Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Toni Kroos Says Messi "Does Not Belong In The Top Three" Of The Best Awards
ForeverBayern 3 years ago
Bayern Munich, Germany 44 593

Toni Kroos‘ podcast with his brother Felix is turning into a gold mine of anecdote and humour as explained by Diario AS.

The Real Madrid midfielder has used it, alongside his intelligent social media use, as a platform to showcase his sharp wit and broadcast some of his closely-held opinions.

The recent episode was no exception. Kroos supported Robert Lewandowski‘s victory in Fifa’s The Best awards while pointing out that Lionel Messi shouldn’t have made the podium. He also lamented the short-term thinking that dominates modern football.

On the latter, he was clear. “You win the Champions League one, two, three times in a row and four weeks later you lose the first friendly, the first test match, and s*** smells again,” he said.

On The Best awards, the 30 year-old was clear and unequivocal in his analysis. “Lewandowski deserves it, absolutely,” he said. “But for me, Messi does not belong in the top three. I don’t think he did well this year.”

Kroos’ appearances on the podcast have caused controversy, like when he criticised players like Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang recently for their choreographed goal celebrations.

On the pitch, however, the German is in undoubtedly fine fettle. He’s formed part of an experienced midfield trident alongside Luka Modric and Casemiro that looks revitalised in recent weeks and has been pivotal in restoring Los Blancos’ good form.

Madrid play their final home game of the season this evening, hosting high-flying Granada at Valdebebas in the hunt for their fifth consecutive league win.