Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Supercup thought.
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

So, PSG won the French supercup 2-1 againt Monaco (Dani Alves was MOTM imo) and BVB lost the german supercup to Bayern in penality (Neuer wasn't Bayern goalkeeper though). Pretty interesting results so far if only because we see the results are pretty close, hopefully, it mean the race for first place will be interesting in Germany and in France. Anyway, we still have the Community Shield incoming tomorrow and the UEFA Super Cup in about 3 day. Any thought on the already done supercup and upcoming one?

Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Casemiro was offside, but I don't care, it was close enough. I was very annoyed by Isco being a little b*tch and falling over at the least amount of contact for 50 straight minutes.

Also, I would love to see Sun repeating that Isco sucks after that game. XD

This was the best game I've seen him play, which again speaks to how much he sucks. He did literally two positive things, scoring the goal and getting a single free kick in the attacking half. He won about five fouls in the defensive half or around the midway doing absolutely nothing but falling over at challenges that would be laughed at in the EPL. Vazquez was better when he was on.

As for United, I'm not mad we didn't beat the defending UCL champions. I am mad that we let them have so much of the game in the first half when we really didn't have to. I'm annoyed at Herrera for being not his usual self, and I'm furious that Lindelof even got the opportunity to start this game. I was optimistic when we brought him in, but I swear to god he's been responsible for at least one goal in every game he's played. Smalling was good. Lingard was not. Rashford was good. Lukaku did nothing except score a goal, so it's like Ibrahimovic 2.0. Pogba was...disappointing. All that talk about Matic (who was fantastic btw) giving him the license to roam didn't amount to really anything positive. That was very disappointing.

All said and done, not an unexpected result. Wasn't confident with Lindelof, and Isco's goal was a mix of luck and just a really good ball by Modric. Oh well. Not a worst case scenario, that's for sure.

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

A good start to the season imo. RM set a good benchmark for us to strive in this upcoming season, and it's like what Scholesy said after the game, 'some of the boys (Lingard, Pogba, Rashford, Martial, etc) are no longer working progresses; it's time to start delivering this season'.

I expect us to challenge for the title. We've made too much investments to not get anything positive. I expect a top 3 finish to be the bear minimum, other than that is totally unacceptable. I'm liking Matic a lot so far, and I hope he can help us greatly this season. Lukaku, I expect nothing but goals, goals, goals. Lindelof may also need a bit of time to adapt, but I think all will go well accordingly once Bailly gets back in; it's not the end of the world when we already have Smalling, Jones and Rojo as back up.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

A good start to the season imo. RM set a good benchmark for us to strive in this upcoming season, and it's like what Scholesy said after the game, 'some of the boys (Lingard, Rashford, Martial, etc) are no longer working progresses; it's time to start delivering this season'.

I expect us to challenge for the title. We've made too much investments to not get anything positive. I expect a top 3 finish to be the bear minimum, other than that is totally unacceptable. I also expect Martial and Rashford to start performing...and maybe Lingard for that matter, although I am still convinced by him at all despite some of the miracles he made in a few previous big games (not counting this recent one, ofc).

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

@sun why so negative? we only lost by 1 goal to the best team in the world and they had to score an offside goal to make that happen. In their last competitive game they beat Juventus 4-1. I don't think there is anything to be ashamed about losing 2-1 to real Madrid.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

It was an entertaining game.

We were seriously wasteful.. and in game like this we just can't afford to be that wasteful.

Lukaku was disappointing, like a mid-table team striker. I disagree with The Zlantan 2.0, at least Zlatan's action was somewhat a joy to watch.

Rashford is a young star, but his freekicks seem terrible these days and is he our best shot for that??? :O

Matic was greattttt!

AND WHY Pogba keeps starting on the LEFT????? Is Mou trying to be PEP right now?

• History

We were seriously wasteful.. and in game like this we just can't afford to loose.

Lukaku was disappointing, like a mid-table team striker. I disagree with The Zlantan 2.0, at least Zlatan's action was somewhat a joy to watch.

We were seriously wasteful.. and in game like this we just can't afford to be that wasteful.

