Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The Good, Bad & Ridiculous Transfer Rumors. #53
AlexBatak 10 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

1- Manchester United prepare £40m Robben bid
Manchester United are preparing to offer Bayern Munich £40m for Arjen Robben. Source: Daily Express.

2- Arsenal to offer Balotelli £180,000-a-week deal
Arsenal will offer AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli a £180,000-a-week deal to move to the Emirates. Source: Metro.

3- Nasri agrees new Manchester City deal
Samir Nasri has agreed a new Manchester City deal worth £180,000-a-week that will keep him at the club until 2019. Source: Daily Mirror.

4- Hamburg to beat Newcastle to Lasogga
Hamburg are set to beat Newcastle to Pierre-Michel Lasogga with the German side ready to open advanced talks for the striker. Source: Newcastle Evening Chronicle.

5- Tottenham want O'Shea
Tottenham are preparing a £3m bid for John O'Shea with Spurs keen to bring in a new centre-back to replace Michael Dawson who is free to leave this summer. Source: Daily Telegraph.

6- Vermaelen wants Manchester United move
Thomas Vermaelen has told friends he wants to quit Arsenal for Manchester United with a deal set to be completed after the World Cup. Source: Daily Mail.

7- Tottenham to sell Adebayor to fund Lukaku move
Tottenham are set to sell Emmanuel Adebayor in order to fund a £32m move for Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku. Source: Daily Express.

8- Lazio to battle Manchester United for Stefan de Vrij
Lazio are set to battle Manchester United for defender Stefan de Vrij with Everton also interested in the Netherlands international. Source: talkSPORT.

9- Manchester United make £20m Gaitan bid
Manchester United have made a £20m to Benfica for Nicolas Gaitan and are also willing to use Bebe as part of the deal. Source: A Bola.

10- Everton must up £6m Banega offer
Everton have seen a £6 million bid for Valencia midfielder Ever Banega rejected by the Spanish outfit and told they must increase it if they want to sign the 25-year-old. Source: talkSPORT.

11- Man Utd offer €30m-Miranda bumper contract
Manchester United have offered Atletico Madrid centre-back Miranda an 'enormous' contract after matching the Brazilian's release clause of €30 million. Source: Marca.

12- West Brom to hijack Lescott deal
West Brom are set to trump Hull City to the signing of Joleon Lescott. The 31-year-old will head to the Hawthorns for a medical on Thursday. Source: Hull Daily Mail.

13- Liverpool enter £16m Shaqiri talks
Liverpool are in talks with Bayern Munich over the £16 million transfer of Xherdan Shaqiri. Source: Bild.

14- Inter want Casemiro and Giovinco
The Serie A side are reportedly interested in signing Real Madrid midfielder Casemiro and Juventus forward Sebastian Giovinco. Source: Gazzetta dello Sport.

15- Iturbe to Roma/Juve rumours continue
Hellas Verona look increasingly unlikely to hold on to Juan Iturbe as the young Argentine continues to be linked with a move to Juventus and Roma. Source: Corriere dello Sport.

16- Lavezzi is Arsenal’s top target
Arsene Wenger has made Paris Saint-Germain forward Ezequiel Lavezzi his priority transfer target. Source: The Sun.

17- Man Utd prepare Khedira swoop
Manchester United are preparing a bid for Sami Khedira after learning that Real Madrid are willing to sell the midfielder this summer. Source: Daily Express.

18- Man Utd to reject Januzaj offers
Manchester United will not entertain any offers from Real Madrid for Adnan Januzaj this summer. Source: Daily Mail.

19- Liverpool, Arsenal & Chelsea in Calhanoglu chase
Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea are all lining up offers for Hamburg’s 20-year-old midfielder Hakan Calhanoglu. Source: Daily Express.

20- Tottenham include Soldado & Capoue in £14m Moreno bid
Tottenham have launched a £14 million offer Sevilla left-back Alberto Moreno which also includes Roberto Soldado on loan and Etienne Capoue. Source: Daily Mail.

21- Chelsea want £32m for Lukaku
Chelsea want £32m for striker Romelu Lukaku with Juventus favourites to sign him although several clubs remain interested in the Belgium international. Source: Daily Express.

