Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The circle of a managers life?
_Pelle_ 4 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

Brendan Rogers signs new deal with Leicester stretching through 2025

Is it me or does clubs tend to quickly sign managers on long term contracts? And then fire them the first season it doesnt go as well as when they were signed.

I see this pattern with almost every manager: does well for a period of time-gets ”huge” contract- gets fired when it doesnt go well.

You agree?

Comments
Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

@Pelle Yes, I agree. Really seem like teams board should learn from what happen around them but for all i know, there might be pressure from agent and manager for these deal so I don't completely blame them either. Also, there might be some clause where manager has to keep certain ratio of win or thing like, otherwise, he can be fired and will receive lesser compensation. I might be completely wrong of course but either way wouldn't be surprised.

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

they were probably afraid of United/Arsenal approach. but I agree, being manager you get 1-2 seasons and get fired if the things goes bad. if it goes right, your contract gets extended, and get even more money.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy Thats actually a good point about Rodger, he is doing quite good right now after all and he got top six experience. I can see why United or Arsenal could target him.

iHEARTfootball 4 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

I think it's only coincidence that some clubs burnt bridges with their managers shortly after they sign long-term contracts. In saying that, I think Rodgers is a terrific manager, arguably better than Ranieri, so I think the owners of Leicester will commit to this agreement and see to it until the end of his contract. It's very exciting times for the Foxes.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I think it's only coincidence that some clubs just burnt bridges with their managers shortly after they sign long-term contracts. In saying that, I think Rodgers is a terrific manager, arguably better than Ranieri, so I think the owners of Leicester will be will commit to this agreement and see to it until the end of his contract. It's very exciting times for the Foxes.

Greatone 4 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

they clearly value him for sure, but they only gave him the extension right now because of them being worried about him being poached. Maybe in the original contract they didn't put in a high enough release clause?
Definitely his agent would've been talking garbage about him wanting to move to get a better deal even if Rodgers was perfectly happy

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

they clearly value him for sure, but they only gave him the extension right now because of them being worried about him being poached. Maybe in the original contract they didn't put in a high enough release clause?

tiki_taka 4 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Yes and I heard he got Arsenal clause in his contract 😄 which pretty much explain the move. The club just couldn't loose him right now after the actual season.
It has some negatives like the fee he will get if he gets sacked, but also positives since it's strghten his position in the dressing room. Players cannot get rid of him if they decide to.

expertfootball11 4 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Mourinho kind of breaks the traditional circle of a manager's life, doesn't he ?

Greatone 4 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

Exactly tiki.
How do you mean @expertfootball?

DarthFooty 4 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

Like most players, managers have agents as well. These guys fight to get as much money in a locked-in deal that they can of course.

"Long Term" contracts to new managers of a team is a show of confidence from the front office to their players and their fans. It tells them that they feel this hire will be the right fit and that they are in it for the long haul. For players, seeing a long contracted coach makes it feel like it will be a stable environment.

Sadly, it is a must-win world and coaches don't get a lot of time to do what the office and fans think is right. These guys do make a ton of money so the expectations are very high.

I feel bad for those who really don't get a fair shot, but they should know what they are getting into, so they should be prepared as best they can.