Rashford is a young star, but his freekicks seem terrible these days and is he our best shot for that??? :O

Matic was greattttt!

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Well, Real was wasteful as well, but it was a good preparation both teams imo.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

@sun why so negative? we only lost by 1 goal to the best team in the world and they had to score an offside goal to make that happen. In their last competitive game they beat Juventus 4-1. I don't think there is anything to be ashamed about losing 2-1 to real Madrid.

Didn't think that was overly negative.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Without Matic United has no chance to do well, he is one of the key players in the squad actually.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Sunflash

This was the best game I've seen him play

Could it be you don't watch a lots of Madrid game. Every Real fan I know seem to think he is quite good.

Anyway, Isco aside, I thought Man United were incredible defensively, their pressing and their presence in midfield was great, wish they would have been more imaginative though toward the end of the game. :(

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

agree with Emo here.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Isco is better than every central midfielder in the PL except for maybe Kante, De Bruyne, Silva, and Pogba. I'm convinced that you don't watch RM games, @Sun. There isn't a single La Liga fan I've met who ever stated that Isco isn't a world-class player.

Golefty 7 years ago Edited
Toronto FC 27 1016

Madrid really did control the game which is why i think sun might be unhappy with the close tie, , isco was amazing, probably the best on the pitch

• History

Madrid really did control the game which is why i think sun might be unhappy with the close tie, aside from lukakus goal there wasnt alot of chances created, isco was amazing, probably the best on the pitch

Madrid really did control the game which is why i think sun might be unhappy with the close tie, aside from lukakus goal there wasnt a lot of chances created, isco was amazing, probably the best on the pitch

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Isco is better than every central midfielder in the PL except for maybe Kante, De Bruyne, Silva, and Pogba. I'm convinced that you don't watch RM games, @Sun. There isn't a single La Liga fan I've met who ever stated that Isco isn't a world-class player.

If I gave the context that if the game was called in a totally just manner (e.g. no diving, no soft fouls), which is my standard for the game, then Isco would be beyond awful and would have nothing to give to his team, would it help? Not trying to make you agree, just understand how I got there. I'm not joking, if the commentators replaced "great dribbler" with "diver" which is what he is, then no one would rate him at all.

Also, I watch 10+ Real games a year. We've been over this in other threads.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

Then I think it comes down to personal preference and taste.

For example for me, I enjoy football when it's not rush and kick. (let's ignore tactic for now) I love 1 2 1 2, and combining with super high ball control and technique is the best.

Lots of the considered great players in EPL is relatively crap to me... In my team now, it's Lukaku and Lingard.

So in that sense, personal preference, I think Isco is an amazing player.

But agreed, I hate A LOT OF Real and Barca players, for their diving, rolling on the ground, provoking etc...

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@tuan_jinn Agreed, beside, its sometime worse depending on the player and the time. I mean for exemple, I was a bit annoyed by Pogba reactions toward the end of the game but generally I'm cool with him. If he alway acted like that though, it would propably bother me. Same goes with some of those La Liga player, they aren't alway diving around like a bunch of dolphin and then jumping back demanding for a fool.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Real Madrid were toying at the first 55 minutes but ManU have pulled themselves together after that. It was a deserved win but I don't think ManU were too bad. They just have a couple too overrated players. Fellaini played great, interestingly.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

For Turkish Süper Cup:

but they'll get 2 games maximum. And I think they will find a way to ban us too lol.

They got 5 games ban but I was right, they also banned us for 1 game. For preventing Beşiktaş players to get beaten up or stabbed.

Imagine the scenes if Beşiktaş fans couldn't keep cool and attack as a whole.

• History

For Turkish Süper Cup:

but they'll get 2 games maximum. And I think they will find a way to ban us too lol.

They got 5 games ban but I was right, they also banned us for 1 game. For preventing Beşiktaş players to get beaten up or stabbed.

For Turkish Süper Cup:

Imagine the scenes if Beşiktaş fans couldn't keep cool.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Emrecan Man, they really need to take action about security in Turkey. :( Great to see Besiktas fan kept their cool though, could have been terrible if they decided to go aggressively about this.

• History

@Emrecan Man, they really need to take action about security in Turkey. :(