Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Top 50 best coaches in the world :
tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

A poll with 33 different football journalists has given that ranking, Some may look fait other choices really odd here is the result.
enter image description here

What do you think about the rankings ?
Lets give your Top 5 or 10 so we could make FR ranking.

Comments
raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

You claim its stupid, I urge you to watch Spain and Germany before Pep's influence over Barca and Bayern. You'll notice it immediately and if you don't either you don't comprehend tactics or just wont admit it. Talented generation gets you no where if you don't have the right coach with he right tactics.

Barcelona 2004-07 was hardly as formidable as the Peps era Barca. They were good but very flawed. Pep was the Barca B coach before taking over and he coached many of the players he promoted (Busquets, Pedro, Bojan etc). Pep did not inherit a great system at all. He brought his own philosophy of how possession should be played. You really struggle to see just simple tactics man..

If my claim holds little water, what about yours? What had Spain and Germany won before the given periods? And would any manager (with the exception of Ranieri last season) win anything seriously major with an average team? Would Conte, Zidane, Mou or anyone take a seriously average team to CL glory? Really doubt it.

The fact is that every manager builds on those who came before. Zidane on benitez and Carlos work. Enrique on Peps. Every now and then a manager will come and forge his own. Pep at barca and now Conte at Chelsea are examples. They change the whole league. International coaches have to rely on what club coaches are doing. If they are having a successful formula why modify it? Del Bosque did little to change Peps style. Same as Low.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Raimondo90 Benitez did very little work though with Real Madrid, not insulting him or anything (I actually consider him one of the top 25 manager in the world and I can't wait to see what he will achieve next season with Newcastle) but I seriously doubt he was able to change much in Ancelotti system in only six month. Still think he could have achieve better thing if he would have been able to motivate his player. :(

I kinda agree with you on the part about international team doing better when their domestic league is thriving, even more if many of a team player come from a specific team who are successful as a whole. I mean, after all, if player from a single team are all performing well, then it mean there it more chance they are chose to play for their national team and the chemistry in itself will be a nice bonus. :)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Raimondo90 Benitez did very little work though with Real Madrid, not insulting him or anything (I actually consider him one of the top 25 manager in the world and I can't wait to see what he will achieve next season with Newcastle) but I seriously doubt he was able to change much in Ancelotti system in only six month. Still think he could have achieve better thing if he would have been able to motivate his player. :( I kinda agree with you on the part about international team doing better when their domestic league is thriving, even more if many of a team player come from a specific team who are successful as a whole. I mean, after all, if player from a single team are all performing well, then it mean there it more chance they are chose to play for their national team and the chemistry in itself will be a nice bonus. :)

tiki_taka 7 years ago

@Rai Man dont waste your time.
Anyway here is my top 5 :

1- Carlo
2- Simeone
3- Pep
4- Klopp
5- Mourinho

Not based on results nor stats or style of play,longevity... its a whole and preference is subjective so there is no need to go serious...

Golazo111 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

You claim its stupid, I urge you to watch Spain and Germany before Pep's influence over Barca and Bayern. You'll notice it immediately and if you don't either you don't comprehend tactics or just wont admit it. Talented generation gets you no where if you don't have the right coach with he right tactics.

Pep didn't have anything to do with Spain winning and even less with Germany winning, stop being a blind fanboy it hurts to read your stupid comments. Accoring to your logic England will win the World Cup next year only because Pep is a coach there :D

• History

Pep didn't have anything to do with Spain winning and even less with Germany winning, stop being a blind fanboy it hurts to read your stupid comments.

Phenohyte 7 years ago
3 122

@raimondo90 Even if your argument is valid, it does not matter. You can't take that into account, when comparing these managers. Only thing which matters is what they achieved with their respective teams.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Pep didn't have anything to do with Spain winning and even less with Germany winning

He contributed almost nothing to Germany, but Spain benefited from his tactics. Del Bosque basically used Pep's tactics to win himself a World Cup and a EURO.

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696
  1. Ancelotti
  2. Simeone
  3. Mourinho
  4. Conte
  5. Me on FIFA Career Mode
Golazo111 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

He contributed almost nothing to Germany, but Spain benefited from his tactics. Del Bosque basically used Pep's tactics to win himself a World Cup and a EURO.

Not true, Del Bosque did his own job and Luis Aragonés stamps were still in the team 2012 when Spain defended their title, the only thing similar to Barcelona at a specific time of the Euro Cup was the fact that Spain played without a standard striker, which they had 2008 in el Nino Torres but the playstyle of the through balls and letting the opposition to mark high-up in the field was the same, in the 1:0 win over Germany it was a typical through ball that lead to the goal, in 2012 win over Italy of 4:0 at least 3 goals were also a result from the through balls when the enemy defence was very high up the pitch.

