Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Superleague reboot
_Pelle_ 2 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

Marca: ” Super League reboot was launched in Agnelli's living room”

Juventus, Real Madrid and Barcelona are apprently still trying to push for a superleague.

What do you think of this…

Comments
Footy_watch 2 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

Good from my perspective because Arsenal fans will stop seeing top 4 as a successful season. The lowest expectation should be competing for the title until the last games.

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Considering how shit new UCL format is, I'm up for it.

_Pelle_ 2 years ago

@quikzyyy: is it because Arsenal isn’t qualified?😉

I would hav to agree if thats the case 😁

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I'd go for it even if we qualify for UCL. Just look at this nonsense format. How can you have 32 teams in one table and only play some of them? UEFA is doing absolutely the same thing as superleague, to generate as much money as expected. Players are already exhausted from the amount of matches and new formats/cups/competitions to play, yet they and FIFA want to introduce World Cup every 2 years, their greed is totally out of the mind.
enter image description here

Footy_watch 2 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

The new champions league format looks exciting to me. Its boring to keep things the same.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

That change in champions league format looks exciting to be me. Its boring to keep things the same

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Yeah, let's also make World Cup that way and play it in winter, right?

_Pelle_ 2 years ago

I wasnt too excited about it neither… but I also feel I need to have a closer look to really understand it well

DarthFooty 2 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

I see favorable schedules for teams in the top 6-8 through "random" draw, to assure their participation later in the competition. Those of lesser deemed position will be stuck to battle it out for the last spots to qualify and provide a path that is much more difficult to navigate.

How will this be different than how groups are arranged now? Oh, it's because it's one group now, and it gives the illusion that teams will be on a more equal footing. hahahahaha

Never mind the already stated fact that adding even more games for players is just awesome and perfectly healthy. Just watch, in five years players will all tap out at age 25 due to overuse as the body just breaks down. But gotta get that money, yo!

SunFlash 2 years ago
USA 19 3260

It's a tough scenario. Certain clubs (Barca, Real, Bayern, Juve, etc) have by and large outgrown their domestic leagues. This is observable through a variety of financial and performance indicators. The English Premier League is becoming a Super League due to their worldwide appeal and it's hard to blame these clubs for feeling as though they could be left behind.

To anyone who thinks that the Super League is a top heavy situation that prefers certain clubs hasn't been paying attention to the domestic leagues, but at least there is an illusion of potential there. It's tough for me to say one way or the other.

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

UEFA is doing basically same thing as superleague, except money goes to their pocket instead of clubs.

Algerino 2 years ago
Napoli, Algeria 6 845

The big difference would be that a superleague would be closed. UCL is not.

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

yeah, that's my only concern.

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

Can I just say that those project are completely forgetting about the players health? If the players play 4 more games in the CL in a few years and there a whole new competition in the Super League. Even with rotation of the squad, its not gonna be enough, players fitness will be in a terrible state.

I mean, Stamina will become single handedly the most important attribute of big teams player. Who care if you can dribble half the team or score a banger from outside the box if you too tired half of the season to even attempt stuff like that. Is that really the football we want or are heading for?