Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Spoiler Button
Lodatz 6 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Is there any possibility of adding some kind of Spoiler button to the forum? That would allow us to post a bunch of info and charts etc without cluttering up the screen space of anyone else who doesn't want to wade through them.

For instance, I'm... discussing with Golazo111 in a thread about the PL big spenders, and want to show him some information about Chelsea's title winning squad last season. The thing is, the infographic file is rather large, as I'll demonstrate:

enter image description here

See what I mean?

To cut a long story short, the information is to demonstrate the truth of a claim made in the discussion, but I don't want everyone else to have to clutter up their screen with it if they'd prefer to just trust that I'm posting accurate information I can substantiate at any time. With a Spoiler button, each member can choose whether to expand or collapse this information.

Is such a thing at all on the cards? It might elevate discussions if we can start posting large amounts of information without necessarily slowing down threads.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Is there any possibility of adding some kind of Spoiler button to the forum? That would allow us to post a bunch of info and charts etc without cluttering up the screen space of anyone else who doesn't want to wade through them.

For instance, I'm... discussing with Golazo111 in a thread about the PL big spenders, and want to show him some information about Chelsea's title winning squad last season.

To cut a long story short, the information is to demonstrate the truth of a claim, but I don't want everyone else to have to clutter up their screen with it if they'd prefer to just trust that I'm posting accurate information I can substantiate at any time. With a Spoiler button, each member can choose whether to expand or collapse this information.

Is such a thing at all on the cards? It might elevate discussions if we can start posting large amounts of information without necessarily slowing down threads.

For instance, I'm... discussing with Golazo111 in a thread about the PL big spenders, and want to show him some information about Chelsea's title winning squad last season. The thing is, it's rather large.

See what I mean?

To cut a long story short, the information is to demonstrate the truth of a claim made in the discussion, but I don't want everyone else to have to clutter up their screen with it if they'd prefer to just trust that I'm posting accurate information I can substantiate at any time. With a Spoiler button, each member can choose whether to expand or collapse this information.

Comments
tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

That's an interesting suggestion.

I do sometimes find it unncessary to reload the whole pic of the original post or other again and again as we scroll through the thread pages.

A button of "Do not load images" would make sense, or only load in the page page the whole thing again, some mart algorithm there.

But I dont think this request would go high on the backlog of FR, there are probably a lot higher prio things to build first, but it worths the shot.

Lodatz 6 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Fair enough. I don't know how easy or hard it is to do these things. It was just an idea.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I also wish we had the choice for post to load either from oldest to newest (current format) or newest to oldest. It's a drag having to open a post then click the last page and scroll down especially when that post is active.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

This could be really helpful with gif thread as well because it take a really long time to load all the gif (even those you already seen). :D