Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Shortlist for 2014/15 best player in europe award.
tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Ronaldo and Barça's three frontmen.

Messi, Neymar, Suárez and Cristiano Ronaldo are four of the ten players shortlisted for UEFA's 2014/15 Best Player in Europe award.Strangely though, there are no Spaniards in the final ten-man shortlist. The initial 35-man list of candidates had included Barça's Andrés Iniesta and Xavi Hernández (now playing in Qatar), Real Madrid's Sergio Ramos and Juventus's Álvaro Morata.

The shortlist for the Best Player in Europe was compiled from the votes of journalists from all 54 of UEFA's national federations, who each sent in a list of five players.

UEFA has announced that the jury will vote for the winner during the draw for the group stages of the European Champions League, scheduled to take place in Monaco on 28th August.The most recent winners of the award are: Lionel Messi (2011), Andrés Iniesta (2012), Franck Ribéry (2013) and Cristiano Ronaldo (2014).

The candidates for the 2014/15 season are: Gianluigi Buffon (ITA/Juventus), Eden Hazard (BEL/Chelsea FC), Lionel Messi (ARG/FC Barcelona), Neymar (BRA/FC Barcelona), Paul Pogba (FRA/Juventus), Andrea Pirlo (ITA/Juventus), Cristiano Ronaldo (POR/Real Madrid CF), Luis Suárez (URU/FC Barcelona), Carlos Tévez (ARG/Juventus) and Arturo Vidal (CHI/Juventus).

From Marca.

I will rectify just one thing, '' strangely nno spaniard in the top ten '', its not really strange, Marca is a little biased here

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Messi,Neymar,SuárezandCristiano Ronaldoare four of the ten players shortlisted for UEFA's 2014/15 Best Player in Europe award.

Strangely though, there are no Spaniards in the final ten-man shortlist. The initial 35-man list of candidates had included Barça's Andrés Iniesta and Xavi Hernández (now playing in Qatar),Real Madrid's Sergio Ramos and Juventus's Álvaro Morata.

The shortlist for the Best Player in Europe was compiled from the votes of journalists from all 54 of UEFA's national federations, who each sent in a list of five players.

UEFA has announced that the jury will vote for the winner during the draw for the group stages of the European Champions League, scheduled to take place in Monaco on 28th August.

The most recent winners of the award are: Lionel Messi (2011), Andrés Iniesta (2012), Franck Ribéry (2013) and Cristiano Ronaldo (2014).

The candidates for the 2014/15 season are: Gianluigi Buffon (ITA/Juventus), Eden Hazard (BEL/Chelsea FC), Lionel Messi (ARG/FC Barcelona), Neymar (BRA/FC Barcelona), Paul Pogba (FRA/Juventus), Andrea Pirlo (ITA/Juventus), Cristiano Ronaldo (POR/Real Madrid CF), Luis Suárez (URU/FC Barcelona), Carlos Tévez (ARG/Juventus) and Arturo Vidal (CHI/Juventus).

Messi, Neymar, Suárez and Cristiano Ronaldo are four of the ten players shortlisted for UEFA's 2014/15 Best Player in Europe award.Strangely though, there are no Spaniards in the final ten-man shortlist. The initial 35-man list of candidates had included Barça's Andrés Iniesta and Xavi Hernández (now playing in Qatar),Real Madrid's Sergio Ramos and Juventus's Álvaro Morata.

UEFA has announced that the jury will vote for the winner during the draw for the group stages of the European Champions League, scheduled to take place in Monaco on 28th August.The most recent winners of the award are: Lionel Messi (2011), Andrés Iniesta (2012), Franck Ribéry (2013) and Cristiano Ronaldo (2014).

Messi, Neymar, Suárez and Cristiano Ronaldo are four of the ten players shortlisted for UEFA's 2014/15 Best Player in Europe award.Strangely though, there are no Spaniards in the final ten-man shortlist. The initial 35-man list of candidates had included Barça's Andrés Iniesta and Xavi Hernández (now playing in Qatar),Real Madrid's Sergio Ramos and Juventus's Álvaro Morata.

