Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

the next ........
neshwar 12 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 8 567

managers/media/agents ruin a young player by dubbing them the next big thing lets analyze a few examples n look where they end up now:

next maradona  : pablo aimar/tevez/martin palermo all these players where they end up now????? only tevez has somewhat making a name but only thing he achieved same as maradona is negative media publicity, pablo aimar was en route of becoming a great player but where is he now?? martin palermo's career was over when he scuppered 3 penalties in 1 match

next pele : robinho/denilson/freddy adu/abedi pele all these guys flopped tremendously, robinho and denilson were expensive signing but cudn live up for the name tag, freddy adu and abedi pele had inspiring meet up with pele and tat has been a doomed meet up for them

next zidane : i really feel for bruno cheyrou, gerard houllier has single handedly ended cheyrou's career by opening his stinking mouth

bottom line any young upcoming player are literaly brought down by tagging them the next ...., this has not only shackles their own improvement but also their potential. why not let them be themselves?? we dont need next fabregas/ next iniesta/ next messi. we enjoy the real fab/ini/messi anyway. media and fans shud let players make a name for themselves instead of living in sum other players limelight and expect them to live that limelight

Comments
raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

If you actually watched Palermo play in Boca Jrs you would know how much of an idol he was. Maradona admired him. He scored one of the furthest headers in history. He sadly had too many knee problems and had to retire. 

WhatTheHell 12 years ago
Barcelona, Spain 15 591

I remembered when Pele said Chicharito could be the next Messi LOL!

neshwar 12 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 8 567

@raimondo90, i've seen him play & he has potential, he is one of the best header together with jarod borghetti. i really thought he cud propell argentina to wc98. Injury is one thing but to be tagged with legends of football is too much burden for a young player. it affects them emotionaly, media didn do any favour instead added to his burden. he retired from football far far too early

neshwar 12 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 8 567

@whatthehell pele was a great player full stop..... anythin else comes out of his mouth is always full of shit.

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

If their is a Zidane is this decade, it's Ribery or Benzema.