Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Tottenham and AVB
koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

I don't even know if this story is true (and they may be my rivals) but what is Villas Boas doing putting VDV, Lennon and Parker up for sale? Have they become fringe players now so quickly? And Gooners should we think about Lennon as a possible transfer for Walcott should he leave?

Source: 
<http://www.soccerway.com/news/2012/August/29/report-spurs-put-experienced-trio-up-for-sale/>
<http://www.soccernews.com/report-spurs-put-experienced-trio-up-for-sale/101489/

Comments
Dynastian98 12 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I don't think selling Lennon will put Tottenham at a disadvantage, but really? Van Der Vaart and Parker? What have you been smoking AVB?

koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

Exactly. Parker was an important figure as far I remember last season. Spurs depended on him. 

Jimskeleton 12 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

Lennon is quick and that is all really, can occasionally come up with a moment of brilliance but very rarely, losing him won't matter.

VDV all be it great player, can score lots of goals and great goals, refuses to defend in any way, was slightly injury prone last season and can't really play 90mins, he will be a loss for sure but I think Sigurdsson can do his job just as well.

Parker I can see why he might want rid, he is expecting Livermore or Sandro to do his job, but I don't think either are ready and letting Parker go would be a huge mistake, you need some experience in your team.

I know there are rumours still over AVB wanting Moutinho, and we are in contract talks with Dembele, so it does make some sense to remove some players, just not sure he is picking the right ones, especially when we still have the likes of Bentley and Jenas at the club who in my opinion are trash and I wish they would just go.

ChelseaRox10 12 years ago
Chelsea, England U19 142 979

He has just bought Moussa Dembele from fulham

Jimskeleton 12 years ago

Yeah 15m, only time will tell if that is a bargain or a waste of money, he done well at Fulham but will have to see if he can make a slight step up.

neshwar 12 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 8 567

jim, dembele is definately worth all 15m, we juz missed out on a gr8 player. as for vdv is integral part of spurs team, his understanding between adebayor is impeccable, y avb wanna break tat up? lennon? seriously? him n bale are the only 2 real wingers spurs hv y wanna sell them?

GunnerGo 12 years ago
Arsenal, Venezuela 13 345

Wow AVB is doing it again right? Like Jim talked about Lennon we might think that he can be the replacement of Walcott, but the thing is that they are a bit different kind of players, yeah Lennon and Walcott are fast-pace players, but in my humble opinion i think that Walcott is a bit more better player than Lennon, so no i don't think that buying hi would be a good idea.
It's not a surprise for me that AVB wants to sell Van Der Vaart and Parker, he wanted to do the same at Chelsea, you know selling the "older" players, i am talking this way because i don't that VDV and Parker are that old and they are from the best that Spurs have right now. In general matters i think that he wn't sell Parker at all, but for VDV i have my doubts, when AVB signed for Spurs something told me that VDV is gonna have a bad time.

And really a good signing Dembele, looking forward to the derby eh? @Jimskeleton

Jimskeleton 12 years ago

Ever since AVB signed there were rumours about VDV going back to Germany so I'm not shocked that there are rumours he has been transfer listed.

@Gunner, If Dembele plays like he did at Fulham and can fit in quick he should be a good signing, the Derby could be interesting, lol, both teams have a fair few new players, both have and could still lose a few players so fuck knows what will happen this season :P

expertfootball11 12 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Tottenham didn't impress me that much. Resposibilities are huge for AVB. He need to get used to this, I fully understand this.

expertfootball11 12 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

AVB has to make the right decisions, which is not the case atm.

Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

@Jim, trust me, Dembele is worth the price. I actually think it's a big steal from Fulham. Did you see him against Manchester United the other day? He was splendid, along with his other few games. I have mentioned "few games", because I think all he needs to work on is his consistency, then he'll be a great player for sure.