Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The Modern Footballer - Mathieu Debuchy
Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

The 26 year old French RB has garnered quite a bit of attention recently and has been the subject of tranfer speculation. Naturally, he published an interview with L'Equipe about it, making him an excellent case study of the modern footballer. (ALL ITALICS ARE MY TRANSLATIONS):

"Despite my commitment to Lille - the club is in my heart - I am 100% committed to leaving."

I am so committed to Lille that I had to talk to someone about how I am definitely not interested in being committed to them.  

"I want to leave LOSC,'' 

In case I didn't make myself clear the first time. TOTAL commitment.

"The coach wants to keep me but I will not change my opinion.''

Stupid manager. He's not the boss of... er... Well, he can't control me!

"The discussions are not going very well. For now I am stuck in Lille."

Did I mention how awesome Lille is?

"LOSC want to find my replacement before I am released. Ten, 15 players have been suggested to them but still nothing happens."

Granted, I haven't heard of most of them... but still, who do they think they are making me wait?

"There must be a little goodwill. It disappoints me and bothers me. Newcastle are one of my priorities. Inter are interested too."

In case you weren't aware of my awesomeness.

"Newcastle have, already offered 5 million, but I don't know how much Lille want."

Yes. I mean, they offered to pay for my flight and even threw in center orchestra seats to 'Wicked'. What else do they want?

"[When asked about pre-season training] I will not be there "

There. That should help with Lilles' negotiating. Now that they know I will definitely leave, my suitors are bound to up their bids further. They can thank me later. After all, the club is in my heart.

*Stay tuned for more adventures from "The Modern Footballer"*

Comments
raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Imtersting. He sounds a bit immature and full of himself. 

GunnerGo 12 years ago
Arsenal, Venezuela 13 345

Dafuq did i just read, "I am so committed to Lille that I had to talk to someone about how I am definitely not interested in being committed to them." WTF man...

KingHenry 12 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@gunnergo he didnt really say that, the italics are just footaholic's interpretation of the interview.

koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

Satire at its finest...

GunnerGo 12 years ago
Arsenal, Venezuela 13 345

ohh now i get it.