Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

So why Americans are mediocre at football?
Marcus2011 6 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Your opinion. Here is the video to get the ball rolling. Before you make jokes about England, remember we already make fun of ourselves plenty enough so back off, this is the topic about US football.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Your opinion. Here is the video to get the ball rolling. Before you make jokes about England, remember we already make fun of ourselves plenty enough so back off, this is a topic about US football.

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Tuanis Darth does come from the US, he actually is very close to the sport in the country because of his experience and current work I believe.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Tuanis Darth does come from the US, he actually is very close to the sport on the continent because of his experience and current work I believe.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Never going to happen. The NCAA is collegiate athletics, the only requirement is to be a student at a participating institution. For that to change, the NCAA would likely have to become professional, which they would never do - because then they'd actually have to pay the players.

DarthFooty 6 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1100

I agree with SunFlash in that it wont happen. The NCAA would lose out on profits because of it's collegiate requirements currently preventing players from getting paid. It is a very greedy organization, one which wont threaten to lose major income in the current form.

Now, I preach to any who will listen that good players should skip college soccer and look to go pro either overseas, or within the academies established through the MLS. They "waste" 2 to 4 years of time in development with college teams, mostly because the level is not as high as people think, and the coaching around those levels begs for more. In those years, you risk a lack of development for the global game and also injury. Sure you can get hurt at any time really, but what did you gain by starting in university first, outside hopefully and education?

The bad part is, education, which I hope all young people strive to complete at the highest levels they can. I dont want their choice to disregard school just to go play ball. I hope they can find a balance, especially with how much you can get done online today.

Youth clubs are signing up with big clubs all over the world now. A local club just signed with AS Roma's academy, and other clubs in the areas affiliate with other professional systems. From there, why go to college and give away years of true development to play?

The other bad part about all this is how the club structure is so much pay to play that it hurts those who cant afford it. I have played with some sick players who never played Pro ball. They either couldnt do it at the time cost wise, or life in general, or they were not interested because they had better things happening.

I have also played with players who were absolutely garbage, yet had the money and connections to stay with teams that should have never of considered that player in the first place.

Money talks!

Just my opinion of course. lol

SarriBall 6 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

Because they play it with the hand 'duh' that's a handball and you can't do that in football.

_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6888

Some handballs are allowed though in football/soccer :)

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@Sun Black Us people have some kind of Atheltic edge on their counterparts, not only white Us people. they are taller than black African people and it has a historical explanations and its related to Genetics....
The fastest are mailny US and Jmaican, last time a white won 100 meters ?

Also due to Genetics its easier for black people to get six packs, some gor them without training.... Im not generalizing you will alays find exceptions and like Dynast said if we talk only about Basketball, finding an explosive tall white player even if i dont see one wont change the fact that black people dominate the game physically...

In Kenya, they are 1500m,3000m,mile masters while Ethipians master 5000m, 10000m and Marathon. due to Geography Ethipians got bigger lungs than us and most of Marathon pro goes there to intensificate trainings....

In Kenya, an average Kenyan may win an amator race in France, they got roads in midle of Savanas and they were used to run for security reasons for centuries....

I agree on the culture, but genetics matter. I can give you examples of genetic edges of nations there are so many....