Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The most promising player on your favorite team?
Dynastian98 12 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Who would you say is the most promising player on your favorite team?

For us RMD fans, it's definitely Raphael Varane. He's only 18 and I prefer him much over Pepe. He's not dirty, makes clean and very good tackles, has the height to tower over others for a header, and his first goal for Madrid was a backheel volley!

Comments
naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

I agree on Raphael Varane and would like to add Alvaro Morata and Jose Callejon.

Nico10 12 years ago
Barcelona, Moldova 38 290

Thiago and Rafinha Alcantara, also Gerard Deulofeu. They're the most promising players of FC Barcelona.

koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

I am really excited about the prospects of Eisfeld, Henderson, and Gnabry. Eisfeld because he has a knack for being in the poacher's spot for goals. He's scored quite a few goals during the preseason and for the Arsenal under 21. Gnabry has a wonderful dribbling gift quite unseen in many 17 yr olds. Poor Henderson has had a problem with injuries but he's come back now and his skill on the ball is a joy to watch. Another guy was Ozyakup but sadly he left for Besiktas. He could've been our Sahin :/

mtesso1993 12 years ago
AC Milan, Australia 7 59

Antonio Nocerino and Stephan El Shaarawy

Trollman 12 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525
  1. HAZARD!!!!!!! His work with the team has already gave him so many assists.

2. LUKAKU

3. Marin (hopefully not injury prone)
man_utd 12 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 91 1444

Cleverley and Rafael

capilano 12 years ago
Manchester United, Japan 9 55

rodwell. 

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Tiago, Muniesa, Alcantara abd probably Deulofeu.

knibis 12 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

Canales.. spains future mega star

Golden 12 years ago
35 693

I agree, Varane is a great 19-year-old (not 18) talent. Though, I would never choose him rather than Pepe. I think it's both sad and strange to see that only a few notices how dreadful Arbeloa's performance is in almost every single match. Put Varane in as a centre back alongside Pepe, while using Ramos as a right back.

Dynastian98 12 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Golden

I agree that Arbeloa's performances aren't up to scratch, but I would much rather put Lassana Diarra in Right Back. He's experienced in Right Back and with him in RB, it gives players such as Granero and Modric more chances to play in Defending Mid. I would keep Ramos in CB because his immense heading prowess and decent speed enable him to keep out fast strikers, like Messi and Alexis, and tall strikers, such as Soldado and Aduriz.

@Nico10

I would say that Thiago is more accomplished now so you could consider him a talent that is already rapidly developing, since he practices alongside Iniesta and Xavi regularly. But I definitely agree that Rafinha and Deuofeu are Barca's best talents. I'm very eager to see what they can do in three or four years. Hopefully, they'll make it on to the first team this year and we can see them play some Liga football! P.S. If you put Thiago, I guess you can put Cuenca and Tello as well.

ChelseaRox10 12 years ago
Chelsea, England U19 142 979

I think Bertrand

Tuanis 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

De Gea or Phil Jones or even this guy Nick Powell. All of them are going to be top class players in a few years.

Dynastian98 12 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@ChelseaRox10 and Trollman

I think that Thorgan Hazard, Oscar, and Lucas Piazon would be better choices.

@Tuanis

Yes! Manchester United is famed for their endless supply of young talent. Sir Alex also makes very good buys when it comes to youth players.

Ronaldo-R9 12 years ago
Inter, Italy 19 337

Defenitley Phillipe Coutinho. He is young , fresh and very technical. I am very happy to see him always play on the pitch with our Blue/Black shirts

JesperKyd 12 years ago
Arsenal, England 15 152

Cazorla and jenkinson are promising gibbs and giroud aswell just needs the finishing for giroud

Jimskeleton 12 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

I think Caulker for Spurs, had a very good season on loan last season and did well for team GB during the olympics, all will depend on whether AVB gives him games.

Dynastian98 12 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@JesperKyd

I believe Santi Cazorla is around 26 years old. I think you misunderstood. By promising player, I meant an extremely talented youngster (16-22 years max.) that holds the future to your club. Example at Arsenal would be Coquelin or Oxlade-Chamberlain.

And Giroud is already a top class player, and I don't think that Gibbs is anywhere close to Clichy, but Jenkinson could be pretty good in a few years!

@Jimskeleton I honestly don't know much about Tottenham, so I'm hoping you're right!

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

There are always a lot of Arsenal academy Players that look promising, but those that make that final push for the 1st team are lucky. Anyway I've tried to whittle them down:
1- Chuba Akpom - 16 yo; Forward
2- Chuks Aneke - 19 yo; Midfielder; Has formed a great understanding with Akpom. For the gooners who don't watch the under-21s I suggest you have a look. Some good stuff on show.
3- Damien Martinez - 20 yo; Goalkeeper; Highly regarded and earmarked as the future Argentina GK. Considered to be a threat to Szczesny's burgeoning career.
4- Serge Gnabry - 17 yo; Winger; NOT an Arsenal Youth product but looks really good. We poached him from Stuttgart last year.
5- Thomas Eisfeld - 19 yo; Midfielder. Another player poached from Germany last year. Was highly regarded by Dortmund who let him go because of fitness fears. Wenger took the risk because he was very impressed with him. I think he'll break into the first team sooner than the others.
6- Kristoffer Olsson - 17 yo;  Midfielder. Elegant

I agree with Koldimere that our BEST youth player left this summer. His name was Ozyakup but he was too eager for more playing time.. I am still very sad about it.

Not sure if these count because they are already in the first team but many of them are just as young as the academy players...
1-Nico Yennaris. RB/midfielder
2-Francis Coquelin. Midfielder.
3-Keiran Gibbs; LB
4-Aaron Ramsey - Midfielder
4-Jack Wilshere -Midfielder

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Oh God... I forgot Benik Afobe. Big 19 year old striker with pace. Was supposed to break into the team last year but suffered a season long injury. He's on loan at Boltona and already scored 5 goals for them so far. Jury is still out if he'll rediscover his best.