Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Thoughts on CB's for Wenger to bring to Arsenal, should Arsenal recall Jenkinson from loan? January window
offutteric 10 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Canada 2 58

Papasthatopolis or w.e his name is doesn't appear to be on the way to The Emirates and neither does Nastasic, despite both players being hard pressed for time once Ginter comes in to play more for Dortmund and it appears Mangala will be the one to provide cover for Kompany and Demichelis and NOT Nastasic. Bellerin should be able to cover for small games atm but I'm worried if Hayden comes in that it could be disastrous. I'm sure I'm not alone in this thinking, and pray to the soccer gods that Kos/Mert stay healthy again this year if you're an Arsenal fan cuz there's no Vermaelen off the bench anymore. I think Arsenal will be fine, but it will be trouble if we have to start deploying Flamini or Diaby as every day RBs if Bellerin or Chambers were to now go down. Any ideas on CB's (and none of this free agent garb) that could help Arsenal in January?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Papasthatopolis or w.e his name is doesn't appear to be on the way and neither does nastasic despite both players being hard pressed for time once players come back from inury and once ginger comes in to play more for dortmund. Any ideas on CB's (and none of this free agent garb) that could help us in January? Bellerin should be able to cover for small games atm but I'm worried if Hayden comes in that it could be disastrous. I'm sure I'm not alone in this thinking, and pray to the soccer gods that Kos/Mert stay healthy again this year if you're an Arsenal fan cuz there's no Vermaelen off the bench anymore. I think we will be fine it will be trouble if we have to start deploying flaming or diary as an every day RB if Bellerin or Chambers were to now go down.

Papasthatopolis or w.e his name is doesn't appear to be on the way and neither does nastasic despite both players being hard pressed for time once players come back from inury and once Ginter comes in to play more for dortmund. Any ideas on CB's (and none of this free agent garb) that could help us in January? Bellerin should be able to cover for small games atm but I'm worried if Hayden comes in that it could be disastrous. I'm sure I'm not alone in this thinking, and pray to the soccer gods that Kos/Mert stay healthy again this year if you're an Arsenal fan cuz there's no Vermaelen off the bench anymore. I think we will be fine it will be trouble if we have to start deploying flaming or diary as an every day RB if Bellerin or Chambers were to now go down.

Comments
quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Mertesacker is even slower this season, why we sold Vermaelen? He's much better than Mertesacker.

CroatiaFan123 10 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

Agree with @quikzyyy I miss Verminator!

KingHenry 10 years ago Edited
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@quikzyyy mertesacker koscielny has been super solid for 1 season and a half, but per really is off form right now. When he's on form Mertesacker is much better than vermaelen. That's why vermaelen was riding the bench

our defensive situation is pretty bad. We really needed cover. Nacho is our 4th choice CB, and bellerin our 2nd choice RB. And our 4rd choice CB is our starter at RB. If Bellerin can step up, and tbh I was pleasently surprised by his game at dortmund, we might be fine.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@quikzyyy mertesacker koscielny has been super solid for 1 season and a half, but per really is off form right now. When he's on form Mertesacker is much better than vermaelen. That's why vermaelen was riding the bench

Jimbet 10 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

@Kinghenry

Bellerin played badly during the BVB game. when he lose the ball, he's a bit lazy to go for his defensive duties. that led to merts to go cover for him. he was good during pre season with benfica. but not at Signal Iduna Park. wenger should've bought a DM + CB. sigh.

Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Give Bellerin time. He has potential, but Wenger could think of free transfers as well.

tuan_jinn 10 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Wenger is aiming for 3 possible free transfer to fix this crisis (now they have only 3 true defenders and 1 youngster). The 3 free/unemployed are: Yobio, Lugano and Lass Diarra.

SERIOUSLY?

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@tuan jinn not seriously no. The only reason why we would get in free transfers would be to get them now, and fix the situation before the january window. Wenger won't do that, and get in the way of development of our players, notably chambers and bellerin, with players who are not good enough for our club. If we get to the january window and we're still in crisis he will fix the issue with quality signings or not fix it at all and rely on our youngsters. Wenger doesn't like signing mediocre players, or players who don't bring anything to the squad.

tuan_jinn 10 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@KingHenry: what you said sounds right. But the fact that Wenger is considering those 3 players I mentioned (Yobio, Lugano and Lass Diarra) is happening! That's why I am so surprise!!!

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@tuan where did you read that ? I just watched his press conference of today and he clearly says that right now he's not looking at any free transfers.

quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I can play CB too, sign me Wenger plz!