Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Spain's midfielders
Croatian 7 years ago Edited
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

So basically they can play 6 midfielders and no strikers in system and it would still look good... it's insane how many options are possible but I wanna know who should actually be in their midfield? I mean like, first choice or something? Wanna know so I can see your preferences and maybe start a bit of discussion.

Quickly: Iniesta, David Silva, Thiago, Busquets, Fabregas, Cazorla (well won't be active in NT anymore), Isco, Mata, Bruno, Koke, Herrera, Valero, Gabi, Viera, Iborra, Benat, Trigueros, Mesa, Camacho, Saul, Illaramendi, Ceballos and few more players.

Against Italy they played 433 with midfield Iniesta-Busquets-Koke and attack Asensio-Silva-Isco. Basically no real attacker except Asensio. And they dominated Italy (although Ventura's tactics were big fail too). Against Macedonia Costa played but Iniesta was on wing, Silva too, and midfield was Thiago, Isco and Busquets.

Option 1:
Asensio-Morata-Suso/Callejon
----Alcantara-Busquets-Isco----

Option 2:
--------Asensio-Morata-Isco--------
Alcantara-Busquets-Iniesta/Silva

Imo option 1 is kind of perfect for them, they would have one CDM who knows how to control game (they can replace him with Mesa or Herrera). Thiago offers more control and offensively helps system too (not to mention his workrate in defence) and then Isco who would create everything they lack. Suso and Asensio can widen the play and they have good chance creators and scores from every position.

Basically it's insane that even with this they would have Fabregas, Mata, Koke, Herrera and Saul on bench.

Do you agree?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So basically they can play 6 midfielders and no strikers in system and it would still look good... it's insane how many options are possible but I wanna know who should actually be in their midfield? I mean like, first choice or something? Wanna know so I can see your preferences and maybe start a bit of discussion.

Quickly: Iniesta, David Silva, Thiago, Busquets, Fabregas, Cazorla (well won't be active in NT anymore), Isco, Mata, Bruno, Koke, Herrera, Valero, Gabi, Viera, Iborra, Benat, Trigueros, Mesa, Camacho, Saul, Illaramendi, Ceballos and few more players.

Against Italy they played 433 with midfield Iniesta-Busquets-Koke and attack Asensio-Silva-Isco. Basically no real attacker except Asensio. And they dominated Italy (although Ventura's tactics were big fail too). Against Macedonia Costa played but Iniesta was on wing, Silva too, and midfield was Thiago, Isco and Busquets.

Option 1:
Asensio-Morata-Suso/Callejon
----Alcantara-Busquets-Isco----

Option 2:
--------Asensio-Morata-Isco--------
Alcantara-Busquets-Iniesta/Silva

Imo option 1 is kind of perfect for them, they would have one CDM who knows how to control game (they can replace him with Mesa or Herrera. Thiago offers more control and offensively helps system too (not to mention his workrate in defnece) and then Isco who would create everything they lack. Suso and Asensio can widen the play and they have good chance creators and scores from every position.

Basically it's insane that even with this they would have Fabregas, Mata, Koke, Herrera and Saul on bench.

Do you agree?

Comments
Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Dynastian As someone who doesn't watch Atletico Madrid or many Spain game, can someone
tell me a bit about Saul playstyle? The only thing that really strike me about him was that sick goal against Bayern and the better call Saul meme afterward. XD

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Dynastian As someone who doesn't watch Atletico Madrid or many Spain game, can someone share tell me a bit about Saul play style? The only thing that really strike me about him was that sick goal against Bayern and the better call Saul meme afterward. XD

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Saul is very versatile he fits well in midfield 442 wide. Thing is Koke is also versatile and he is probably more experienced for the role of CMD, he was good box-to-box in 433 and good as wide midfielder in 422, both players like to run with the ball and can produce assists and goals.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Spain and Germany will be an interesting game if that happens!

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Golefty I would to see a semi or a final with those two. :D