Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Turkish Süper Lig
Emrecan_58 5 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Hey everyone,

Welcome to my traditional Turkish Süper Lig thread lol.
Jokes aside, we have once again a great competition. I think Süper Lig is the most competetive league in top 10 to be honest. Never disappointed in years.
I personally had no hope for this year but some things happened that no Beşiktaş fan understands yet and we are back on the race.
(Fenerbahçe just above the relegation zone)
enter image description here
Sunday evening, we have Galatasaray - Beşiktaş, match of the year. Winner might take it all. If we win, we'll have huge chance considering Başakşehir's form.
Here's the fixture (Başakşehir got a draw Sivas)
enter image description here

What do you think, do we have a chance?

Comments
Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

Super lig look exciting this season once again, I swear, this is such a competetive and good league that goes under the radar. :( Considering how it seem like it was to be easily won by Basaksehir, this is a pretty epic plot-twist! Hope whoever win between Galatasaray and Besiktas win it all, it would be such an exciting turn of event. And obviously, Besiktas in particular would be sweet. :D I don't know what is going with Fenerbahce, I really hope they don't get relegated personally. Feel like it would make the league less exciting and weaker in the long term.

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

To quote Mario Gomez, he couldn’t live their because of the political situation for him and his family. Then along came a country on the brink of civil war because of a large Kurdish population. Turkey also neighbor to war in nearby Syria.

It used to be a league that could compete with Europe. Fenerbace, Galatasaray.

I see similarities between what happened to this league and the Ukraine situation. I.e Shakhtar can no longer sign big names, playing at Donbas is dangerous politically.

Emrecan_58 5 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

@Emobot They won't relegate anyway so no problem with that. But we had something for a laughter this year :D Even Fenerbahçe fans think the same.
@Ledley Yeah by the time Gomez left, there was that coup attempt, noone was going to say anything, for whoever leaves. But he was scared and he had the right to be. So he left but he made a pretty stupid decision. He agrees it was stupid to leave like that.
By the way, it's not actually on the brink of a civil war with Kurds. It was never the case. There could've been something between Erdoğans and anti Erdoğans, but anti-Erdoğan people are scared now to go out and protest. So nothing will happen.

TerrestrialDolphin 5 years ago Edited
Fenerbahce, Sweden 0 15

We have had such a pathetic season haha, but I never doubted we'd avoid relegation. We were already in a downwards trend before Cocu, but he just completely ruined whatever was left of the team. Thankfully, things are coming together again, and I'm excited for next season. Hopefully we'll be competitive again, this season has been painful to say the least. I'm particularly excited about our academy talents!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

We have had such a pathetic season haha, but I never doubted we'd avoid relegation. We were already in a downwards trend before Cocu, but he just completely ruined whatever was left of the team. Thankfully, things are coming together again, and I'm excited for next season. Hopefully we'll be competitive again, this season has been painful to say the least. I'm particularly excited about our academy talents!

Oh and the anti-Turkey propaganda is strong in Europe, Europeans think they actually know things about Turkey when in fact it's the EU and their governments filling their heads with bullshit. Turkey on the brink of civil war lol, funny. Turkey definitely has problems, but I think they're doing a pretty good job dealing with them. I advise any European reading this to take a look at the situation in Europe. EU is slowly falling apart, so many opposing ideologies with fanatics supporting each side, inability to form proper governments in pretty much every country. Worry about civil wars of your own :p

Emrecan_58 5 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

By the way, I dedicate this song to championship throphy

_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

Very exciting indeed. Not hating but I do wonder how much help Basaksehir have actually gotten fom Erdogan&Co

Emrecan_58 5 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

@Pelle Başakşehir's president is married with the niece of Erdoğan's wife.

• History

@Pelle Başakşehir's president is married with the niece of Erdoğan's wife's. And he will now run İstanbul until the renewed elections decided by the dictator.

@Pelle Başakşehir's president is married with the niece of Erdoğan's wife's.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

@Emrecan Sorry for the results Emre, I know its not what you were hopping for. Ah well, would have loved it if you guy would have won it. :( Technically not over but its going to be take a lot of good fortune for Besiktas to win it now.

JozeV2 5 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

Can we honestly stop the politics talk in a football forum? Supporting a dictator who wants to have war with his neighbours and brainwashes his minions is just a reason to puke in my screen.

Back on topic what's wrong with Fener? I would like to know from someone that watches the league.
At least their basketball is god-like under Obradovic and they are winning the Euroleague I bet this year

_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

@JozeV2: Don’t agree. Let people talk about whatever they want. The forum gives you that possiblity... as long as people respect each other.

And I do agree that Erdogan has made Turkey more economically stable. I remember 2003 I was in Istanbul and buying a simple kebab cost around 1M turkish lira smh

He does however act like a dictator in other areas, thats also true... but sometimes it feels like especially some european countries want to make him look bad for different reasons.

Turkey could have been better and could have been worse. Including football.

TerrestrialDolphin 5 years ago Edited
Fenerbahce, Sweden 0 15

@JozeV2 As painful as it's been, I've watched most matches this season. Before this season began, we got a new club president. With him came a new manager, Phillip Cocu. Cocu sold the two players who basically carried the whole team last season, Souza and Guiliano. Bought a bunch of young players and signed some useless loan deals. Chaos erupted, the team couldn't play. Seriously, it was shameful to watch, every single match. In my opinion, Cocu completely underestimated the league. Eventually he was fired/stepped down, and Ersun Yanal got the job (he managed Fener for a year a few years ago). Under him things have been looking better, much better. Now we're at least playing normal football as a team again. As long as he stays on for next season and he can continue his vision, Fenerbahce will hopefully be competetive again!

