Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Suarez departure
tiki_taka 3 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

This is the main reason why Messi is leaving, such a disgusting way to offload a legend... He is top 4 Barca all time goal scorers and was able to accept the bench IF someone could outplay him...

6 millions... His pricetag transfer, 14 games 16 goals...

Koman will never get my respect even if he lifts the Liga, which is unlikely by the way, high chances to get knocked out by mediocre PSG ATM...

Bartomeu and the board should have never been elected, MSN made the treble in 2015 the year of elections, and socios did the wrong voting... It was clear that we had unbalanced squad and a debut of crisis since on the pitch, once mascerano and Iniesta left, we relied on super Saiyan Messi mode winning the league but not CL because one game in CL ends your campaign.

I'm disgusted the way he left, I'm disgusted the price he left, the player he was subbed for, the coach we listened to... Fucking Everton bottler who cares about footballing legacy this board are retards La Porta brought pep and suddenly they think any ex Barca player is the man...

Few neutrals love Suarez, I do before joining Barca, the guy outside the pitch is a gem, married his girlfriend of childhood not some sort of wag, was dreaming of Barcelona since his girlfriend moved there and played football in the aim of joining her...

I'm really really disgusted by the way they rulled the club, we accepted the add on the shirt, the hype, the masia ignorance, the rockstar signings, but I'm done now because these retard gangsters got no ethics and no footballing knowledge...

Comments
amir_keal 3 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Wtf is up with some of the decision making at Barcelona? I understood the Dembele/Coutinho signings (Even though Griezmann then probably was the best option), then Neymar wants to come back and they don't sign him? Despite all the things he's done for them.

And you look at the things they've done aside from that, selling Suarez to a direct rival, he was inconsistent yes but he is still Suarez, and has his great moments. Arthur Melo is an excellent midfielder with an incredibly high ceiling, and they just trade him for Pjanic (??????), Malcom was sold for 40 mil but Trincao for 30 mil? Todibo wasn't given any chances and Barcelona failed to sign De Ligt. Busquets is still getting so many minutes, and for me he is finished.

I was worried about the way Barcelona was run for a long time, and now they are in big debt, I'm not really surprised tbh.

amir_keal 3 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Back on topic: I was also surprised with the transfer too. He wasn't prime Suarez for sure, but he was still world class, gave it his all for the badge and this was his reward. His treatment was honestly disgusted, and there was a video of him crying as he was leaving the training camp.

I have been critical of Suarez at times, but I never agreed with his transfer away from the club, let alone the manner it was in.

Suarez makes Barcelona a better side, his sale weakened them and strengthened Atletico.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

Yeah, really unclassy move from Barca toward Suarez, it felt like a last minute decision to cut wage but even so, it was done in such a disrespecful manner.

DarthFooty 3 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

Nothing like proving your old team wrong, especially when you play against them!

tuan_jinn 3 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Absolutely disgusted by some of Barca's management's decisions, actually recently most of them... :D

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Imagine Barcelona losing Copa Del Rey to Rakitic Sevilla, La Liga to Suarez Atletico and UCL to Neymar PSG.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy Lol yeah, heard that comment on reddit already. That would definetly be bad.

Footy_watch 3 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

I love it because this is what barca deserve partly due to cheating us almost every time we faced them in the UCL. They even had to cheat against us when they apparently had their best team ever. I hope their downfall continues and they get relegated soon

Marcus2011 3 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Barcelona are in deep financial troubles, they had to unload players, but the way Koman treated Suarez is puzzling to me. He is top scorer in La liga now.. and he couldn't even get proper farewell respect for the service he has done for the club.

I am telling you my friends, I have been watching football since late 90s and this is now pure business. These greedy money hungry people got into this sport and took its soul. I still believe football was for entertainment, and fans are consumers, but it was also about unconditional love fans gave to this sport and genuine care for the club, and its players. Now, they are abusing players, and turned them into disposable commodities. Football Federations told fans that they are merely consumers, so pay up high prices for tickets, merchandize, sport subscription, and annual season tickets, but don't say a word your team gets it and clubs have betrayed fans by siding with football federations becoming b*tch of Sport media all together.

