Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Timo Werner vs The Corner Flag
Lacoste 3 years ago Edited
Liverpool, England 32 563

Enduring one of the most appalling periods of his footballing career, Timo Werner’s abysmal form continued against City. The striker was not at his usual self yet again, failing to control the ball and run with it at his feet along with persistently finding himself out of Chelsea’s attacks.

Unfortunately for him, his sorry form infront of goal wasn’t the only problem for the striker on the day. In a horrifically embarrassing moment for the Chelsea man, Werner ended up injuring himself while taking a corner for the club.

Timo Werner Kicking the Corner Flag

Deciding to pass the ball short to Mason Mount from the corner, Werner failed to get even that right. His pass saw him thud his foot into the corner flag with the player eventually left grimacing after making contact.

The hilarious 88th minute incident perfectly typified Werner’s recent plight at the club. After initially fathoming four goals and three assists, he’s now gone 12 matches without a goal for Chelsea, a decline in form which has massively hurt the club.

Werner’s wayward form meant Chelsea were yet again lacklustre infront of goal on the day. While the side did manage to hit one towards the tailend of their fixture as Havertz and Callum Hudson-Odoi combined for a neat strike, it meant little in the large scheme of things.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Enduring one of the most appalling periods of his footballing career, Timo Werner’s abysmal form continued against City. The striker was not at his usual self yet again, failing to control the ball and run with it at his feet along with persistently finding himself out of Chelsea’s attacks.

Unfortunately for him, his sorry form infront of goal wasn’t the only problem for the striker on the day. In a horrifically embarrassing moment for the Chelsea man, Werner ended up injuring himself while taking a corner for the club.

Timo Werner Kicking the Corner Flag

Deciding to pass the ball short to Mason Mount from the corner, Werner failed to get even that right. His pass saw him thud his foot into the corner flag with the player eventually left grimacing after making contact.

The hilarious 88th minute incident perfectly typified Werner’s recent plight at the club. After initially fathoming four goals and three assists, he’s now gone 12 matches without a goal for Chelsea, a decline in form which has massively hurt the club.

Werner’s wayward form meant Chelsea were yet again lacklustre infront of goal on the day. While the side did manage to hit one towards the tailend of their fixture as Havertz and Callum Hudson-Odoi combined for a neat strike, it meant little in the large scheme of things.

Comments
Footy_watch 3 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

• History

Still better than auba

DarthFooty 3 years ago Edited
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

Every player will go through a slump. Bad days will surely happen, but it's a total mental disposition that helps you overcome them. Of course, support around you helps from the staff, teammates, and family, but today's world with social media the way it is, makes it all that much harder to push through it.

Clive Charles once told me to try and make my worst day someone else's best day. Find a high level of consistency and make my off day compare to someone else's better day. That always stuck with me be it on the pitch or in an office.

Werner will be fine if he can breakthrough in his head first!

• History

Every player will go through a slump. Bad days will surely happen, but it's a total mental disposition that helps you overcome them. Of course, support around you helps from the staff, teammates, and family, but today's world with social media the way it is, makes it all that much harder to push through it.

Clive Charles once told me to try and make my worst day someone else's best day. Find a high level of consistency and make my off day compare to someone else's better day. That always stuck with me be it on the pitch or in an office.

Werber will be fine if he can breakthrough in his head first!

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

I wouldn't be too harsh on Werner, he certainly haven't been terrible for Chelsea this season, its just thats the whole team is a in bad moment right now. If they manage to find some confidence soon, I'm sure the whole team, Werner as well, will be much more effective.

DarthFooty 3 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

My only critique of Werner is that he needs to play as that lone striker. He is not high enough, nor pushes into the six yard box enough to be that true body in the mix. Chelsea need to have their wingers have room to move and create so they can play a ball into that spot with a target there. Why do you think Giroud gets some many goals?

He is dropping too deep and crowding space all while not being in that target spot for the tap ins or challenges on balls played in the area.

He will find his form. Chelsea is a young team still, lots of room to grow.

Gennady 3 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

I honestly expected more from Werner when I heard the news of his Chelsea transfer. Some players are just not meant for the Premier League.

expertfootball11 3 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Is it because of the rules Lampard put to the players (remember that last post ?) xD

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

@Gennady Thats a bit harsh, I mean, I think he hasn't bee too bad, Pulisic and Havertz for me has been a bit worse this season. Also, you musn't forget that this season format is a bit weird because of the covid break of last season. All in all, I propose we judge him more seriously at his second season to see if he suceeded to adapt.

@expertfootball Lol, but seriously, I doubt it is. I mean, it could if it made player too tense but I really don't think that the main problem. For me, right now, what Chelsea is lacking is confidence.

tuan_jinn 3 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Poor guy on a bad day.

It's true that he hasn't delivered as expected (not scoring goals as much, and appears to be wasteful sometimes, blew up a couple of sisters). But he's not that bad, he's always a constant thread whenever I watch him plays.

I dont hope he gets better for the sake of MU though lolll