Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Shevchenko retires from football
keith28120 12 years ago
Chelsea, Ireland 60 177

The Ukrainian striker Andriy Shevchenko has quit football to begin a career in politics, he said in a statement from his club, Dynamo Kyiv late on Friday.

"Perhaps, I will shock everyone: my future has nothing to do with soccer," Shevchenko said. "It is related to politics."

The 35-year-old former Milan and Chelsea forward ended his international career when Ukraine failed to progress from the group stage at Euro 2012, which they co-hosted with Poland.

Shevchenko did not say if he planned to join one of Ukraine's existing political parties or create his own ahead of October's parliamentary election. He promised to announce the details on Saturday.

Another famous Ukrainian athlete, the heavyweight boxing champion Vitaly Klitschko, already runs a political party called Udar (Strike).

Shevchenko started his career with Dynamo and then moved to Milan, becoming one of the most famous Ukrainian players. His following stint with Chelsea was less successful and he returned to Dynamo in 2009

Comments
JesperKyd 12 years ago
Arsenal, England 15 152

Ermahgard 12 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 8 97

Why are there disappointment pictures and facepalms? He is getting to old for the sport and will be remembered as a legend. Simple as that.

Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

I can tell this was copy and pasted since not all your words started with capital letters...