Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Summer Transfers
koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

So Arsenal have landed Podolski. It's confirmed. Now there are reports that we have "apparently" agreed on M'vila as well but I'm not sure. I personally believe we still need to bolster our defense and do away with Djourou and Squillaci and other fringe players. I'm looking at Vertonghen. I would dream for Hazard to come to us but I think he going to one of the Manchesters. 

A sad case for us is Park CY. He hasn't had any chances and it's just a good example of a panic transfer gone wrong. I'd prefer Vela back honestly. Benayoun's a model professional and his work rate is amazing and it would be nice to have him for free (I bet Wenger would love that).

Players I want out: Djourou, Squillaci, Denilson, Bentdner, Park and Chamakh.
Players I want in: Vertonghen, Hoilett, etc 

And fellow gooners what do you think of us taking Lukaku on Loan?  

Discussions for other clubs are more than welcome. 

Comments
Gojira 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 12 122

Lukaku on loan to us...Wenger's good with youngsters no doubt but my chelsea supporting friends tell me he may go to Bremen on loan as part of their Marin transfer deal. But with RVP and Podolski I doubt any striker will get a chance. I saw an article on Goal.com about the M'vila deal but I don't believe goal anymore.

GunnerGo 12 years ago
Arsenal, Venezuela 13 345

And remember that we have Joel Campbell on loan too, what is going to happen with him?
Vela won't come back, he has stated his desire to leave us, Park should go for his own good, he is a good player and i'm sure he would do a great job in another club. Squillaci, Denilson, Chamakh, Bendtner... all deadweghts that we have to rip off, i don't really like the idea of letting go Djourou but is a sentimental reason more than a footbalistic reason... I trust in Wenger for next signings, bringing Podolski is a proof of his desire of bring top class players. And your question about Lukaku, i really won't like the idea of bringing him i loan, because we'll probably have Campbell or another ST that wenger sign. and for the reason taht we weill make a player better for a rival club hahaha

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Fellow gooners, if you'd allow me, I'd like to make the following points: 
#1 - I don't think we need anymore strikers. I believe RVP (assuming he will stay), Podolski, and the introduction of Afobe would be an excellent line-up. Moreover, Chamakh may or may not stay and, to be fair, he's played well in the last 2 matches. I have so many mixed feelings about him but I'll spare that for another time. LAstly, Chelsea would never loan Lukaku to one of the closest rivals.
#2 - Regarding the loanees/deadwood/reserves: I feel that Denilson, Vela, & Bendtner must leave the club with immediate effect. Not just because they don't cut the mustard but also because they do not want to be there and the last thing we need is poisonous attitudes in the locker room.  Almunia & the Squid are both out of contract (thank GOD!) and will be on there way.
#3 - @gunnergo I completely agree about Djorou. BTW, did you know he's been there longer than any other senior player on the squad? He's a very nice guy and he always works hard but I'm just not sure how much better he's going to get. Also agree about Park. I fell terrible about that situation but I think he's as good as gone.
#4 - I THINK OUR #1 PRIORITY SHOULD BE GETTING A QUALITY CAM. We need someone with the skills & vision to break down a 10 man defensive wall. We used to be able to do that but are finding it hard after the departure of Cesc & Na$ri. FYI, a little birdie told me that Arsenal reps are monitoring the situation with Nuri Sahin at RM and are willing to table an offer if he's willing to leave.  But one good player that I think needs to be promoted next year is Ozyakup. He can fill this role and should be gradually eased in as a proper CAM's understudy.
#5 - In Regards to defense. Look, I would've loved for Wenger to make an offer for Vertonghen but that's not gonna happen. As for M'Villa, the rumours have been picking up but I've heard they're asking something in the range of 22 million Euros? I know that he is well-praised but, for me, that's too much for a young talent that hasn't proven himself on the big stage yet.  I'd be very surprised if the rumours were true and if they were, that Arsenal would spend that much on him. Plus we have Bartley coming back from loan.
Summary:
Players I want Out - Almunia, Squillaci, Denilson, Bentdner, Vela, Park
Players I'm on the fence about - Djourou & Chamakh
Players I want Promoted - Afobe & Ozyakup
Players I want to bring in - 1 CAM (ala Kaka) & 1 Defensive minded player.
Players I want to Keep - RVP, Song, Walcott, & Benayoun (all have to get their contracts sorted).

