Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The RVP saga
GunnerGo 12 years ago
Arsenal, Venezuela 13 345

Hello footyroomers and more specifically to the gunners in here, I want to talk about something that has been rumbling my head since the end of the season, and that's the RVP saga.

As we know the talks to discuss the RVP contract have stalled and Van Persie has gone to his country to compete in the Euro. So I started thinking that we should prepare for bad news and the bad news is the loss of our captain.

I hope I'm wrong about my words, but think for a moment ... Van Persie being our captain, knowing the internal situation in which we live, the crisis of players we have lost, certainly do not believe he knows more than anyone that we do not deserve these long and tedious lectures on contracts? in which we stand to lose.

With Manchester City bidding for him, Manchester United, Juventus, ones speaks of Barcelona and Real Madrid, I understand that for a striker of his quality and presence these offers are quite tempting, and the breakdown of discussions about his contract only lead me to think two things: He wants to go and will not sign a new contract, or on the contrary wants to see how far it is able Wenger to convince him that next season we will have a workforce that can cope with the giants among us ever saw, and once again be the machine to be feared that clubs in a European tie.

As in any situation like this, and boy I'm somewhat used to these situations, we'll just do what you do and that is wait, wait until Van Persie returns from the Euro and reopen discussions, expected to the small light of hope that I have tells me that Van Persie will stay and sign a new contract talk with the truth and see our captain with new contract in hand ready to compete at the highest level once again.

So nothing to reproach RVP whatever its final decision is, I just want to say that in the hands of the team is that these situations are left to repeat in the future. Have a great day and Go Gooners!

Comments
This comment is disliked by many users (show)
udikman 12 years ago
Chelsea, Indonesia 21 323

too lazy to read it , this isnt important .. Go get trophy !!! ASAP

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

well written and i hope van persie stays and arsenal gets better next season !!
arsenal = body and wenger = soul.
already they have lost their one limb fabregas : they should not loose another :(

Jimskeleton 12 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

udikman, what you meant was you're too stupid to read it, couple of big words in there that you don't understand? HA!

Nice article Gunner, I still think he will stay and I certainly couldn't see him joining City after the Nasri saga and RVP doesn't seem a player completely driven by money, I think he would only leave if he really does feel as if it's time for a change otherwise he will want to get Arsenal back to title contenders.

This comment is disliked by many users (show)
udikman 12 years ago

Hahaha Come to City ... You know Arsenal svck ! 8 Years no trophy LOLOLOL

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Yeah and not too long ago city were in the third division, went 44 year without a league trophy. Umm I think I prefer the 8 years with no trophy. Arsenal has real fans anyways. But back on topic, Barca lost interest due to price and age. So in my opinion he will stay since arsenal are starting to spend a build a better squad. 

udikman 12 years ago

i know that fact , we already make history ,, now we byond our rival united ... haha I still proud

raimondo90 12 years ago

Please entertain me and explain to me how u made history and how u beyond Manchester united, who have won 19 leagues and countless other trophies. 

SuperRobinVanPersie 12 years ago
Arsenal, England 11 196

@udikman Look who's talking, you glory hunter. Changing teams who you support between Man City and Barcelona.

quikzyyy 12 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@udikman i don't get it.

expertfootball11 12 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

@GunnerGo : i don't think he will quit. Just if I would be you I would be scared if he will be injured during the UEFA Euro 2012. That would be much more embarrasing. He loves Arsenal, i think his idea is quite simple: At least win one title before leaving.

neshwar 12 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 8 567

udikman, 1 trophy & man u is beyond u? try eclipsing chelsea 1st boy. not long ago u werent even in the EPL rite?

Maniac 12 years ago
England 4 50

@udikman: Remember that Champions League was your priority. See you failed even in Europa League.

In other domestic cups you failed so much. Your club has fun now, it will soon end. Mark my words please.

MischaCollins 12 years ago
Manchester City, Japan 4 138

@udickman for the love of God and for the love of all ManCity supporters...please stop pretending to support ManCity. Besides I think you're just CR7skillz with a different account.

kenkichiotaka 12 years ago
Manchester United, Japan 47 1894

@(removed),I don't think that udikman is CR7skills because he is politer than him,and he doesn't support Real Madrid...

JesperKyd 12 years ago
Arsenal, England 15 152

udikman is just an inbred. beyond united? your still 16 premier league trophys from doing that and 10 away from us. i for once can not wait till mansour gets bored with your club

man city have no class,honour or any diginity

thijsFCB 12 years ago
Barcelona, Netherlands 45 223

If Arsenal improves their squad, he'll stay for sure. Van Persie wants to win prizes, it's now or never!
I would like to see some experienced players like Kaka join him at Arsenal

kenkichiotaka 12 years ago
Manchester United, Japan 47 1894

@thijsFCB Good news,Arsenal has Podolski now!!!!!Hope he plays well in England too!!!

raimondo90 12 years ago

Arsenal should sign Nuri Sahin. Great midfielder being wasted at madrid's bench. 

thijsFCB 12 years ago
Barcelona, Netherlands 45 223

@kenkichiotaka  yeah that's a good start mate. Also agree with raimondo90, Sahin could play a key role in the Arsenal squad!

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

@Udikman RVP is NOT nasri!