22- Chelsea to make £40m Rooney bid
Chelsea are set to revive their interest in Wayne Rooney and will offer Manchester United £40m for the striker. Source: Daily Express.

23- Liverpool & Everton keen on Mbia
Liverpool and Everton are considering making a move for QPR midfielder Stephane Mbia who is out of contract at Loftus Road at the end of June. Source: RMC.

24- Everton favourites to sign Caulker
Everton have emerged as favourites to sign Cardiff defender Steven Caulker and can offer regular first-team football, unlike Arsenal and Liverpool where there is fiercecompetition for places. Source: Daily Express.

25- Liverpool target Ricardo Rodriguez after Moreno move stalls
Liverpool have turned their attentions to Wolfsburg defender Ricardo Rodriguez after a move for Alberto Moreno stalled. Source: Daily Express.

26- Atletico Madrid to beat Everton to Tello
Atletico Madrid have joined the race to sign Cristian Tello from Barcelona and look set to beat Everton to his signature. Source: Daily Express.

27- Atletico Madrid chase Negredo
Atletico Madrid want Manchester City striker Alvaro Negredo to replace Chelsea-bound striker Diego Costa. Source: Daily Star.

28- Liverpool win race to sign £12m Rojo
Liverpool have beaten off competition from Arsenal, Manchester United and Monaco to the signing of Argentina international Marcos Rojo. The Sporting Lisbon left-back will cost the Reds £12 million. Source: Le 10 Sport.

Comments
Zakzook 10 years ago
Arsenal, Syria 32 785

Hmmm..
I'd rather offer that to Lukaku than Ballo. Ballo has an attitude problem but Lukaku is the exact opposite. Although I prefer Ballo's playstyle but his attitude might prove a problem..

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Oooh if Atletico replace Costa with Negredo then it would be amazing. Negredo's record for City during 2013 was amazing.

GunnerAFC 10 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

180? Oh my.

tiki_taka 10 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

We were linked with Rojo too, damn Atletico players are linked everywhere.

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

lol Lavezzi our top transfer target, that says it all about the sun.

@zak Balotelli is far more talented than Lukaku. If wenger can channel his attitude problems into his game (which we know is one of the strenghts of wenger) he can be a beast. And balo would probably cost less than lukaku, seeing that mourinho wouldn't sell to us

Marcus2011 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Does Levy really think we will sell young blood to London and possibly a title rival ? Good luck . They will need two sell two more Adebayors to have us consider it .

Dynastian98 10 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@King

But that's the gamble, isn't it? Balo's attitude is garbage when compared to Lukaku's. No manager has been able to change Balo's attitude so far, and even if Wenger has the ability to do that, he should avoid the risk of wasting money and spend on a more reliable striker. Just my two cents.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@King

But that's the gamble, isn't it? Balo's attitude is garbage when compared to Lukaku's. No manager has been able to change Balo's attitude so far, and even if Wenger has the ability to do that, he should avoid the risk of wasting money and spend on a more reliable striker.

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@dynastian yes it's a risk, but unfortunately, there are no strikers available this summer, and it is the position we really need a world class talent for. Balotelli has tremendous talent, he has the talent and the selfobsession to be one of the very best strikers. I prefer to bet on balotelli who has to potential to become amazing, than to buy lukaku overpriced from mourinho, who is a physical beast but let's be honest, doesn't have great improvement ahead of him. You see it when you watch him play, he's not comfortable enough on the ball to become a brilliant striker. Lukaku will maybe challenge Giroud next season. We need improvement now. Lukaku is safer, but there is a lot less to gain from him. And I have confidence in wenger when it comes to restoring confidence in players, disciplining them, and being a father figure to them. Look at the job he did on van persie. He has become a true leader and is captaining his national team after he was a real brat and an asshole when he was younger.

tiki_taka 10 years ago

For Arsenal, i think they should buy Remy. Remy-Giroud Duo is working good, and he is cheaper from all the names i heard.

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@tiki Remy would be a good squad player, he wouldn't start at arsenal over giroud, walcott, oxlade, cazorla. He wouldn't be a direct improvement. What I would really like is griezmann. He's an amazing player, so intelligent and so elegant. Balotelli and griezmann and our attacking front is set for the season.

