Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

UEFA Champions League Under -19 Semi Final Chelsea 4 Roma 0
Marcus2011 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Scorers : Charlie Colkett - 47 , Dominc Solanke - 49,56 ; Tammy Abraham - 83 .

Well at least our youth team was more ambitious in CL .

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Well at least our youth team was more ambitious in CL .

Comments
iamRDM 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 32 202

i'd like to see izzy brown, boga the new messi, loftus cheek and dom solanke in our 1st team

JuanMata10 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@Marcus:

Why are you mentioning Lukaku taking a penalty? In my response I didn't even say something about him taking pens or other set pieces. I don't want Mourinho to load all the pressure on him, just give him a couple of minutes in this season, because it's obvious that he'll play him more more often next season considering Mou's recent comments. But the sooner he gains some experience, the better, that's what I'm trying to say.

I'm wondering who you fancy from our youth players or loanees the most?
For me, the ones with the biggest potential are Brown, RLC, Traoré and Boga.

I also really like that 8 out of 11 players our starting XI are English:
GK: Collins (England)
RB: Aina (England)
CB: Christensen (Denmark)
CB: Clarke-Salter (England)
LB: DaSilva (England)
DM: RLC (England)
DM: Colkett (England)
RM: Brown (England)
AM: Musonda (Belgium)
LM: Boga (France)
ST: Solanke (England)

• History

@Marcus:

Why are you mentioning Lukaku taking a penalty? In my response I didn't even say something about him taking pens or other set pieces. I don't want Mourinho to load all the pressure on him, just give him a couple of minutes in this season, because it's obvious that he'll play him more more often next season considering Mou's recent comments. But the sooner he gains some experience, the better, that's what I'm trying to say.

@Marcus:

I'm wondering who you fancy from our youth players or loanees the most?
For me, the ones with the biggest potential are Brown, RLC, Traoré and Boga.

I brought up Lukaku as example of why young player should not have been given such a big responsibility as scoring winning goal against best goalkeeper in the world in the UEFA Super Cup final . It was too much pressure and maybe was another reason why he wished to leave club .

Well obvious choice will be Loftus Cheek who is going to be under Mourinhos supervision next season and start his integration into the main squad .

Other player I fancy is Izzy Brown because as a great center forward , he has everything to be top player . Skills , Speed , stamina, clever in the box and finishing is second to none . He can hold the ball , comfortable to make runs from outside of the box ( like Diego COsta ) , drops into midfield often and distributes balls like a midfielder . He is captain so leadership quality is plus because he has a bigger winning mentality . He needs more attention because he has big potential .

Dominc Solanke is another wonderful prospect that needs more attention to his development . Drobga needs to get on it . Drogba is great role model for our striker . He will show how to be pure all out striker.

It is true what they say that sometimes player has huge talent but bad work ethics ( like Baloteli ) which ruin their chances to meet high expectation they set for themselves . Chelsea is no longer mid table club and we have high expectation . However, i think in Traores case he has talent and work ethics to succeed .

Also I like Ola Aina and Nathan Ake .

• History

I brought up Lukaku as example of why young player should not have been given such a big responsibility as scoring winning goal against best goalkeeper in the world in the UEFA Super Cup final . It was too much pressure and maybe was another reason why he wished to leave club .

Well obvious choice will be Loftus Cheek who is going to be under Mourinhos supervision next season and start his integration into the main squad .

Other player I fancy is Izzy Brown because as a great center forward , he has everything to be top player . Skills , Speed , stamina, clever in the box and finishing is second to none . He can hold the ball , comfortable to make runs from outside of the box ( like Diego COsta ) , drops into midfield often and distributes balls like a midfielder . He is captain so leadership quality is plus because he has a bigger winning mentality . He needs more attention because he has big potential .

Dominc Solanke is another wonderful prospect that needs more attention to his development . Drobga needs to get on it . Drogba is great role model for our striker . He will show how to be pure all out striker.

It is true what they say that sometimes player has huge talent but bad work ethics ( like Baloteli ) which ruin their chances to meet high expectation they set for themselves . Chelsea is no longer mid table club and we have high expectation . However, i think in Traores case he has talent and work ethics to succeed .

Also I like Ola Aina .

Article from Chelsea site and Jose Mourinhos opinion on youngsters :

Solanke is one of a number of youngsters to have spent time training with – and indeed playing for – the first team this season. The manager considered what is best for the striker – a goalscorer in recent UEFA Youth League final and FA Youth Cup final first leg.

‘He played against Maribor. He was on the bench against Crystal Palace, against Manchester United, and probably he will be on the bench against Arsenal. For a kid who is an Under-18, his experiences this season have been magnificent.‘Next year he has two ways to go. For me it would be a big mistake for him to go on loan to another team in England or in Europe.

‘Staying at Chelsea, training with the first team, having pre-season with the first team, sometimes covering the main strikers, and playing every week again for the Under-21s and the Under-18s - he would probably never need to go out on loan. He can just go step by step here, and in a couple of years [he will be a] first team player.‘When a player is like Loftus-Cheek or Solanke - that we know for sure has the potential to play for Chelsea one day - it’s better for them to stay and develop at Chelsea.

‘They belong to an integrated project. They belong to the club. They train with me, they are in my meetings, and they play for me in some matches. For many of them this is the best way to do it.‘Ruben is a great example. He was never on loan. He was just working and waiting and now he knows next season he is a first team player.’

• History

Article from Chelsea site and Jose Mourinhos opinion on youngsters :

Solanke is one of a number of youngsters to have spent time training with – and indeed playing for – the first team this season. The manager considered what is best for the striker – a goalscorer in recent UEFA Youth League final and FA Youth Cup final first leg.

‘He played against Maribor. He was on the bench against Crystal Palace, against Manchester United, and probably he will be on the bench against Arsenal. For a kid who is an Under-18, his experiences this season have been magnificent.

‘Next year he has two ways to go. For me it would be a big mistake for him to go on loan to another team in England or in Europe.

‘Staying at Chelsea, training with the first team, having pre-season with the first team, sometimes covering the main strikers, and playing every week again for the Under-21s and the Under-18s - he would probably never need to go out on loan. He can just go step by step here, and in a couple of years [he will be a] first team player.

‘When a player is like Loftus-Cheek or Solanke - that we know for sure has the potential to play for Chelsea one day - it’s better for them to stay and develop at Chelsea.

‘They belong to an integrated project. They belong to the club. They train with me, they are in my meetings, and they play for me in some matches. For many of them this is the best way to do it.

‘Ruben is a great example. He was never on loan. He was just working and waiting and now he knows next season he is a first team player.’