• History

@JozeV2 As painful as it's been, I've watched most matches this season. Before this season began, we got a new club president. With him came a new manager, Phillip Cocu. Cocu sold the two players who basically carried the whole team last season, Souza and Guiliano. Bought a bunch of young players and signed some useless loan deals. Chaos erupted, the team couldn't play. Seriously, it was shameful to watch, every single match. In my opinion, Cocu completely underestimated the league. Eventually he was fired/stepped down, and Ersun Yanal got the job (he managed Fener for a year a few years ago). Under him things have been looking better, much better. Now we're at least playing normal football as a team again. As long as he stays on for next season and he can continue his vision, Fenerbahce will hopefully be competetive again!

And concerning politics, everyone is brainwashed. I am, and so are you. Pro Erdogans, anti Erdogans, pro EUs, anti EUs, republicans, democrats, liberals, conservatives, it makes no difference. Politics are never one sided, there is no good side or bad side. Whichever media you watch/read or country you reside in will present you with their biased perspective to assure your loyalty. Taking a side means you're already brainwashed, and whoever takes a side will always been convinced that their side is the good one.

JozeV2 5 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

@TerrestrialDolphin First off all to clear something I did not above I was not calling you a minion personally. I just find it completely wrong to include politics when they divide people in a forum that uses sports to unite people. I do not pick sides my friend I live in a country that is totally demolished from traitors and thieves. I only care for the people and since my job has a lot to do with communication I learned to not divide people by ethnicities. Last but not least thanks for the heads up about Fener.

@Pelle NO. Make a private discussion? For the love of god I personally fallen a victim a while ago and insulted Emer when he called the people of Cyprus racist and it ended up bad. That is why I simply suggested we should not take politics here. Just take it on a private chat because 1 simple opinion can trigger an e-war.

Emrecan_58 5 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

One thing I learned during my last 3-4 years is that you can not discuss anything with anyone thinking that Erdoğan did a good job, so I'll leave it here and remove the comments related. It's like defending a religion, if he/she's not open to new opinions, nothing will change. I am not talking about you @TerrestrialDolphin by the way. No offence.

@JozeV2 Yeah, agreed. Everyone has their own cause, and defend it by the means necessary. Almost noone actually knows or searched about the truth because it just feels easier to believe in something. As much as I decreased that level for myself, even I do still do that sometimes.

Emrecan_58 5 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

@Emobot We kind of deserved it. If you watch the goals, both were conceded while our players were arguing with the referee. It's not like the ref was right during those goals, he was like a player of Galatasaray but it doesn't justify our (Mostly our coach Şenol's) mistakes. We should've won it.

TerrestrialDolphin 5 years ago
Fenerbahce, Sweden 0 15

@Emrecan_58 No worries, I prefer football over politics anyway :p

Aren't there any Galatasaray fans here? Looking like a second title in a row is happening, I'd except fans to be making some noise. If it was Fener in such a position I'd never shut up about it haha.

Emrecan_58 5 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

There were a few before but they're not much active anymore. They don't deserve the title like this anyway but seems like everything is favoring them to win it.

TerrestrialDolphin 5 years ago
Fenerbahce, Sweden 0 15

Yeah today was ridiculous based on highlights, I didn't watch the match though. Saw you said they've had referees on their side the past few matches too. I wonder what that's about, doesn't seem fair.

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Emrecan_58

How has Karius been at Besiktas? And why is Senul coaching both Besitkas and Turkey? That's kind of weird tbh. I think Besiktas fans hate him either way, I saw a game earlier this season Besitkas were 3 0 up to Fenerbahce, then they ended up drawing 3 3. Some players like Quaresma, Medel and Roco also got a lot of criticism.

I think that Galatasaray will take the league, honestly their game vs Basaksehir will be big.

Besiktas 149 3375

@amir_keal Missed your comment man.Şenol is coaching because he bailed on us. He was awful lately anyway. Then he decided to stay also while coaching Turkey. That was unfair to Beşiktaş. Karius hasn't been the best to be honest. At first, we tried to send him back but than he got his form back. Right now above average.

In an hour, Gs vs Başakşehir will be played. Whoever wins gets the title. In case of a draw, it will be decided at the last week.

• History

@amir_keal Missed your comment man.Şenol is coaching because he bailed on us. He was awful lately anyway. Then he decided to stay also while coaching Turkey. That was unfair to Beşiktaş. Karius hasn't been the best to be honest. At first, we tried to send him back but than he got his form back. Right now above average.\
In an hour, Gs vs Başakşehir will be played. Whoever wins gets the title 90%. In case of a draw, it will be decided at the last week.

@amir_keal Missed your comment man.Şenol is coaching because he bailed on us. He was awful lately anyway. Then he decided to stay also while coaching Turkey. That was unfair to Beşiktaş. Karius hasn't been the best to be honest. At first, we tried to send him back but than he got his form back. Right now above average.

In an hour, Gs vs Başakşehir will be played. Whoever wins gets the title 90%. In case of a draw, it will be decided at the last week.

Besiktas 149 3375

Galatasaray won it. Not that I care lol. All of the teams were sh↑t this year in Turkey, except Trabzonspor youngsters.

• History

Galatasaray won it. Not that I care lol. Every team was shit in Turkey this year except Trabzonspor youngsters.

Galatasaray won it. Not that I care lol. Every team was sh↑t in Turkey this year except Trabzonspor youngsters.