Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Spurs Watching Aspas
Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/Tottenham-Hotspur/Spurs-target-Aspas-1551896.html?#.USnqOqUsmtw

Tottenham are in the hunt to sign Iago Aspas and have asked Celta Vigo to name their price, according to reports in Spain.

Andre Villas-Boas is keen to land a new striker in the summer and Aspas, who attracted interest from Chelsea and Reading in January, is on his wanted list.

The Spanish side are keen to keep hold of the 25-year-old but realise they could be facing a losing battle as the player has an £8.3million release clause in his contract.

Tottenham are not willing to go that high and hope Celta Vigo will let Aspas go for closer to £6million. The Spanish side have already lined up Colo Colo star Carlos Munoz as a replacement and they could be open to letting him go if the price is right.

Aspas scored 25 goals in 37 matches last season and has eight in 19 games in this campaign so it is no surprise that Europe's top clubs are showing an interest in him.

Eeeeenteresting. This is a little more believable. Any thoughts from Celta fans?

Comments
AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

He seems a good striker I didn't know him tho I just checked this video :) good luck signing him! 

knibis 11 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

Then we are two fighting for him. But i have to say that we are closest atm though . If Celta is going out of Liga BBVA that is

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

It may come down to who is willing to offer the most for him. I did see an article where Valencia's president claimed he had struck a deal with Aspas to sign in the summer, but Aspas' agent rubbished it.

Then again, it could that his agent just wants to push up the price. ;)

knibis 11 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

he rubbished it if they (Celta) would to stay up. 

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

He is fast, thats for sure!

TheTruth 11 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 5 246

He's been having an amazing season so far! It's like Michu last year. He scored a goal again today in Celta de Vigo 2-1 Granada.