinion.

expertfootball11 3 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

I've watched all 3 of Ukraine's games, and I can tell you with a fair degree of confidence that they will not beat Sweden

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

Well damn, i think more than half of my prediction are already wrong. XD

Also, why as no one told me Netherland took something like 3 red against the Czeck Republic in previous Euros (now 4)? The kind of stat that alway pop out after the games. XD

Footy_watch 3 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1858

I got 5/6 predictions wrong. Now 5/7 wrong.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I got 5 out of 6 predictions wrong lol

I got 5 out of 6 predictions wrong lol. Now 5 out of 7 wrong

Emrecan_58 3 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

I got 3 of them right if Sweden wins today, it's 4. So half is good :D

My main prediction for the tournament is Belgium-Italy winner vs Denmark in the final. I assumed Denmark would play at least the quarters but their path is quite easy until the finals so I think they can do it!

DarthFooty 3 years ago Edited
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

Im at 4 right, 3 wrong with the Sweden Ukraine match going on now. Let's see if I can get to 5 and 3 or go 50% at 4 and 4.

Yup 4 and 4 with the Sweden loss. Such a fun tournament!

• History

Im at 4 right, 3 wrong with the Sweden Ukraine match going on now. Let's see if I can get to 5 and 3 or go 50% at 4 and 4.

Emrecan_58 3 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Damn it is an interesting tournament haha

Footy_watch 3 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1858

It was an unpredictable round from my view, I only got 2/8 predictions correct.

For the semis I think it will be:
Belgium vs Switzerland
England vs Denmark

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

Damn it is an interesting tournament haha

More like utterly chaotic tournament with more plotwist than a south americain telenovela. Gotta say its quite entertaining at least.

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I'm so glad I was wrong, this tournament is looking really good, crazy matches.

Marcus2011 3 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Chaotic tournament ... in my opinion. France manager threw away the game. Italian manager underestimated Austria greatly and didn't make changes in time, could have lost it too!

Dutch Boer underestimated Czech. Germans Low came out with poor tactics against England.
Portugals manager bragged about weak points of Belgium, and then didn't capitalize on anything.
Swedes were supposed to kill the game against Ukraine but decided to allow them control of the game when they could have gone forward more aggressively.
Spain clear favorites struggled to get past struggling Croatia.

I think this 1/16 had more tactical and strategic errors from managers than i have ever seen before.. It is beyond ridiculous. Yes, not to take anything from underdogs, or other teams but look at the games again and there were errors that these managers wouldn't make in other instances.

Marcus2011 3 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

It is fun to watch, but from football strategies point of view - shambolic games and decisions were made in this tournament.

• History

It is fun to watch, but from football strategies point of view - shambolic games and decisions were made..

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

France manager threw away the game.

Taking Griezmann off was dumb decision.

Italian manager underestimated Austria greatly and didn't make changes in time, could have lost it too!

Hats off where it's due, Austria played really great and before that Italy looked absolutely like a best team

Dutch Boer underestimated Czech.

Yep, however that red card probably ended any chances they had.

Germans Low came out with poor tactics against England.

I think most Germany fans take this as a win as they all wanted him out past 2 years, German was simply not the one from 2014 WC and been on slow downfall ever since.

Portugals manager bragged about weak points of Belgium, and then didn't capitalize on anything.

Well, Portugal should stop wasting every free kick by giving it Ronaldo. As good as he still is, his free kick accuracy is absolutely terrible.

Swedes were supposed to kill the game against Ukraine but decided to allow them control of the game when they could have gone forward more aggressively.

Again, killed by dumb red card.

Spain clear favorites struggled to get past struggling Croatia.

I think you're underestimating team which reached final on last World Cup, while all Spain did before was beating Slovakia.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

I think most Germany fans take this as a win as they all wanted him out past 2 years, German was simply not the one from 2014 WC and been on slow downfall ever since.

Nah, he already said before tournament that he would be leaving after it. Not a win for Germany at all.

I think you're underestimating team which reached final on last World Cup, while all Spain did before was beating Slovakia.

I agree, whenever I checked about the favorite in peoples minds, this Spain team was very much down the list, I think this Spanish side is nowhere near a clear favorite. And yeah Croatia aren't as strong as they used to but they didn't reached a WC final by chance. Both teams were weak at time so that kinda explain that scoreline though.