Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Team Discussion Point : Borussia Dortmund
Dynastian98 12 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Well, Footaholic requested I do Dortmund, and I think he's right. There's a lot to talk about them.

So, what do you think? What are Dortmund's best players, how are they doing in the league, how far will they go in the Champions League, what do you think about Dortmund-Man City and Dortmund-Madrid, etc?

Remember, this is a debating point, so try to keep the language clean and prove someone wring using logic please.

Comments
Dynastian98 12 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I meant to say "prove someone wrong".

But anyway, I think that Dortmund have an amazing squad, and that the world needs to see them play. They have beautiful possession play, and manage to get a TON of possession against even Bayern, something that even Real Madrid barely managed. They are off to a bumpy start in the league, but will recover, knowing that they won 25 or so games IN A ROW last year in the league.

They have an outstanding starting lineup, my favorites being Gotze, Hummels, Reus, and Kuba. They also had Nuri Sahin and Shinji Kagawa not too long ago, and sold them to great teams (unfortunately, Sahin didn't have much of a great time at Madrid. Hopefully, he'll be better off at Liverpool). Their entire team is ridiculously young, and they won the league the last two years running, and harassed Bayern last DFB Pokal final 5-2. All their players have a great career ahead of them, and I wish them the best of luck! The future is bright Dortmund fans!

Nico10 12 years ago
Barcelona, Moldova 38 290

imho, Dormund is a great team but they have the same problem as Arsenal, Valencia, Napole, when they create a good player they need to sell him because of economic problems. 

I think that Dormund can draw with Man City but they can't do anything against the powerful Real Madrid.

koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

Dortmund is a club that stands as a beacon of inspiration. Just before their revival they were near bankruptcy but still they came up and have won two consecutive titles. Amazing. And their players too, how they gained form simultaneously is a mystery really. Won't be surprised if they win the title again.

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

If they can keep their current stars and develope a few more in a couple years they could be a major force in champions league. 

WhatTheHell 12 years ago
Barcelona, Spain 15 591

Great young team but they have to stop selling their star player they have to offer them some more money to keep them away from ManCity, PSG, Chelsea, Utd, Real, Barca and top richest club. 

WhatTheHell 12 years ago
Barcelona, Spain 15 591

@koldimere I think Bayern Munich helped Borussia from bankruptcy right? correct me if im wrong here

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

I think if he stay's Reus will go very far with them. I wish we had Hummels though.

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

@WTH: Yes, Bayern lent them 2mill euros without interest, which was nice of them but that really didn't make that big of a dent in their debt repayment. They were waaay in the red because of their frivolous spending in years prior. When the executives were replaced the club began steadying ship.

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Personally, I have nothing but admiration for Dortmund. They were in dyer position and were on the precipice of insolvency. However, they managed to return to prominence like a phoenix from the ashes.  Their reformation proved the foundation for their success as they were able to win the Bundesliga, without resorting to buying it. They also managed to do it while playing attractive, attack-minded football.
I think the club is being run very well and Klopp has done wonders with his team and acquisitions (of whom Reus is just the latest example). I think now they need to focus on getting a consistent foothold in the CL by qualifying every year. If they do that, their income will increase drastically and allow them to grow in strength over time.  I do not, as yet, feel they have the depth to seriously challenge for the UCL. That said, if they keep on their current trajectory there is no reason that cannot change. In the end, however, the best thing about the club is its fans. They are so passionate and intimidating to the opposition and Dortmund has the highest attendance of any club in Europe (80+ thousand).

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

*Dire*