Showing previous versions of this text.

The streets will never forget 'The Real Wayne Rooney'

Comments
Gennady 3 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

Damn. That first video.... almost made me tear up

ashwin1729 3 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

Definitely the most underrated footballers of all time. I feel that if he had been more selfish and if he had better support, he probably eclipses Ronaldo and or Messi.

Emobot7 3 years ago Edited
538 11426

I don't know about underrated cause I wasn't around when this guy was in his prime. But damn what a player he been, no matter how little I've seen of him, I know that guy has alway been pure class. It kept on showing even after he left United.

Honestly, just stat wise, the fact he scored over 250 at United show how regular and vital he was. I agree that at the very least, for a time, he most propably was the third best attacking player in europe behind those Messi and Ronaldo.

Just to add more to this point, here Messi talking about Rooney:

Over the years we have faced many British teams in Europe and come up against many good players, but I have always had a big respect for Wayne Rooney. He has played at the highest level for many years and is one of the special players of the generation.

And here is Ronaldo:

For me the power of Wayne Rooney is his mentality and strength. He never stops, he always runs, helps the team. He's a fantastic team player and he scores goals. He scored important goals, for me he's fantastic. He was the kid of England. Everyone loved him. He is a fantastic boy, fantastic player. I used to call him, between me and my mates, the pit bull. I remember when he lost the ball he was so powerful, a strong guy, he shoots unbelievable. I miss playing with him

I mean, great players recognize the talents of other player. Don't think I can find better compliment than those quote. Especially the second one.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I don't know about underrated cause I wasn't around when this guy was in his prime. But damn what a player he been, no matter how little I've seen of him, I know that guy has alway been pure class. It kept on showing even after he left United.

Honestly, just stat wise, the fact he scored over 250 at United show how regular and vital he was. I agree that at the very least, for a time, he most propably was the third best attacking player in europe behind those two.

Just to add more to this point, here Messi talking about Rooney:

Over the years we have faced many British teams in Europe and come up against many good players, but I have always had a big respect for Wayne Rooney. He has played at the highest level for many years and is one of the special players of the generation.

And here is Ronaldo:

For me the power of Wayne Rooney is his mentality and strength. He never stops, he always runs, helps the team. He's a fantastic team player and he scores goals. He scored important goals, for me he's fantastic. He was the kid of England. Everyone loved him. He is a fantastic boy, fantastic player. I used to call him, between me and my mates, the pit bull. I remember when he lost the ball he was so powerful, a strong guy, he shoots unbelievable. I miss playing with him

I mean, great players recognize the talents of other player. Don't think I can find better compliment than those quote. Especially the second one.

ashwin1729 3 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

I'd love to watch Rooney manage Manchester United provided he does good with Derby. His knowledge of the game is just immense for him to not succeed.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11426

@ashwin1729 Hot damn, didn't knew he took over Derby. Hopefully he does well and come back at United. Though he could also manage Everton if Ancelotti were to leave, both case would be really interesting.