Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Spurs - Real Madrid thoughts
DChoff 6 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, Italy 2 191

Last night I was at Wembley to watch Spurs play Real Madrid. This season almost every team in the premier league have sat very deep against us and caused us a lot of frustration. I'm a season ticket holder at spurs and I can tell you that Wembley is completely different to the lane.

Last night we adjusted the way we play and set up to counter attack. What I witnessed was a tactical masterclass from Pochettino. We were solid defensively and we created more than our fair share of chances. It was an amazing performance from the team.

However I've woken up a little frustrated this morning. Instead of waking up to rightful praise for Mauricio Pochettino and his team, all I see is bitterness and people talking absolute nonsense.

Firstly, I see people claiming Spurs won because Real Madrid were not at full strength. Yes they were missing players, but this was still a side that boasted Ronaldo, Benzema, Kroos, Modric, Casimero, Isco, Marcelo and Ramos. Spurs won without, Wanyama, Son, Rose and Aurier. Our best defender Aldeweireld came off after 30 mins and we played for over an hour with a midfield 2 of Winks and Sissoko. Let that sink in. Winks and Sissoko vs Modric, Kroos and Casimero.

Secondly, people comparing Spurs and Man City's results. Man City are an incredible side and to beat a Napoli team who are playing extremely well right now is a great achievement. Especially in the San Paolo. City fans however were calling in to talksport and various other radio stations in the UK this morning claiming that their result was the better result last night...

Really??

Like I said full credit to City. Last night was a great result for them. For me they are the best side in the premier league this year and have a chance to go very far in the champions league. But please don't talk rubbish about last night. Spurs beat the reining European champions. A team that haven't lost a champions league group game since 2012. Don't try and tell me that Napoli are as good a side as Real Madrid. Even with Madrids so called "depleted team" last night you all would expect them to beat Napoli, and Spurs for that matter. Regardless, City's results don't concern me. I care about my club. Why are city fans getting annoyed that we are on all of the back pages? My point is though, why cant both teams just be praised for great performances?

Finally, the disrespect. If Manchester United/Manchester City/Chelsea won last night people would be talking about how they are now the best team in the world and go all the way in the competition. Let me point out now that I don't think for a second that we can win the Champions League but we deserve some respect for that performance last night and for how we have performed in the group stage this year. Placed in the so called group of death with Madrid and Dortmund. We were told we didn't have a chance yet here we are, already qualified with 2 games to go.

We'll probably lose to Crystal Palace on Sunday, but regardless of what happens going forward I'm proud of my team. We've come a long way since I was a little kid watching us finish mid table every season. We cant buy our way to the top like Chelsea and City. We don't have the history and the aura that surrounds Manchester Utd and Liverpool. We've got to where we are through hard work and determination. Yes we don't have many trophies to show for ourselves but I wouldn't change my club for anything in the world.

COYS.