GunnerGo 12 years ago
Arsenal, Venezuela 13 345

@Footaholic
#1- Sorry if i'm getting to noisy about the thing but what about Campbell? you know that young Costa Rican striker who made a great performance against Spain in that freindly match, i really would like to know what future depart for him in our team. And about Chamakh i really don't have any feelings about him, yeah he played well and all but a deadwood is a deadwood my friend, we can't forget about his bad season just for 1 or 2 good performances in recent games.
#2- I agree with you in this point.
#3- I would really miss him if he leave, like Eboue, we are running out of this kind of players in the squad.
#4- We should totally get Kaka, i totally would give him a chance in the team, it's my personal opinion. Call me crazy but i don't like Sahin, for me he is an overrated player. You are right, besides Arteta we don't have a CAM who can replace him, Ramsey is not proving himself, i don't know if he needs time or that he won't get any better (i hope the 1st option). So Ozyakup maybe would be a good choice for us.
#5- In the M'vila situation, what i think is that Wenger will wait til the end of the Euros (or the end of France run in the Euros) to see for himself what he is capable of do, and then he will decide if he bids or don't bid for him, and really a shame that Wenger won't vid for Vertonghen, like you said before he would be a GREAT addition for us. I don't know who can come for this position (CB) but we NEED someone.

And get me out of doubts: Walcott didn't sign his contract yet?

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Arsenal have about 8 players returning from loan. Myaichi being one of them that impressed while at Bolton. He has incredible speed and should feature a few times this season. Frimpong and coquelin will also be available to use a defensive mids. Arsenal are indeed in need of a stable defence. Especially after bacary sagna's injury they will need to reinforce with stable and consistent player. 

ikoiko 12 years ago
Arsenal, Spain 53 853

UPDATE: M'Villa is "99% done with his transfer to Arsenal". Apparently  his transfer hangs on whether we make champions league football next season or not... But even if we didn't, i don't believe he would pass up such an opportunity. Contract is said to be for 4 years.

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Arsenal r definitely spending a lot this season. Hope they pay off

koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

@Gunnergo I forgot about our Campbell! We have a lot of young players Wenger needs to try out. Myaichi and the Ox on the wings. Sounds good. And I 100% agree on the promotion of our young players like Ozyakup (he's improved a lot) Afobe and Miquel.

ChelseaRox10 12 years ago
Chelsea, England U19 142 979

Kevin De Brueyne will come to Chelsea in the summer

Ronaldo-R9 12 years ago
Inter, Italy 19 337

Why so many strikers for Arsenal? RVP , Podolski , Gervinho , Arshavin , Chamakh , Oxlade-Chamberlain , Chu-Young , Miyaichi , Vela , Campbell , Denilson???? 11 strikers!!!

Ronaldo-R9 12 years ago
Inter, Italy 19 337

i mean 10 , i counted oxlade-chamberlain as 2 strikers :D

Ronaldo-R9 12 years ago
Inter, Italy 19 337

nevermind i mean 11 -_-

koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

Denilson is a central midfielder my friend and we want him out :D Myaichi, Gervinho and the Ox are more like wingers than strikers. Chamakh and Park aren't cutting it for us (they're like no strikers). I'm pretty sure Vela, Arshavin and Bendtner are not coming back. Park and Chamakh will probably leave and I want them to. Park should leave for the sake of his career and Chamakh should leave for the sake of us. So that leaves us with RVP, Podolski, and Campbell. 

Gojira 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 12 122

Don't forget Afobe...