Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

So about the Diego Costa situation.
iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Costa's still at Chelsea...not a very good start to the season.

It all started from a text Conte sent to all his players after an amazing first start to his Chelsea tenure - a long holiday well deserved for the entire squad, except for Diego, who was given the boot in a pathetic and unprofessional manner. Bad move on Conte's part, after all the services Costa gave to the club, but it doesn't justify how much of a c*nt Costa really is and here's why.

Before the season even began, Deigo went back home in Brazil to keep a low profile, until a persistent journalist did us all a favour and decided to pay him a visit in order to clear things up. Photos of Costa sitting on his couch and watching his team lose @ home for the first time in 18 seasons, is none other than disgraceful display for any professional. Player power has become a huge problem in modern football, and D. Costa is displaying it as clear as water.

In the interview, he claimed that he was prepared to stay in Brazil for a year. After the loss against Burnley, Chelsea demanded him to fulfil his current contract, and to return in order to stay match fit. I see this as a reaction from their loss, but I also think it may because Chelsea's squad is very thin at the moment. Another way of seeing this is, of course, with hopes of Athletico Madrid coming to sign him back after their ban is lifted, which he desires.

Thanks to that journalist, we now know Diego's intentions, but the way he has aggravated this entire situation makes you wonder whether you really want to have him in your squad, not as a footballer, but as a person.

It's quite sad to see no loyalty these days. Man Utd is no different, but this situation is highlighting Chelsea's reputation, but even worse, Conte's. Just as a professional, I worry that Conte's career @ Chelsea will end bitterly, and it won't be any different to previous managers under Abramovich's model. His model doesn't seem built on long-term careers for any manager who takes over.

This really makes me wonder whether there needs to be a change in football's hierarchy. Who really is to blame here? Not just the clubs, but should the FA too start stepping fourth and begin reinforcing the importance of club contracts by applying hefty fines for any players who don't honor their contracts. Would love to hear your thoughts on this matter.

Source:
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40930296

Comments
Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

+1 to tiki spot on this.

We have this aura about players as if they are all humble guys and great people to be around. It takes some c8nt personality at times to achieve things that they have.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

So Costa is going to Atleti. Looks like he's pretty happy about it.

enter image description here

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash Lol, but yeah, seem like it happening, happy for him, hopefully, Chelsea will get a decent amount for him. ;P

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

How about now?

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@Sun I'm really sad after that gif. It's a gypsy from our country who was so popular, they were making tons of videos and made people laugh. Then one day he just disappeared, his own family sold him to Netherlands for some money, and only god knows if he is still alive :(

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

To the Netherlands? Where???

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

No one knows :(