Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Trezequet to India (ISL). Waaaaaat?
tuan_jinn 10 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Trezequet (36), the former Juventus and Monaco star has decided to join Robert Pires (41 years old French prolific super star) to play in India Super League. Trezequet will play for Pune City.

ISL has 8 teams... and just started last year 2013.

Ok 3 things strike me badly:

- India is not a football country, Im not talking about ranking, Im talking about fans. Countries like Thailan, Vietnam, Singapore, they love football. Not India.
- May be it's the purpose to draw attention toward football like USA did, but comon, it's India, kinda-only-wonderful-to-travel, I meant travel IMO.
- 1 year to experience life and work... ok this makes sense. He can easily shine in MLS though

Ok, just my opinion (may be I am biased because the news I read of what happening overthere). I used to like him and I want him to be in bigger league

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Trezequet (36), the former Juventus and Monaco star has decided to join Robert Pires (41 years old French prolific super star) to play in India Super League. Trezequet will play for Pune City.

- India is not a football country, Im not talking about ranking, Im talking about fans. Countries like Thailan, Vietnam, Singapore, they love football. Not India.
- May be it's the purpose to draw attention toward football like USA did, but comon, it's India, kinda-only-wonderful-to-travel, I meant travel IMO.
- 1 year to experience life and work... ok this makes sense. He can easily shine in MLS though

Ok, just my opinion (may be I am biased because the news I read of what happening overthere).

Ok, just my opinion (may be I am biased because the news I read of what happening overthere).

Comments
quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Wow, he should went to New York. Henry & Trezeguet would be deadly again!
Played for Monaco before it was cool.

koldimere 10 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

I believe Hockey is the national sport over there but quite ironically cricket is the most popular (which btw is like baseball in the fact that it is one of the most boring piece of p.i.s.s I have ever watched in my life...)

decentK 10 years ago Edited
Arsenal 38 2896

I personally think it's quite cool. But I agree, somewhere like Thailand the impact would be even bigger, because there are more football fans. I guess they will get paid really well.

Anyways here is little list of players I know that are going to play in India premier league:

• Capdevila
  • Pires
  • Ljungberg
  • Luis Garcia
  • David James
  • Mikael Silvestre
  • Hernan Crespo
  • Trezeguet
  • History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I personally think it's quite cool. But I agree, somewhere like Thailand the impact would be even bigger, because there are more football fans. I guess they will get paid really well.

Anyways here is little list I know of players that are going to play in India premier league:

• Capdevila
  • Pires
  • Ljungberg
  • Luis Garcia
  • David James
  • Mikael Silvestre
  • Hernan Crespo

Anyways here is little list of players I know that are going to play in India premier league:

• Capdevila
  • Pires
  • Ljungberg
  • Luis Garcia
  • David James
  • Mikael Silvestre
  • Hernan Crespo
tuan_jinn 10 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Yeah, it's just personal preference, I can't watch cricket either... incredibly boring to me too.

Uhmn... India in general is poor and quite unstable, if it's for good, its great...would be cool if football can get more famous there, I hope at least...

@decentK: I didn't know Crespo would play there too...

shpalman 10 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

the club owners are Della Valle, ACF Fiorentina owners lol, didn't expect that.