Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Sir Alex Ferguson went to Old Trafford to meet Alexis Sanchez this morning
Gennady 6 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

Sir Alex Ferguson went to Old Trafford to meet Alexis Sanchez this morning

Alexis Sanchez is moving to Man Utd from Arsenal and Sir Alex Ferguson has already greeted the Arsenal player.

United were heavily linked with a move for Sanchez in the 2011 summer transfer window, particularly after Ferguson eulogised the then-22-year-old in September 2010.
"We have looked at Sanchez and he has impressed us, as have other players," Ferguson was quoted as saying by the News of the World in 2010. "He has had very good games and is an interesting project.
"We have gathered some background, as with other footballers at his level, but nothing more than this for the moment.

enter image description here

enter image description here

Comments
amir_keal 6 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

You seem really hyped lol, and I'm here super sad.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

You seem really hyped lol

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@amir Who know, maybe Henrikh will fit more at Arsenal and Sanchez won't perform so well at United. It could work better for Arsenal at the end of the day. :P

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@EMO: COMONNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

Zeshii 6 years ago
Manchester City, Canada 0 112

@Emobot7
Exactly. I feel like people should entertain that possibility, no matter the probability

amir_keal 6 years ago

The deal is finally done

Emobot7

Sanchez was so good though, it will be really hard for Mkhitaryan to get to Sanchez’s level. At least it better than nothing though, just hoping Mkhitaryan is actually consistent and not a 1/5 player.

Gennady 6 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

Of course I'm very happy, we got one of the best players in the world.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Now that is a statement transfer from United.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@tuan Arsenal need it more than you guys right now. :P

@Gennady I just hope he feel more happy at United, that is how he'll perform at his best level. Just hoping that doesn't ma boi Martial from getting plenty of game time.

Tiki_taka10 6 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 2 88

The gold digger argument is wrong for me. Arsenal fans should open their eyes.
Nasri wanted to win the league, he went and won. Same for RVP and now same for Sanchez. The guy is tired qualifying to CL to draw Bayern and run in every part of the pitch and still doesn’t win something with his club. With Chile he is part of a Historical national team, a legend in his country. He wants more in personal level in club.
Sanchez is a competitor, 200%. Now when you know you cant make it to CL or barely last year, you have to extend your best player contract and offer him a lot of money and a promise of signing other stars.
You can’t finish 6th buy only Kolasinac and Lacazette who for me the only okay player to get signed since Sanchez arrival and ask him to stay.

While More ambitious clubs are smelling the opportunity and bringing him for free with big wages and big bonuse. He is worth 120 mil + bonus in this inflated market if he signed a contract extension with Gunners. And they would have probably closed doors for this move.

I completely understand the player, he has the right to claim money since he is offering himself for free or almost ( Mkhytarian is a Mou reject it’s a fact ) the switch to save the face is not saving anything for me, even if Henrick is a player i like, Arsenal battle is lost outside the pitch and Wenger/players/fans can’t do much.
Well done Mourinho. Getting stronger, preventing the noisy neighbor for getting even more stronger and weakning a long term rival image on the market.

• History

The gold digger argument is wrong for me. Arsenal fans should open their eyes.
Nasri wanted to win the league, he went and won. Same for RVP and now same for Sanchez. The guy is tired qualifying to CL to draw Bayern and run in every part of the pitch and still doesn’t win something with his club. With Chile he is part of a Historical national team, a legend in his country. He wants more in personal level in club.
Sanchez is a competitor, 200%. Now when you know you cant make it to CL or barely last year, you have to extend your best player contract and offer him a lot ignored money and a promise of signing other stars.
You can’t finish 6th but only Kolasinac and Lacazette who for me the only okay player to get signed after Sanchez and ask him to stay.

While More ambitious clubs are smelling the opportunity and bringing him for free with big wages and big bonuse. He is worth 120 mil + bonus in this inflated market if he signed a contract extension with Gunners. And they would have probably closed doors for this move.

I completely understand the player, he has the right to claim money since he is offering himself for free or almost ( Mkhytarian is a Mou reject it’s a fact ) the switch to save the face is not saving anything for me, even if Henrick is a player i like, Arsenal battle is lost outside the pitch and Wenger/players/fans can’t do much.
Well done Mourinho. Getting stronger, preventing the noisy neighbor for getting even more stronger and destroyed a long term rival image on the market.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@tiki I guess what make him look worse is that while he has been linked with a move away of Arsenal for a while now. He was only really seriously linked to United recently, wich make the transfer seem a bit worse than if he went to City who clearly look like the better side if you want to compete for the league.

amir_keal 6 years ago

Emobot7

I guess the other city players would have a problem if he came and became their highest paid player. It was better they waited until summer.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@amir To be fair, they did spend a lot in the summer and they really didn't needed to reinforce any of the position Sanchez can play at imo. People say City spend crazy amount but they can be reasonable and set their limit if they actually want to.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

The gold digger argument is wrong for me. Arsenal fans should open their eyes. Nasri wanted to win the league, he went and won. Same for RVP and now same for Sanchez

Why didn't he go to Bayern or City then? Oh wait, because not even City wanted to pay him that much + to spend that amount of money on a player who would be free in 5 months.

He can ask whatever he wants, sure, but if you claims he wanted EPL title that much, he could have just asked for a lower signing fee and get it instantly with City now.

amir_keal 6 years ago

History is irrelevant, can’t believe United fans still talk about it. As for Bayern being trash, they have bigger chances of UCL than United that’s for sure

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy Agreed, I even heard rumours one of the reason he didn't want to stay at Arsenal wasn't only the team form and poor results but also the fact they didn't wanted to give the wage he wanted.

uncle_touchy 6 years ago
Manchester United, England 3 123

Lol this mod emobot goes be warned like anyone is scared of him. My comment should stand since that guy (not mod who thinks he's cool) arsenal angry fan is gonna troll every Manchester game. Either bashing on the team or on Sanchez. Yes bleach comment was funny but is joke!^_^

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

There is a fine line between banter and trolling or rude comment. This site we do not accept trolling. If you see something consider trolling, report it.

Your comment above isn't so nice. Take a warning please.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@uncle I don't warn people because I think they are scared of me, I do it because I want to give them a chance to understand when they are going too far. Also, you seriously should try to understand how a community work. Active user who have been active for a long time and have brought a lot to a forum or site usualy get more respect than people who are still new or haven't commented a lot. So when the later bash the former, its make it a lot harder to have any sympathy for the newer, less active user.

• History

@uncle I don't warn people because I think they are scared of me, I do it because I want to give them a chance to understand when they are going too far. Also, you seriously should try to understand how a community work. Active user who have been active for a long time and have brought a lot to a forum or site usualy get more respect than people who are still new or haven't commented a lot. So when the later bash the former, its make it a lot harder to get any sympathy to the newer, less active user.