Jimbet 10 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

we are linked with those three and they are balo, griezmann and remy. heard some news regarding unsettled CAVANI and monaco wanna sell FALCAO.

• History

we are linked with those three which are balo, griezmann and remy. heard some news regarding unsettled CAVANI and monaco wanna sell FALCAO.

tiki_taka 10 years ago

Griezmann value is impressive, i was going to say his name, he would be perfect for Arsenal but he isnt a cheap buy, i wonder if Wenger could sign him.
But yes im sure he will worth every penny, a complete player, very fast,skillful, good shootings skills, heading, team work, game vision... ( And he hasnt a diva atitude ).
He has everything, i would love to see him at Barça though, but the competition arround him made his signing really dificult andhis wages very high, same with Pogba.

Lodatz 10 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

"Oooh if Atletico replace Costa with Negredo then it would be amazing. Negredo's record for City during 2013 was amazing."

It was good, sure, but mainly from cup performances, and Europe. He struggled in the league more than people might think.

Heisinburg 10 years ago Edited
Manchester United 67 1516

At the 'Chelsea bidding 40M for Rooney', please take him. I no longer care of he leaves. He's been a great asset to United, truly, but it's so obvious that he isn't the same man he use to be a few years back. Moyes was stupid enough to give him such an undeserving contract. 40M, wow, what a chance for Deadward to repent for his sins. DO IT.

• History

At the 'Chelsea bidding 40M on Rooney', please take him. I no longer care of he leaves. He's been a great asset to United, truly, but it's so obvious that he isn't the same man he use to be a few years back. 40M, wow, what a chance for Deadward to repent his sins. DO IT.

At the 'Chelsea bidding 40M for Rooney', please take him. I no longer care of he leaves. He's been a great asset to United, truly, but it's so obvious that he isn't the same man he use to be a few years back. 40M, wow, what a chance for Deadward to repent his sins. DO IT.

AlexBatak 10 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@Heisinburg

I think no manager would be able to sell Rooney at any cost to a PL team. He is a fan favorite and this is the biggest reason why he always gets whatever he wants whenever he asks for a raise.

Lodatz 10 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Regarding #20:

I don't know what to make of this. Basically, it's like signing the Spanish version of Luke Shaw, which of course I am all for since he is a fantastic young player, but it also means we'd be shelling out just as much money, if not more. The young Spanish players are becoming every bit as over-priced as young English ones, now that their clubs have realized how much they can milk for their players, and we're just not a club who can afford to spend this kind of money routinely.

It's true that LB is one area in which we desperately need an upgrade, but, to farm out Soldado and Capoue on loan and STILL fork out 16m is just a bit much for my liking. Chelsea or City could afford it, and Liverpool may well try again with a 25m bid, but it might be just out of our reach.

These are the issues facing a club trying to compete with the Top 4, with only a fraction of their resources. :/

And regarding the O'Shea link? Please no. Just no.

• History

Regarding #20:

I don't know what to make of this. Basically, it's like signing the Spanish version of Luke Shaw, which of course I am all for since he is a fantastic young player, but it also means we'd be shelling out just as much money, if not more. The young Spanish players are becoming every bit as over-priced as young English ones, now that their clubs have realized how much they can milk for their players, and we're just not a club who can afford to spend this kind of money routinely.

It's true that LB is one area in which we desperately need an upgrade, but, to farm out Soldado and Capoue on loan and STILL fork out 16m is just a bit much for my liking. Chelsea or City could afford it, and Liverpool may well try again with a 25m bid, but it might be just out of our reach.

These are the issues facing a club trying to compete with the Top 4, with only a fraction of their resources. :/

tuan_jinn 10 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

#22: not going to happen! I dont know if Mou really wants Rooney or he just do his mind trick here to mess up our changing room.

TheGame 10 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

Sigh..All summer we've been hearing only transfer speculations at United and nothing else.

Marcus2011 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@thegame

Van Gaal is busy right now .

TheGame 10 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

@Marcus2011, Oh we all know that. What about Ed Woodward?