It's about the Spanish football school, not about Pep Guardiola, he was just at the right place at the right time, just like Frank Rijkaard that did nothing after leaving Barcelona, but not many people know that it was actually Miroslav Antic that changed the system of Barcelona after whole stadium wished good bye to Louis van Gaal and his failed system, Antic gave the chance to Iniesta and Valdés and Rijkaard took the glory that he didn't deserve.

Pep took the great squad that was in it's peak, but he did a great job. I think as far as possesion football goes he knows how to establish a system and he is ahead of some top coaches right now, he is better than Zidane if you ask me for example even if his current team Manchester City lost in Champions League and isn't going to win the PL.
But I don't think he contributed to Germany winning the World Cup, and Spain did have lets say most of his players when they won the World Cup but he can't take the credits like he won the World Cup or his tactics, that open a window for people to wonder how come England didn't win the World Cup when Sir Alex Ferguson was leading some of the best english players, other people do their own job as well.

But the master mind was much years back, Antic that trained Atletico Madrid,Real Madrid and Barcelona, one of the two people that coached both Barcelona and Real Madrid, in fact Antic led Real Madrid his first season around 20 games and Real had 7 points ahead of Barcelona and he got sacked, Real later lost the title in the last round, Diego Simeone played for him in Atletico Madrid when in his first season Atletico Mardid won both La Liga and Copa Del Rey where Atletico consided 32 goals in 42 games, that team of Atletico a season before was fighting to stay in La Liga and next they won 2 titles.

Why do you think that Simeone today doesn't concide as many goals, this season Simeone's team didn't let a goal in 19 games, they concide THE LOWEST amount of goals in La Liga, 0.71 per game, Real Madrid 1.15 goals in average meaning everyone scores vs them and Barcelona? 0.94 in average per game, ANTIC SET THAT SYSTEM and he trained and thought Diego Simeone.

• History

Not true, Del Bosque did his own job just like he did with Brazil 2002 and Luis Aragonés stamps were still in the team 2012 when Spain defended their title, the only thing similar to Barcelona at a specific time of the Euro Cup was the fact that Spain played without a standard striker, which they had 2008 in el Nino Torres but the playstyle of the through balls and letting the opposition to mark high-up in the field was the same, in the 1:0 win over Germany it was a typical through ball that lead to the goal, in 2012 win over Italy of 4:0 at least 3 goals were also a result from the through balls when the enemy defence was very high up the pitch.

It's about the Spanish football school, not about Pep Guardiola, he was just at the right place at the right time, just like Frank Rijkaard that did nothing after leaving Barcelona, but not many people know that it was actually Miroslav Antic that changed the system of Barcelona after whole stadium wished good bye to Louis van Gaal and his failed system, Antic gave the chance to Iniesta and Valdés and Rijkaard took the glory that he didn't deserve.

Pep took the great squad that was in it's peak.

But the master mind was much years back, Antic that trained Atletico Madrid,Real Madrid and Barcelona, one of the two people that coached both Barcelona and Real Madrid, in fact Antic led Real Madrid his first season around 20 games and Real had 7 points ahead of Barcelona and he got sacked, Real later lost the title in the last round, Diego Simeone played for him in Atletico Madrid when in his first season Atletico Mardid won both La Liga and Copa Del Rey where Atletico consided 32 goals in 42 games, that team of Atletico a season before was fighting to stay in La Liga and next they won 2 titles.

Why do you think that Simeone today doesn't concide as many goals, this season Simeone's team didn't let a goal in 19 games, they concide THE LOWEST amount of goals in La Liga, 0.71 per game, Real Madrid 1.15 goals in average meaning everyone scores vs them and Barcelona? 0.94 in average per game, ANTIC SET THAT SYSTEM and he trained and thought Diego Simeone.

Not true, Del Bosque did his own job and Luis Aragonés stamps were still in the team 2012 when Spain defended their title, the only thing similar to Barcelona at a specific time of the Euro Cup was the fact that Spain played without a standard striker, which they had 2008 in el Nino Torres but the playstyle of the through balls and letting the opposition to mark high-up in the field was the same, in the 1:0 win over Germany it was a typical through ball that lead to the goal, in 2012 win over Italy of 4:0 at least 3 goals were also a result from the through balls when the enemy defence was very high up the pitch.

