Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Sorry Messi!
ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Lionel Messi has been showered with praise after establishing a new world record by scoring 86 goals in a calendar year.

Regardless of what you might think of calendar year as opposed to season-by-season records - our blogger Early Doors certainly did not approve

Yet it seems that Messi's latest entry in the footballing record
books might have to be scrubbed out: the Zambian FA have claimed that
one of their own legendary strikers put the Barca star's tally in the
shade way back in 1972.

Godfrey 'Ucar' Chitalu scored an astonishing 107 goals for Kitwe
United that year, the same year that Mueller hit the previous mark of

1. Yet while Muller was feted for his brilliance, Chitalu was not
    recognised outside his homeland and it is the German's record that has
    stood for the last 40 years.

After a glittering career on the pitch, Chitalu was awarded a FIFA
special award, and went on to become Zambia coach until he was
tragically killed in the 1993 plane crash that wiped out an entire generation of the national team's finest footballers.

The Zambian FA are now trying to bring Chitalu the recognition he
deserves for his achievement by trawling their archives for evidence of
the 107-goal haul.

"We have this record, which has been recorded in Zambian football,
but unfortunately it has not been recorded in world football," a
spokesman told the Soccer Laduma website.

"Even as the world has been looking at Lionel Messi's record,
breaking Gerd Mueller's, the debate and discussion back here has been
why Godfrey's goals are not being recognised.

"What we are doing is, we have commissioned an independent team
locally to go back into the archives and record minute by minute each of
those goals.

"The team that we have put together is going to calculate all of
those goals, recording whichever game or tournament they were scored in,
we will then send that to CAF and FIFA so that we can show that, while
Messi's record is there, while Mueller's record is there, the actual
record holder in terms of goals per calendar year is actually an
African, it's actually Godfrey Chitalu."

The Zambian FA have also reportedly contacted FIFA who said they had
heard of Chitalu's claim and are "checking on it internally".

Comments
MessiDona 11 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 19 248

hmm not sure, i could be way off.. but i kinda smell Pele in all of this. I feel like he has a part in bringing this up or talking to people about it

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

@MessiDona,

This isn't your thread.. Wait, what? Do I smell.. Oh..

MessiDona 11 years ago

^terrible diss. Your garbage, atleast learn to talk shiit before you do it

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

Someone are touched.. I know I'm not the guy to talk about this, but why did you reply to PuppetMaster like the thread was yours? Why am I even asking..

MessiDona 11 years ago

uhhh.... I didnt reply to anyone - ramaboy a fellow footyroomer/barca fan opened up a discussion and i put in my input/opinion.
You're a retard, stop talking... you cant even speak or understand english. 

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

How come you're so incredibly disrespectful? You say I can't speak or understand English? Well, I could find plenty of spelling mistakes in your empty thrash.

PuppetMaster 11 years ago
England 15 331

just to clarify thing i didnt ask ramaboy that question actually im curious why they brign this up when messi broke the record they could have claim it last year or 2-3 years ago? 

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Because no-one would have cared, if it wasn't in danger of being broken. They chose now, because now everyone's talking about the record.

Jeffrey_Hazard 11 years ago
Chelsea, France 81 456

MULTI ACCOUNT SPOTTED,MULTI ACCOUNT SPOTTED,MULTI ACCOUNT SPOTTED,MULTI ACCOUNT SPOTTED,MULTI ACCOUNT SPOTTED,THE PROOF IS THERE,SCROLL UP

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

If it is true and that record stands then it's an up and down thing. It's crazy someone scored over 100 goals in a year but look at the level he was playing. Messi has done it playing in Spain and Europe. 

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

Exactly what I was hinting too, Jeffrey. They're both supporting Barca.. Nah, I'm not the one to accuse people, especially not for having multiple accounts.

Jeffrey_Hazard 11 years ago
Chelsea, France 81 456

isnt thhat more than enough proof?well i not want to accuse people too.We'll see what other people think

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Aw for f*cks sake... now people think I am MessiDonna?? Golden I expect better from you but Hazard this is your dail job anyway

expertfootball11 11 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

The difference between Messi and other players like Pelé, Gerd etc... is that they did amazing in their clubs, and gave IMPORTANT WINS for their national teams. Messi might have scored 4 or 3 times for Argentina, but he didn't give much for important matches. Like 2010 world cup. Sorry, but he was shit.

It is the same for Ronaldo.

MessiDona 11 years ago

God damnit, jeffrey and golden seriously how old are you guys ? i'm expected below 14 years old. 
From seeing your latest posts Jeff, you never have anything useful to say and ask redundant and useless discussions/questions all the time that have either been posted up before or answered.. And worst of all you make up random accusations like an attention seeking whoree. 
get a life a bro 

BidoneCR7 11 years ago
Real Madrid, England 2 17

For all the people that think Golden multi accounts as well, there so no threat of him being exposed and since I'm his other half, this is not considered multi accounting. @expertfootball, I see you are an expert in football but are you an expert in astronomy as well? I think the stars say this is 2012 not 2010 or is it that you initially posted it in 2010 and the internet lag made it come today?

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Flamengo is now claiming Zico scored 89 goals in the 70s

PuppetMaster 11 years ago
England 15 331

everyone is claiming that they have scored more goals than messi in a calendar year. i wouldnt be surprise if pele go on tv and declare i have scored more goals than messi in a calendar year which he did in 60s. 

MessiDona 11 years ago

^seriously dude i dont know why but i think pele has a part or influence in people making these claims. I wasnt pretty confident in this radical thought at first but pele of course would do anything to stop from his name going under messi. Now Zico from BRAZIL is claiming this too... hmm i may be way off but i smell a conspiracy