From Marca.

I will rectify just one thing, '' strangely nno spaniard in the top ten '', its not really strange, logical imo because these are the best 10 this season, maybe Pirlo over Rakitic to award the last season of the player in Europe. No special surprise for me.

Comments
Jimbet 9 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

Suarez is my 2nd because i will never forget how he helped liverpool to get back their top 4 spot plus a spot for the champions league. my reasons may be out of topic but he is a very very good attacking player. deserve to be top 10 best player in the world. (again, sorry for the off topic reasoning :D)

rayrex7 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Lol Messi will win it without even a single doubt, but I am really pleased to see Suarez, he deserves it. Ronaldo had a fantastic season butI won't be suprised if he got third this season, but all in all, I wish all the best for the 3 contenders.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Tiki

"Thats not Ballon d' Or, this trophy is only based on CL performence"

• No, it's not. It's based on all performances throughout 2014/15, including international competitions. Why do people think that this award is just for CL performances? Geez.

tiki_taka 9 years ago

I explain my point by the last winners, all of them were best Euro players or part of the team who lifted the CL.

In 2012 Messi scored the most goals in a calendar year and a season combined, but it was gone fully deservedly to Iniesta who was the best Euro player and part of the winning team.

It could have been Drogba in 2012, it wouldnt have shocked nobody due to his contribution to Chelsea first CL success.

In 2014 Ronaldo scored the biggest number ever someone scored in CL, 17 goals ! Still Ribéry won it.

I think we can have different winners each year depending on criterias, in this award, i noticed that achievement and Europeen success is key.

Hazard presence wasnt because he was PFA of the year, but because he did an amazing groupstage CL with one of the best ranks, same from Ronaldo who wasnt to blame in Madrid elimination semi, amazing compain overall or for Juve players who managed to reach the final.

Thats just a simple analyze of previous winners to guess what are the specific criterias the choices are based on.

tiki_taka 9 years ago

Dilemma between fame and noise for a simple guy, but rich and famous. I guess he cant walk 2minutes on the street before getting blocked by fanatics.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Messi is such a simple guy, so adorable... imagine everytime good looking guys like Beckham or Ronaldo... girls are gonna scream their hearts out.

The thing is in this vid you just see a couple of nice woman, but in fact those Gala have enormous amount of hot chicks... Life becomes beautiful just walking around them... And these players... they are the central of the universe, so envy

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited

Not so sure, i'd rather be rich and not famous. Rich people who can walk with freedom in society are the ones to benefit from life. If tomorrow Messi insults someone or kiss a hot chick as you say. Press will make him regret for weeks...
In their holidays, famous people go to private Islands or some unknown destinations to not get disturbed, but paparazzi still find a way. I dont envy their fame, i envy the sensations they feel on the pitch while achieving and the wages they get :)

It could be fun to sign autographs for one week, take picture with fans, but imagine everyday non-stop with people you dont even know, cant even walk in the street or go to the shop by your own, i would be mad. In a bad day when you dont feel to, you refuse autographs, the next hour all the media are insulting you for not being gentle with fans...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Not so sure, i'd rather be rich and infamous. Rich people who can walk with freedom in society are the ones to benefit from life. If tomorrow Messi insults someone or kiss a hot chick as you say. Press will make him regret for weeks...
In their holidays, famous people go to private Islands or some unknown destinations to not get disturbed, but paparazzi still find a way. I dont envy their fame, i envy the sensations they feel on the pitch while achieving and the wages they get :)

Not so sure, i'd rather be rich and not famous. Rich people who can walk with freedom in society are the ones to benefit from life. If tomorrow Messi insults someone or kiss a hot chick as you say. Press will make him regret for weeks...

It could be fun to sign autographs for one week, take picture with fans, but imagine everyday non-stop with people you dont even know, cant even walk in the street or go to the shop by your own, i would be mad.