Pep took the great squad that was in it's peak.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

People today connect Juventus and their men that were lead by Marcello Lippi, the same way you can connect the people and systems that Antic lead as well:

Video of Juve:

OnceABlueAlwaysABlue 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 5 211
  1. Conte
  2. Zidane
  3. Pochettino
  4. Ancelotti
  5. Simeone
  6. Allegri
  7. Mourinho
  8. Guardiola
  9. Jardim
  10. Low
_Gonzi_ 7 years ago Edited
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

bielsa should be first. anyone who understands football would agree. he's the reason pep guardiola and simeone know what they're doing

• History

bielsa should be first. anyone who understands football would agree. he's the reason pep guardiola and simoene know what they're doing

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Gonzi

bielsa should be first. anyone who understands football would agree

Why? We are in 2017. Why do you your own manager Allegri is so high.

tiki_taka 7 years ago

@gonzi Problem of El loco is that he is loco :D his atitude at times is just madness haha. But yeah he is a genius and has nothing to prove in term of trainings and tactics...
With Jardim, those are the underrated ones for me. I've said it in the first comment.

tiki_taka 7 years ago

Well dynast I agree with both of your points, but let's give to Cesar what belongs to Cesar.
Philipp Lahm : he was the first to play him as a midfielder and it proved to be vital for Germany. Building from the back, Neuer being first assister, the role of Muller, the possession football and the short passes combinations...

Im against the idea of taking credit from Low and Del Bosque, but the print of Peps style is there in both nations maybe at different percentages...

Anyway won't go far in that reasoning somehow the discussion will turn about pro Pep and anti Pep fights dragged by same people again and again.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Ancelotti
Simeone
Mourinho
Conte
Me on FIFA Career Mode

Breathed out through my nose harder than usual +1

rayrex7 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

1-Simeone
2-Carlo
3-Mourinho
4-Pep
5-Zidane
6-Conte
7-Enrique
8-Pochettino
9-Fernando Santos
10-Allergi

The only reason I rate Pep and Mou so high is because of their experience an history, Zidane has done extremely well so far using the squad with the addition of an aging Ronaldo, lazy Benzema and a fragile Bale. Without those 3, on paper the rest of the squad is no better than Juventus or city or United. Plus he hast bought any player last year. Only thing lacking is that can he control this momentum for a long period. Can he work under pressure times like now. If he manages to win la liga, He is every right to be on the top 3, and if he wins la liga and UCL, than I don't see why he shouldn't be number one on the list.

Enrique is clearly underrated. winning 8 trophies within 3 years, and maybe 2 more. Though MSN did play a huge role in it, it still doesnt deny that he had influence as well, this year was mostly due to the fact of less motivation in the players and bad squad rotation, still doesnt deny that he is doing great. Carlo went trophyless in his second year in Real.

Mourinho has an expiry limit of 3 years for any team. Pep's success was also helped with the huge role from Messi-Xavi-Iniesta. He didnt win the UCL with Bayern even though facing 3 la liga teams who he is quite familiar with. If Enrique just somehow took whats left from Pep, than Pep should've easily know how to counter it, yet he still got beaten badly, even with one of the or the best squads ever assembled. Now with City, he is barely keeping up in the top 5 positions.

Pochettino is a guy I respect and admire. He has made a foridable squad with Spurs who are once again fighting for the title rather than aUCL spot, with only 4 points behind Chelsea. They may perform badly in European Competitions but thats due to the lack of experience, like their entire squad is below 25. They just need to improve in squad deoth and maybe in a year or 2, they could be a strong contender for the UCL and even winning it. All in all, a good coach and make any team adapt to his playing styles, a better coach can adapt to any style and get the best out of his team.

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

It would be interesting to see how Zidane goes in the Premier League, but I wouldn't say that he's been lucky to inherit a strong squad. Seeing what Moyes has done to inherit our title winning squad, a manager's impact in any club is huge, no matter how big that club is.

Then again, I rate a manager highly who was able to build a strong squad from scratch, so I'd pick Pochettino in my top 5 atm. Eddie Howe and Sean Dyche are also formidable managers too with the limited resources they had and were still able to sustain their positions in the table, but after watching the PL for as long as I can remember, there are mid-table managers and top-tabled managers, so I probably couldn't pick them at the end anyway but give them respect.

• History

It would be interesting to see how Zidane goes in the Premier League, but I wouldn't say that he's been lucky to inherit a strong squad. Seeing what Moyes has done to inherit our title winning squad, a manager's impact in any club is huge, no matter how big that club is.

But then again, I rate a manager highly who was able to build a strong squad from scratch, so I'd pick Pochettino in my top 5 atm. Eddie Howe and Sean Dyche are also formidable managers too with the limited they had and were still able to sustain their positions in the table.

Then again, I rate a manager highly who was able to build a strong squad from scratch, so I'd pick Pochettino in my top 5 atm. Eddie Howe and Sean Dyche are also formidable managers too with the limited resources they had and were still able to sustain their positions in the table, but after watching the PL for as long as I can remember, there are mid-table managers and top-top tables, so I probably couldn't pick them at the end anyway but give them respect.