Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Sweden vs Argentina
Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Alas, I didn't get to watch this one (because of the England/Brazil match), but very much wanted to, most especially to see how Argentina are coming along. Obviously I can see the highlights, but would really love to hear about the game itself, from someone who watched it; I think you said you would be, knibis?

Would just love to hear what it was like, and any thoughts about it, and whether it's worth scouring the internet for a download. :)

Comments
raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Very solid game from our side. The attack ,as always, is incredible. Having Messi, Higuain, Aguero and Di Maria you can alwasy expect something great to happen with some sneaky perfect through balls. Messi really should have gotten a goal (I was 99% sure his chip had gone across the line) but he did excellent always setting up someone else to score. Defensive we still lack that reliable CB. Coloccini even got a cameo.

Lodatz 11 years ago

Is Mascherano being used at DM or CB?

(I think Coloccini is a good candidate, for them to rely upon, as a regular CB)

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

@raimondo,

Since you're an Argentina fan, you may be able to explain what I'll tell you. I never understood why Gaitán has been placed on the bench in important games. He's a fantastic midfielder. Argentina mainly has an incredible attacking force, probably the strongest in the world alongside Germany, but their midfield should have place for Gaitán?

Argentina's midfield could contain Gaitán, Banega and María, while Messi, Agüero and Higuain/Lavezzi are up front. Doesn't that sound reasonable?

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@Golden no that team would fail. It would be "top heavy" meaning it has lack of defensive players. Gaitan will remain on the bench because there is no room. They play to a 4-3-3 having:
Aguero-Higuain-Messi
Di Maria-Mascherano-Gago
Defense always switches up. 
Argentina needs the two defensive Mids to be able to cover. Take out Gago and or Mascherano and we'd be fucked. 

@Lodatz he plays DM

Lodatz 11 years ago

I'd actually quite like to see Argentina using 3-4-3. I think they have the talent for it.

@raimondo: good, good. I think he's a fantastic DM. Barcelona may have forced him into CB duties, due to their injuries and the rise of Busquets, but I think that wastes his talents.

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

@raimondo,

I see. I forgot that your defense obviously needs more help from the midfield than your attack. Gaitán's a great substitute though.

DonAndres 11 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

@Lodatz 
Agree!
Mascherano is amazing as DM..
Also for me,that guy has the best slide tackle in the world.