Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Simeone hints at Fernando Torres move
AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

It remains to be seen whether Atletico Madrid have the financial resources to sign the attacker, but their coach would welcome his former team-mate with open arms

Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone has hinted the Primera Division side could make a move for Chelsea attacker Fernando Torres in the summer transfer window.

The Spain international's future at Chelsea is in doubt as he continues to struggle at last year's Champions League winners, and a shock return to Atletico could be on the cards if it is up to Simeone.

"Fernando Torres is currently playing for another team. We have to wait for the season to finish and decide which of the available players could come here and do a good job," the Atletico coach told Onda Cero.

"Fernando knows about the club's history, what it means to play here and I don't need to speak about his ability. 

"We were team-mates [from 2003 until 2005]. I know how important he can be."

Simeone also had his say on the Rojiblancos' current star player Radamel Falcao, and insisted he does not know whether the striker will leave the club this summer.

"I'm not Falcao and I'm not his agent. I'm the manager and have the utmost respect for him, because he gave me so much at River Plate and has done the same here," he added.

"He always gives his all and I really respect players who do that. But everyone makes their own decisions in life. Every person is different, and we have to respect each other."

Falcao is continually being linked with a move to Chelsea, while Paris Saint-Germain are believed to be keeping tabs on the Colombia international, too.

That would really be the ideal deal for us. If Torres is included in Falcao's deal. Because i think It's Falcao who will make it to our starting XI next season and we are so close to get him.

But for you guys who do you think is better "Falcao or Cavani?" I know both of them are a great strikers but who would fit more in Chelsea's current football style?

Comments
raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I think Chelsea will attempt a 30M pounds + Torres for Falcao. Knowing Atletico they will take that deal. Chelsea need a #9 and Falcao is one of the best. 

As for Cavani versus Falcao I think they are pretty even. Too hard to pick one. 

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Today I read this rumor too.. erm I hope he won't go to Man city and I hope that this is a false rumor.. as for Cavani I really like both of them and both of them would fit in our squad. 

Falcao set for Man City after snubbing Chelsea

Manchester City are now favourite to sign Radamel Falcao in the summer after the Atletico Madrid striker told his club he does not want to move to Chelsea.

Source: Daily Mirror

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

^not sure where Falcao will end-up but he would def. be a better fit for Chelsea than Cavani. 
I honestly love Cavani, and would want my club to do anything to get him (but that is never going to happen, so let me stay on topic). He is better suited to playing off a CF or playing as an "inside forward" as he does in Napoli. I think Chelsea are already stocked in those positions so I wouldn't see him as a good fit at all.

@raimondo: I disagree. I don't think there's any way Atleti would take that deal. Considering the clubs that are in for him, they could probably get a solid 50m pounds for Falcao. They need that money badly and wouldn't value Torres at anything near 20m pounds. Honestly, I'm not sure if he's even going to go back there, but if he does, it'll be at a cheaper price than that and it'll be an after-thought to the Falcao deal.

Did I mention I love Cavani?

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@Foot, the thing is if it had been any other player then true the deal wouldn't happen. But Torres is a fan favorite at Atletico and the club really like him. We will see what happens in the transfer window.

MRarsenal500 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 59 741

if i was the Atletico chairman/ manager id just take the money not money + torres!

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@Footaholic I love Cavani too, even a bit more than Falcao :) but who knows i mean to get torres back to Atlatico for 15 millions it's kinda a good deal for them. As what raimondo90 said Torres is a fan favorite at Atletico and the club really like him. Who knows maybe he will get his form back in Spain.

FredTilson 11 years ago
Manchester City, France 61 769

He's loved at Atleti. Torres + Cash for Falcao seems to be a realistic possibility to me.

Oxlade_Chamberlain 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 0 4

I dont think fernando Torres will change even if he moves to Spain.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

He should join them again

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

I would be more than happy if Torres goes back to Atlatico Madrid because I really feel sorry for him. Sometimes i think that our formation doesn't suit him well 4-2-3-1 I mean we are giving him a lot of responsibility that he can't take. Not every striker can play in this kind of formation. Only a very skillful players with a hunger to score could. Drogba did well in that formation and I believe Falcao would fit too.