Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Team Discussion Point : Arsenal
Dynastian98 12 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Hello FootyRoom members! I've decided to start a new thread series called "Team Discussion Point". Basically what you do is, you discuss all about the team I have named. This is an opportunity for fans of football and the team and league alike to debate about the highs and lows about the team and its league. You can debate about the best player, required transfers, team form, team position in the league, etc. And I've decided to start with Arsenal!

Have fun! ~

Comments
Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

I'll say this, the Arsenal boys could learn a thing or two from the women's side. They have won the Women's English League 9 years straight, are about to finish this league unbeaten (Invinciblettes), made up more than 1/2 of the starters for the Olympic Women's Team GB, and just spanked Barcelona Ladies 7-0 in the Champions League. Kind of makes the boys look a bit embarrassing.

koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

@footaholic exactly! The women's team are pretty darn good. 

I thought our defence would have been stronger with Bould but now we're conceding goals from set pieces and crosses (the goal from Olympiacos for example). Is it just because we miss Mertesacker? And it's so funny, I remember last season people chastising Merte because he's "too slow" and "clumsy". I think I was one of the few who had faith in him. But now all of sudden they think he's great. Such shallow folk.

Another is Koscielny's surprising form. He's not same as last season BUT I know he'll recover soon. It normally takes a mistake for him to turn back around.

AND a positive turnout of Gibbo and Jenkinson. I must say I was waiting for a disaster to occur but it didn't. Especially Jenkinson. I really have a lot of hope watching them play. Wenger never lets us down on younglings. 

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I think that Arsenal have been playing great. They need to tighten up defense a little more. Sometimes they lose focus and concede a goal or give away goal scoring opportunities. Jen has been on too form I didn't expect that from him especially side he had a below average season last year. But Santi has been a great addition to the team. He makes arsenal more entertaining. 

Dynastian98 12 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@raimondo90

I always thought that English players don't always have the "flair" of players of other countries. That's why, to me, transfers are so important to the EPL. You have the chance to bring in players like Oscar, Hazard, Cazorla, Kagawa, etc.

knibis 12 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

They have been doing good in CL and I think they might reach quarter finals this year. In the league i think they`ll finnish 3. Overrall they have to wait some years for the real success but beaing a overhyped Chelsea by one position i think they will...

regli11 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 37 227

they have  great player but wenger needs to learn how to use them 

Dynastian98 12 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@knibis They've been waiting a hell of a long time for success. For Arsenal, you can't just wait for success. You have to fight for it. They get their best players lured away by cash stuffed teams every year. In my opinion, their loyal players deserve more than just success.

knibis 12 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

Well I think chelea will take the league title. Theyre looking strong. otherwise I think Arsenals gonna get a though year in CL

capilano 12 years ago
Manchester United, Japan 9 55

arsenal = wonderful super market for city and barca. next time we gonna get vermaelen so I'd appreciate your consideration!!! 

Maniac 12 years ago
England 4 50

I think they started well, let's if this will continue for a long time. I doubt it, we all knowh can change very quickly.

Maniac 12 years ago
England 4 50

Sorry I did many mistakes. I think they started well, but it won't continue for a long time. Arsenal can become terrible.

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Maniac any team can become teribble

Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

where's the next thread?