Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Top 10 "Rookies" of the 2016/2017 Football Season
alferroa 7 years ago
Liverpool, Indonesia 63 178

enter image description here

Here are the top 10 rookies of the 16/17 season according to the Bleacher Report (Snapchat/Sam Tighe):

10. Tom Davies (CM) – Everton
9. Andre Onana (GK) – Ajax
8. Kai Havertz (CAM) – Bayer Leverkusen
7. Matthijs De Ligt (CB) – Ajax
6. Malang Sarr (CB) – Nice
5. Christian Pulisic (Wing/CAM) – Borussia Dortmund
4. Kasper Dolberg (ST) – Ajax
3. Moussa Dembele (ST) – Celtic
2. Theo Hernández (LB) – Atlético Madrid
1. Kylian Mbappe (ST) – AS Monaco

What do you think? Are there any other names worthy of being on that list?

Comments
Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

What is defined as a "rookie" in football? This is the first time I've heard that term applied to this sport.

Bloody Americans starting to use their own terms instead of the typical British, Spanish, or Italian ones. This is why I don't listen to American commentating.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

In America, you generally aren't allowed to go pro until you've finished with "amateur" college sports. Therefore rookie is a very useful term that nevertheless literally cannot apply to worldwide soccer. So, yeah.

alferroa 7 years ago

@Dynastian98 Well, as seen by the people on that list, I assume it's a list of people that basically just "started" or plays regular first team football this season

alferroa 7 years ago

@SunFlash yeah correct, but like I can't find any other word/terms that define those kinds of players in football... hence rookie

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Rookie : first season. Doesn't specially have a relationship with age but in fact most of rookies are youngsters, Kimpembe and jean Kevin Augustin ( PSG ) are also under 19 but I think it's their second professional season despite not having playing time last year, reason why they don't belong the that category...

Nice job by BR as usual.

alferroa 7 years ago

@tiki_taka Reason why I didn't put "first season" in the title is that technically, this season is not some of the players first season, some had already started for their team last season for just a little bit, such as Mbapppe who made a couple of subs for Monaco or Tom Davies who started for Everton in the last game of the season + subs in games, etc. But yeah, fair point.