Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The dark side of our beautiful game
amir_keal 2 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

So I’m sure we’ve been hearing some dark stuff over the last few weeks, but the news that came out today was crazy.

For those who don’t know, a french journalist named Romain Molina has came out and made some SERIOUS claims.

I’ve looked into him and he seems pretty legit, although my french football is limited, and I know there are some french users on this site that know more than I do.

This is shocking.

Comments
amir_keal 2 years ago

enter image description here

Here are some of the allegations. He is currently speaking as I am typing this out. There is just a part of it.

SunFlash 2 years ago
USA 19 3260

As someone who spent a lot of time in sport investigate journalism, I don't doubt that much of this is accurate coming from Molina. He's not a "sport" journalist per se who does clickbait, he has to do a serious amount of due diligence to publish his claims...so what raises my eyebrows here a bit is that he's saying this on twitter instead of his usual process. Which suggests that while it's probably happening, he can't prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

It doesn't mean it's wrong, in fact it wouldn't surprise me at all if it were all true. But just something to keep in mind.

amir_keal 2 years ago Edited

Yeah I agree. Whilst these are wild claims, I doubt there's much that can be done without the evidence in all honestly. He has been saying this for a while.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Yeah I agree. Whilst these are wild claims, I doubt there's much that can be done without the evidence in all honestly. He has been saying this for a while

Footy_watch 2 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

Innocent until proven otherwise. Its a joke that people can make accusations without proof.

iHEARTfootball 2 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Not sure about whether all French players are as slimy as that animal, Mendy, but I can probably believe that he certainly has done some unimaginable things, based on how disgustingly and awkwardly intimate he gets with his teammates through those past interview clips!

Reephy 2 months ago
0 3

This is shocking.

Emobot7 2 months ago
538 11432

@iHEART French people aren't worst than other but the problem is that their federation and those at the top of their federation for a long time have enabled that kind of behaviour by either doing it themselve or protecting other who did.

I mean, we seen with the Mason Greenwood case and what happened with the woman spanish national team that this is a common problem in the football world. Actually, its a very common problem in the sporting world in general. The difference is that thanks to more recent technology and social media, its way harder to cover-up those kind of story.

We still got a long way to go before this kind of things get taken seriously enough though.