Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Some confusion
amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

For Euro 2016, qualifiers started in 2014 September. The qualifiers therefore should have started, yet the draws haven't even been made. I'm finding it hard to understand why, and I'm struggling to find any articles related to this topic. Anyone mind dropping an article or an explanation? Cheers in advance!

Comments
tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Did you checked UEFA.com ?

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Oh yeah, I remembered seeing a thread about this in the past. Had no idea they were making this thing a reality, its going to be pretty hardcore. My only problem is that I find the whole thing a bit complicated to understand fully.

amir_keal 6 years ago

tiki_taka

Yeah I did, I'm still a little confused though lol.

Gennady + DannyZeek

Ok, there are 10 groups, and the top 2 teams of each group will go through. That makes 20 teams. Rather than the playoff, will they use the Nations League as a way to get into the tournament? So for example, if the Netherlands get 3rd in the group of qualifiers but are the only team to fail to get into the Euros for the actual qualifiers in League 1, then would they automatically go into the Euro 2020 because of their League? Then maybe 2 teams from League B, and the highest team from League C? Am i on the right track here?

Emobot7

My only problem is that I find the whole thing a bit complicated to understand fully

Same, but we will get used to it. I'm happy that they are making these friendlies more interesting. Pros and cons, but I'm not sure which outweighs which at the moment.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Anyway, I find this video:

And for some reason, there is still a lot I don't get. :(

Anyway, still glad since it will obviously replace international friendly with more meaningfull game but I wish they would have made it more obvious as to how the qualifying work from there.

DannyZeek 6 years ago
5 31

These rules maybe set by some "Tout De France" sports strategic team.

ICYDN: TOur De France has most complex rules & regulations.

amir_keal 6 years ago

I don't see the link between Tour De France making football rules, but I do think it is really intense.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@amir I think he meant to say its really complicated, similar to tour de france, but I have no idea to be sincere.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@amir I think he meant to say its really complicated.