Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

thoughts on kepa?
bluezz 5 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

i cant believe we have downgraded so much, from cudicini cech courtois to this guy... to make it worse, he is the most expensive goalkeeper in the history. HE DOES NOT EVEN FUCKING DIVE SOMETIMES. you guys might think i dont like him after what he did in the league cup final but nope, i dont really care about that, i even thought everyone were overreacting to that situation. i dislike him purely because he is a shit keeper. one of the bottom 10 keepers in the league

Comments
raimondo90 5 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Being Chelsea I would have spent more and gone for Oblak honestly. I know the price tag is mainly because he is young and has potential but right now he's not a 70mil keeper.

bluezz 5 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

yep same for me oblak is the best in the world right now, i even knew that he'd be the only one who could replace courtois

Hekasi 5 years ago
Chelsea, England 7 764

Yeah I feel the same and I have noticed so many times his had are not that strong he has let in so many goals even though he touched the ball because of not strong hand. He is still young so hope he will improve as time goes.

SarriBall 5 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

what

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

I agree he is not ready for the level of football he is playing at, he is clearly talented but maturity and experience is one of the best asset of a keeper, guess what, he is lacking in both. Sad to say but he is propably the weakest keeper in the top six. :(

Gotta agree with Raimondo that for this price, they should have paid a bit more to get Oblak.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

@SarriBall I think what Hekasi meant to say is that sometime, he touch the ball but its still goes in the goal. I agree thats really annoying when a keeper does that. I can't alway be helped but most of the pro keeper manage to keep the ball out if they touch it. :(

SarriBall 5 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

What are you talking about I think this is a troll lol :D The guy has 12 clean sheets on his first season in the EPL while having one of the worst defense, what do you want him to do more than that? I honestly wouldn't replace him with anyone at the moment, and he is better than Courtois. He even made way less mistakes than the so considered the best GKs in the league like Alisson, Ederson & De Gea. On the plus side, he is also a coach. So, no, thank you.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

thoughts on him being a goalkeeper or a manager?

bluezz 5 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

to everyone who's said give him time, yeap thats what we have to do, but honestly i dont see this guy improving

@sarriball so let me get this straight, we have 12 clean sheets but we also have one of the worst defence? why is it that when its a clean sheet, its down to kepa but when its not, its cos of our defence? kepa having 12 cs is only because most of the games we have like 70% pointless possession kepa doesnt even need to do anything, but when we need him the most, he concedes

bluezz 5 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

@quikzyyy as i said mate, that incident really doesnt bother me lol

SarriBall 5 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

Well it's your opinion lol but tbh it's a total nonsense.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I think that was kinda turning point on him tho, from the beginning he started really well, then kinda fell. But to be said, Chelsea defence is pretty meh (I know that feel) and the performances weren't best. So I wouldn't really judge him, that much. Yeah, there certainly were some goals where he could have tried. I wouldn't say he's a **** keeper, but certainly not worth the price tag, yet. He's still young and he can learn...

As @raimondo said, Oblak would have been a better option, but he would cost 100M, which probably wasn't in your budget.

legends16 5 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

I agree, I would have liked to have got Oblak or Alisson, but I still think kepa is a good keeper with plenty of potential. It seems to me as though he has excellent reactions, even if he does spill the ball a lot. Also, he will improve...remember what De Gea was like starting out at United.

Also, regarding whether he is the worst in top 6, I would definitely say that Lloris is worse, and I haven't seen enough of Leno to know how he compares.

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

He is not worth the record ammount that Chelsea paid for him currently.

Eden17Hazard17 5 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Oblak had a 90/100m or so release clause.

70m for Kepa on a seven-year contract will look like good business in a couple of years. He'll get better and prices are only going to keep increasing anyway. Just give it time.

JozeV2 5 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

Meh he is overpriced but not that bad either. Kinda disappointed tho!

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Downgrade to Courtois, but one for the future. Seems to be improving right now, we can judge properly his progress sometime next seaason imo.

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Overpriced ? Yes very overpriced while Cillissen was looking for a club. He is promising but nowheôear the 100m price tag. Should be cheaper than Courtois. Barca bought 21 yo Ter Stegen 12 mil while he was proving his worth in Bundesliga. Keppa wasnt even known in la liga, panic buy imo.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

When Kepa starts doing at least half of these sort of saves then I will say ok it was worth the value we paid due to inflated market. Otherwise, even in inflated market I feel like we have been robbed once again.

bluezz 5 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

@tiki ter stegen was always known to be the next neur, i dont even know how barca got him for so less, and you're right kepa should be lesser than courtois but fucking hell we sold courtois for absolute peanuts.. was the best keeper in the world cup as well...

@marcus mate dont remind me, this guy is an absolute legend, we're so lucky we got that "spine" playing together for us. we keep getting robbed by spanish teams recently ffs, bought morata, kovacic, kepa, sold courtois for peanuts and now real madrid would prolly get hazard for 10 million lmao