Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Standard of premier league football
Greatone 5 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

Is it just me or is the standard of the football actually getting worse? Or at least worse than the expected natural growth?

If we look at the rest of the teams apart from the top two (which is the yard stick that we usually discuss other leagues like la liga) it’s still very competitive which is what the BPL is known for but it seems like it’s because there’s been a drop in quality and class from the higher up teams as opposed to the middling teams getting vastly stronger.

Overall this makes the league weaker with the exception of man city and Liverpool. Am I wrong?

Comments
SuperFrankie 5 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Italy 1 75

It's not the case this season tho. Man City dropped points to a much inferior teams who didn't invest like them. Chelsea playing with the academy players and only 2 points below Man City. As for Liverpool, we all know how they will fall. They got lucky a lot of times so far this season against United and Chelsea. Spurs seem like they are just losing faith in Poch project. Arsenal are a mess. United lost their identity, they are playing like a new promoted club. No one is reminding them that this is Man United that was dominating the league or perhaps they forgot after a couple of bad seasons and just lowered their expectations and kept lowering it.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

It's not the case this season tho. Man City dropped points to a much inferior teams who didn't invest like them. Chelsea playing with the academy players and only 2 points below Man City. As for Liverpool, we all know how they will fall. They got lucky a lot of times so far this season against United and Chelsea. Spurs seem like they are just losing faith in Poch project. Arsenal are a mess.

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Yes, overall the gap is widening between the top and bottom clubs. Not sure why, but the risk of spending vs not spending for survival (T.V money) is becoming greater. Also the market is inflated 80m for Harry Maguire etc. Excuse my French but get f** I’m sorry.

So I think the standard is getting worse as clubs (bottom clubs) are not prepared to be paying obscene money for players in this 2019 football economy.

2cents.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

The big six is certainly having a tough time, would say Chelsea is actually doing pretty well considering they lost Hazard and are relying a lot on young player. City were unlocky to drop point from what I seen if I take the Tottenham game as example and Liverpool on the other hand have been rather fortunate to get point from every of their game.

The other 3, I agree with SuperFrankie, United are losing their identity, Arsenal still having up and down and Tottenham losing the CL final hit the moral harder than we thought it seem. Testing time for those 3, to be sure.

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Chelsea is actually doing pretty well considering they lost Hazard and are relying a lot on young player.

Chelsea almost doing a Tottenham. Outstanding academy players.

They do well in UEFA Youth Champions League and I always bet on that team 👌.