Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Tevez refuses to play
Dynastian98 12 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

During the Bayern 2-0 Man City Champions League game, Carlos Tevez refused to come on as a substitute with 35 minutes to play. Roberto Mancini (City coach) was furious. He took off Edin Dzeko (a striker) and put on Nigel de Jong (a holding midfielder) which I don't understand. Why would you take off a striker and put in a defending mid when you are losing 2-0 away from home. I know it wasn't Dzeko's best game but he has had an extraordinary form in the EPL. Dzeko was furious and sarcastically did a thumbs up at the camera and threw his jacket on the ground. At the same time Tevez was caught whispering to Pablo Zabaleta and Zabaleta was then mad at Mancini too, and unnecessarily so. I think that if City doesn't remove Tevez from the squad, he will tear the whole team down, and City critics will be able to say that this squad isn't a real team, just a group of overpaid, greedy players. Personally I don't like City but Mancini has the right to sell Tevez or sack him because this is just a disgrace to football.

Comments
Dynastian98 12 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Here is the link to the video

DefenderXI 12 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 3 26

Carlos Tevez : A selfish man, a pure disgrace to football, terrible role model.

He needs to leave

SeeingRedandBlack 12 years ago
AC Milan, Spain 2 38

You know this is how I perceived it, Mancini brings in a buttload of new players, all the new players start, and Tevez is constantly benched. When the time comes that they are losing, Mancini finally calls for Tevez. Tevez reacts, by refusing to play, and Mancini claims that "Tevez is finished" for City. Yes, he's sitting on a huge weekly paycheck, but it's also wrong of Mancini to bench the player who was absolutely vital in getting Man City into the CL last season. I sympathize with Tevez a little bit.

Prodigal 12 years ago

If it's like SeeingRedandBlack says, I can fully understand Tevez, for I've been in the same situation many years ago. I was a baseball pitcher, and the coaches wouldnt let me play. Only when the other pitchers shew they were disastrous and we were losing, the coaches wanted me to play. I was young and stupid then and played - and we won.

Gennady 12 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

@SeeingRedandBlack. I respectfully disagree, Tevez got himself in this kind of situation! During this summer he badly wanted to leave Manchester City for no particular reason! and Mancini, hearing of this of course he wants to buy a new striker, in case Tevez will leave, now Tevez didn't leave, but they already bought Aguero, and if I were in Tevez's shoes right now I would play in every chance I get, and try to prove Mancini wrong in keeping me on the bench. Be a team player, don't be a d**k and refuse to help your team!

Dynastian98 12 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

The reason Tevez was benched is because he dropped his from during preseason training and because Aguero and Dzeko are in perfect form right now. Tevez has to be patient. He can't be treated like a king everywhere he goes. If he wants his first team spot back he should improve himself.

omartawfik 12 years ago
Bayern Munich, Egypt 9 76