Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Thibaut Courtois is £17M or Forget it.
AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

CHELSEA have slapped a stunning £17million price tag on goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois.

The Belgian, 21 signed for the Blues in June 2011 from Genk but has spent the best part of two seasons on loan at Atletico Madrid.

Now, Atletico boss Diego Simeone wants to sign Courtois permanently – but has been quoted an eye-watering asking price. Chelsea see Courtois, who won the Europa League with Atletico last season, as the successor to Petr Cech but are willing to let him return to Madrid on loan.

Atletico have enquired about taking Courtois as a makeweight in any deal for Radamel Falcao, who remains a Chelsea target.

But the Blues do not want Courtois included in the negotiations and have so far refused to discuss the Belgian’s long-term future.

Source: Daily Star.

Comments
Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Get your hands off Courtois you vultures!

quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

not every team got 17 million to spend on 21 year old goalkeeper, overpriced.

Vendetta 11 years ago

@quikzyyy: He is well worth 17 million in my opinion. Possibly a bit more.

quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Yea, he got talent but he's still just 21 don't forget that. But maybe I'm just from old school and see this price as too high.

Vendetta 11 years ago

I understand he's 21, but that is the point. This guy has already proven himself. He won the Europa League, he is fan favorite in Atletico, he is flexible, tall and agile. He is even said to be better than De Gea by Atletico fans. To put things in perspective: Thibaut's streak of not conceding at home came to an last week when Atletico lost 1-0 to Real Sociedad. The last time Courtois allowed a goal from open play at home before the loss, Mark Clattenburg was busy sending off a pair of Chelsea players and allowing an offside goal to stand. When was that? October?

Vendetta 11 years ago

an *end last week

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

17M seems a lot but its justifiable. But at 17M you can expect barca or madrid to swoop in.

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

I know that Thibaut Courtois wants to stay in Atlatico Madrid for more seasons but i think they put the price 17 million just as saying we refuse to give him away, Because we don't have a decent GK other than Peter Cech at the moment. I just hope if we are going to get Falcao, Courtois won't be included in the deal.. I really want Courtois to be our 1st team GK after Cech.

raimondo90 11 years ago

Would be interseting to see how he fares in the EPL. Maybe they should loan him out to an EPL team. But Atletico gives him the advantage of facing teams like Real Barca and play regularly in europe.

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@raimondo90 "But Atletico gives him the advantage of facing teams like Real & Barca" In the EPL there are a lot of clubs who are able to score not just 2 or 4 clubs who have a great Strikers, I would say 15 if not 20 clubs in The EPL even. He would prolly get more experience in the EPL. 

raimondo90 11 years ago

@Alex, I highly doubt that. I considered it for a moment before commenting but lets look at the EPL team. Where could he go that he'd be guaranteed starting 11? Let alone a good enough team to compete domestically and internationally. Atletico are in Copa del Rey final vs Madrid and fighting at the top of the table. They were unluckly eliminated in EL. If he joined and EPL side the only teams that would make sense are Tottenham, Arsenal and Newcastle. These 3 teams already have great goalkeepers and wouldn't take a loanee to be a starer over Szcz, Lloris or Krul. Him playing for West Brom or a team of that stature would be hurting his potential.

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@Raimondo90 I agree with all what you said but I would pick him any day over Szcz :)

raimondo90 11 years ago

@Alex I would too, but I highly doubt a shrewed buisness man like Wegner would especially if he doesn't own the player. Thats why La Liga makes the most sense for him and I'm sure Chelsea executives know it too.

knibis 11 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

Hope Atletico maneges to get him.. bad style from chelsea setting a so high price  tag on a GK that isnt really top 5 in the world. keep in mind as a rule GK's has much lower market value than an equal skill level striker

tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

Only 2 or 4 teams in La Liga able to score? My ass..

However I do agree that this price tag slapped on him is basically saying Chelsea don't want to sell him.

Keisuke 11 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 830

He's 20 years old, not 21...

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

@Vendetta what do you mean by vultures? he's been playing for them for ages... and when will Cech retire?

Vendetta 11 years ago

@rama: Vultures usually circle another predator's kill for a period of time before they take away that food and start eating it instead of the predator. When I look back now, I think Hyena would have made more sense... Cech will most likely leave Chelsea in 2 seasons.

Jmessih 11 years ago
Chelsea, Spain 2 159

Hope he stays, he should secure a 2 year loan with Athletioc then come and replace Cech after that. Reports are he is and will be a fantastic keeper.