Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Spanish media claim 'shameful' Euro 2020 is conditioned for England to win
Arshavin 3 years ago
Arsenal, England 4 48

One Italian outlet claimed this week that the “generous penalty” awarded to England in their semi-final against Denmark “confirms the suspicions of a return of favour” to Boris Johnson for his role in stopping the European Super League threat to UEFA.

What have Spanish media said about England reaching final?

And now Spanish TV show El Chiringuito have discussed whether UEFA are behind England reaching their first ever European Championship final.

Host Josep Pedrerol - a familiar face to most football fans following his incredible reaction to Eden Hazard sharing a joke with Kurt Zouma after Real Madrid were knocked out of the Champions League by Chelsea back in May - asked his colleague: “You think UEFA organised this for an England final?”

The journalist responded: “For me, this has been the most shameful competition that we have covered. It has been pathetic.

“We’ve had matches in cities that aren’t even European in any sense.

“We’ve got a final that was prepared for a country that left the European Union.

“It has been totally prepared. They’ve played every game at home except one.

“It has been totally conditioned for England.

“All that was missing was the help received today with the penalty in a game that was proving complicated.”

Ouch.

Watch the clip here (thanks to @ElChiringuitoEN for the translation)…

Comments
quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

UEFA have appointed the same VAR for the final who was involved in #ENG v #DEN. congrats england

_Pelle_ 3 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6884

I have always been pro VAR... but it has dissapointed me a bit too much lately.

Footy_watch 3 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1856

As far as I know the refs owe Italy game changing decisions to go against them, therefore it's a positive imo

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

In the early games of the tournament, I heard a lot of peoples saying the ref were goods and their use of VAR was great. Well not so much anymore.

expertfootball11 3 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

They want England to win... for political reasons, that I will not explain here.

SunFlash 3 years ago
USA 19 3260

In the early games of the tournament, I heard a lot of peoples saying the ref were goods and their use of VAR was great. Well not so much anymore.

Tbh a lot of that was because VAR wasn't making game altering decisions, often just leaving it in the hands of the ref for PKs and instead monitoring offsides. There were a LOT of pens that would've been called in the Premier League that weren't in the group stages, and people liked that the VAR was sticking with the ref.

However, sticking with the ref becomes a problem when it actually should be overturned, as in the semi-final.

Long story short, people were happy with VAR because it did exactly what it did in the semi.