Frustrating. Very frustrating. Idk how long fans will tolerate this, because they are literally turned something that is very dear to us to pure business. No kid grows up supporting Apple or Tesla, but we all did growing up supporting our favorite football club and player. Football is our religion, and these bastards are using our love for this sport to make money knowing that we won't betray our clubs.

Algerino 3 years ago
Napoli, Algeria 6 845

Suarez leaving is a big fail for barca and a big win for atletico. It feels like suarez was made into a scapegoat for their failures.

tiki_taka 3 years ago

Agree with most of your words, mate we defeated arsenal fair and square... Agree with the soul thing Marcus....

I told all my friends to bet on camp nou defeat without Neymar, defensively we could be trashed by any team with quick dribblers and good laterals, and we'll no fucking passion and no Intensity. In term of judging levels and quality, you rarely saw me getting wrong... From what I saw, Bayern will win it again.

Greatone 3 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

@marcus you're right on the money.

The dumbest part is that all the businessmen who use football purely to make money do it because there is money to be made, but the way they are treating and changing football, it will eventually turn people off football and then there won't even be money to be made in football. It's just such a stupid problem based purely on greed. They don't care at all about the long-term viability of the game so long as they are making their money now. It's a structural thing as well, everyone is forced to succeed now, so they can't develop players but they are also forced to make profits constantly like a publicly traded company, never minding the long term health of the business(football).

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus Completely true. Its digusting how thing are being done right now. When i first got into football, it wasn't that long ago, but most team still had some sort of ceremony for their club legend or loyal players. Nowaday, it doesn't matter where it is, we see that kind of thing less and less.

expertfootball11 3 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

But I'm kinda confused about how all of this started, yes there are poor results for more than 2 reasons, but what caused Suarez to be kicked out, is it because of Griezmann? Did he fall out of favour of Messi? I don't know much about the FCB case but the board gave too much power to players, who became like coaches by themselves, and when things go wrong, the board tries to retake power, but the players wouldn't listen anymore, so they dispose of them like garbage? Also, wages doesn't mean love for a player, if you pay a huge wage to a player, it means that you are captive to him in a way, and when Covid struck, just like any company, FCB had to cut expenses, so they probably said "either messi or suarez have to go"

tiki_taka 3 years ago

It's the opposite, Messi was the first pissed by Suarez departure, there was an internal war between Messi and the president, and I can assure you that Messi has more importance than the whole board, I don't think we will witness someone scoring 650 goals for the same club and he did it without being a 9...

Bartomeu wanted to ruin Messi reputation to get rid of him, but he couldn't. Messi was never a cause of crisis, he is involved in 60% of Barça income, his wages are deserved... How many people of you ( not Barca fans ) watched a Barca game to watch Messi ? How many became BArca fans thanks to Messi ?

Actually, the president knew he was being to be the asshole who let Messi leaving, best player of the league and club History, he got no choice... But they did the stupidest things to make him out of comfort.

Since Xavi departure and lately Iniesta, Messi got involved more as a leader, and he was asking for reinforcements we never had, we didn't needed rockstar signings, we needed key players in some key positions and a good coach, healthy atmosphere...

Rockstar signings exploded the salary cap and made all player wages on the rise, how can you deny a player who won 30 silverware the right to be paid at least like a 19 yo Dortmund fresh signing ? I'm jealous of Bayern's management, refused CR7, won't be Messi prétendent, no Neymar, no Mbappe and never put 100mil for any player, they do not go for hype but they sign well and smart and preserve an equilibrium in the dressing room...

We used to make players not buying them, Ansu Fati can be a Gnabry, at least as gifted as Dembele... We played 4 years with 15 players depth, and the few games/silverware we lost were injury/tiredness in key positions...

You will see, PSG won't pass quarters/semi, they defeated an average team, doesn't make them as strong as they looked, same for Mbappe, he was struggling all year, dribbling old pique or busquets is not an achievement...

Footy_watch 3 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

You kidding me, we are at the very least the second best team in the competition. You are still hurt from the embarrassment and I'm surprised you don't support psg as your second team when you support France

tiki_taka 3 years ago

I support Marseille, and Im not jealous or anything, Barca got the game in their hands but had many minutes of lack of concentration that could have costed them against an inoffensive Barça... PSG aren't consistent enough to win it...

I'm not against seeing a French club lifting it, but from what I've seen, PSG commit mistakes, and they will pay it cash Vs solid clubs