Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Should Arsenal line up for Gündoğan?
quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Arsene Wenger has reiterated his desire to sign a defensive midfielder during the January transfer window, and one man who could fulfil that role is Borussia Dortmund’s Ilkay Gundogan. The Germany international is out of contract in 18-months’ time and German media claim he is not willing to extend his stay at the Signal Iduna Park, which is currently to summer 2016. His price is currently about £16m, which in "Wenger range" (hope so).
Will Wenger move for him? Can he be the right piece to our defensive midfield? I would take this 9/10.
Thoughts? (would like to hear opinions specially from Arsenal fans)

Comments
Jimbet 9 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

he's injury prone even at BVB. if he come to us he will stay in the injury list like forever. LOL. we already got young CDM. plus wasn't chambers will be mould into a CDM? we need a CDM and 2 CB. 2 solid CB.

HorseAFC 9 years ago
60 798

@Jimbet We only need one CB if you ask me. Koscielny is solid!

HorseAFC 9 years ago
60 798

We do desperately need a CDM.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Risky bargain imo, he looks far from his old form, Arsenal needs certitude not bargains, its not the moment to try if it will work or not...

I heard of Loic Perin, Saint Etienne player likely to come, same thing, Arsenal should stop bargaining until they secure a strong sarting XI.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I would like to have him, we definitely need a CB, can't rely on Arteta/Flamini.
@Jimbet I think it would be great if Chambers will stay for now as a RB/CB, he can do it as a CDM of course but I wouldn't let him to play there normally.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@tiki_taka Perin is a center-back but I not heard about him until these "rumours" so I have no idea who is he.

tiki_taka 9 years ago

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Nope, don't need more players who lead this team to 4th. Need players that improve the chances on winning the league & UCL.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Seems like he likes diving headers! Well anything is better than Mertesacker.

Jimbet 9 years ago Edited

agree with decenK. we got good offensive players. what we need is better defensive players than we have currently. i know Koscielny is back with his good form. but the bad side is when he is injured. plus BFG is slow. against fast pace team like chelsea. we are penetrable. EASILY by Hazard etc. so chambers will be a decent CB in the future. We need replacements NOW. we dont need 1 for the future bullshit from wenger no more. im not against him. but like decentK said. we need to get better than 4th place. Players that can bring us improvement. 1 CDM and 2 CB. i dont want monreal to cover the CB spot. :(

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

agree with decenK. we got good offensive palyers. what we need is better defensive players than we have currently. i know Koscielny is back with his good form. but the bad side is when he is injured. plus BFG is slow. against fast pace team like chelsea. we are penetrable. EASILY by Hazard etc. so chambers will be a decent CB in the future. We need replacements NOW. we dont need 1 for the future bullshit from wenger no more. im not against him. but like decentK said. we need to get better than 4th place. Players that can bring us improvement. 1 CDM and 2 CB. i dont want monreal to cover the CB spot. :(

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Arsenal with Koscielny for 90 mins vs Arsenal without him for 90 mins.

You only need 1 CB... Since you love Germans, go for Ginter who doesn't get a lot of game time at Dortmund.

CroatiaFan123 9 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

^ I like Maicon from Porto, he isn't that expensive (around 7 million pounds), but he is class. And he is still young, only 26 years. Koscielny is okay.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Koscielny is heavily underrated centerback.

tiki_taka 9 years ago

^ Not really, he was a regular starter in France XI before injury, very aggressive and strong, good at heading and defending set pieces, his only weakness is conceding PKs often, he could be top 3 CB in the world if he learns to avoid useless tackles in the penalty box, aside from that, i rate him very high...

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Exactly!

CroatiaFan123 9 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

@tiki Very true!

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Sky Bet report a run of money on Arsenal to sign Dortmund midfielder Ilkay Gundogan today.

Marcus2011 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Secretly I do hope Arsenal never finds good partner to Koscielny , because he is a terrific defender .

Should Arsenal get another center midfielder who is similar to Ramsey , Artetta , Wilshere , Flamini .. etc / ?

No . Way too many technical players.However, Sven Bender or Lars Bender . Maxime Gonalons very versatile player . Grzegorz Krychowiak who is apparently set to leave Sevilla hence they signed replacement .

that is the type of players I would have gone for not lightweight technical Gundogan . Arsenal has those kind full bench.

• History

Secretly I do hope Arsenal never finds good partner to Koscielny , because he is a terrific defender .

Should Arsenal get another center midfielder who is similar to Ramsey , Artetta , Wilshere , Flamini .. etc / ?

No . Way too many technical players. Sven Bender or Lars Bender . Maxime Gonalons very versatile player . Grzegorz Krychowiak who is apparently set to leave Sevilla hence they signed replacement .

that is the type of players I would have gone for not lightweight technical Gundogan . Arsenal has those kind full bench.

JuanMata10 9 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

They could go for Song, too, after his loan deal at West Ham expires. I also wonder if Luiz Gustavo is available? What happened to Schneiderlin?

Jimbet 9 years ago Edited

based on some journals and reports. it would cost us 25 mil pound for Schneiderlin. as for a DCM i would prefer sven bender or song. i find it hard to resist for song because of his lob through ball back in the days which is what we need to add in our attacking plays.

Edit :

Speaking about his interest in the New Zealander, Wenger said: "Of course we are on the market and work very hard every day.

"All our scouts are working very hard to find a defender."

Asked about a move for Borussia Dortmund star Ilkay Gundogan, Wenger added: "He is not a defender."

• History

based on some journals and reports. it would cost us 25 mil pound for Schneiderlin. as for a DCM i would prefer sven bender or song. i find it hard to resist for song because of his lob through ball back in the days which is what we need to add in our attacking plays.

Edit :

Speaking about his interest in the New Zealander, Wenger said: "Of course we are on the market and work very hard every day.

"All our scouts are working very hard to find a defender."

Asked about a move for Borussia Dortmund star Ilkay Gundogan, Wenger added: "He is not a defender."