Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The 10 greatest Real Madrid players in history (check it out!)
Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I actually agree with this almost completely, except for the fact that I would switch Iker Casillas and Raul Gonzalez's rankings.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2277207/Real-Madrid-v-Manchester-United-Reals-time-10-players--including-Cristiano-Ronaldo-Zinedine-Zidane.html

1. Hugo Sanchez (Mexico)
  2. Francisco Gento (Spain)
  3. Ronaldo (Brazil)
  4. Emilio Butragueno (Spain)
  5. Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal)
  6. Raul (Spain)
  7. Zinedine Zidane (France)
  8. Iker Casillas (Spain)
  9. Ferenc Puskas (Hungary)
  10. Alfredo di Stefano (Argentina/Spain)
Comments
MRarsenal500 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 59 741

i dont get it why if you are to become a legend of a team you mainly need to be a attacking player who scores lots of goals like over 100 goal for the club to become a legend.

Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

@MRarsenal500: Good point but can you can you list me your 5 Arsenal legends from your opinion without the majority being attackers?

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@MRarsenal

How? Neither Iker Casillas nor Zinedine Zidane are great goalscorers, and yet they make the list. And who says that you need to be an attacking player to be a team legend. Fernando Hierro, Casillas, Claude Makelele, Roberto Carlos, and Sergio Ramos are all Real Madrid legends, but none of them were renowned for their scoring.

And that goes for other teams as well. Barcelona's Josep Guardiola, Andoni Zubizaretta, Carles Puyol, Ronald Koeman, Xavi Hernandez, Andres Iniesta, Luis Enrique, etc. are not renowned for their scoring ability. They are renowned for their contributions to the team. But yes, I will admit that goalscorers catch the eye of others more than non-goalscorers, and it's a rather shameful thing since Iker Casillas has done more for Real Madrid than almost every other player in our history.

Arsenal, England 59 741

ok vendetta. i will list 5 legends. ( defensive players )

1. Tony Adams
  2. David Seaman
  3. Ashley Cole ( though he's a cunt )
  4. Lee Dixon 
  5. Ray Parlour 
Arsenal, England 59 741

i said MOSTLY you have too score loads to be a legend 

Vendetta 11 years ago

@Dynastian: I believe he means the majority of the legends you listed were attackers/strikers. That is why I believe he said that statement.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@MRarsenal

No, you don't have to score "loads" to be a legend. You have to score when your team needs you most. Like Zinedine Zidane. Zidane may not have scored a lot of goals, but he scored when his team needed him most (e.g. 1998 AND 2006 World Cup final, Champions League final).

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Vendetta and MRarsenal

Ah, well. I didn't make the list. But I would've liked to see Fernando Hierro there. He's been a monster in our defense for as long as he played with us.

Vendetta 11 years ago

@MRarsenal: These are your 5 best legends? No Henry? No Bergkamp? No Ian Wright? Even Pires or Ljunberg could have fit the 5 for some Arsenal fans.

Arsenal, England 59 741

Oh my God.
Vendetta read CAREFULLY. 
I listed 5 LEGENDS DEFENSIVELY, NOT ATTACKING WISE.

Vendetta 11 years ago

Just checked Arsenal's website. Even their top 5 consisted of mostly strikers/attackers.

Vendetta 11 years ago

Okay than let me rephrase my second post on this thread: Can you list me your 5 BEST Arsenal legends from your opinion without the majority being attackers?

Arsenal, England 59 741

No you told me to list defensive players which i just did. I know I will obviously add Henry, Bergkamp but i named defensive legends

Vendetta 11 years ago

I guess I should have been more specific :P. List 5 best Arsenal legends of all time without the majority being attackers/strikers. When I say of all time I'm sure you will now have to include Bergkamp, Henry and more.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

The reason is: goals win games. Thus, while of course everyone can appreciate legendary defending, the glory does usually go to the offensive players, who score and create the goals.

Arsenal, England 59 741

most defender legends are known for their loyalty and bravery like Tony Adams and John Terry.

TheTruth 11 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 5 246

@Dynastian98 I posted on awais007's thread "Didier Drogba 8Mr Wembeley*" that I would enjoy a comparison between Drogba and Henry, or maybe one between Gotze and El Shaarawy  or how about Barcelona's Gerard Deulofeu and Real's Jese Rodriguez? ;)

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

oooooohhhhh, I would like the Delofeu vs Jese comparison please!

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@TheTruth and Footaholic

To be honest, I don't have enough video reels to compare Jese and Deulofeu. >.<

I don't watch much Barcelona B or Real Madrid Castilla. I've seen plenty of videos with their tricks and skills and goals, but I've only seen Deulofeu play live about three or four times and Jese only twice. So sorry guys! No Jese vs. Deulofeu yet! :(